It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shootings; Revenge of the Bullied White Male?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

100%

the sad part is we see the parents who actually care about their kids, imagine how many don't??

that's scary

Yeah and the ones we see are the minority.......its so sad....

I see more parents posting their damn dog face snap chat pics for likes, than worrying whats going on with their kids

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I see more parents posting their damn dog face snap chat pics for likes, than worrying whats going on with their kids

The weird part is both my kids have seen almost zero bullying in their whole 12 years of school life. No real fights either, everyone is basically friends even in high school including the "odd" kids. They have been in schools in both Texas and Washington state. Kids that get into trouble they tend to avoid mostly, so for these kids any troubles are from the home and not the school.

I also feel that girls are more the social media bullies, and not so much the guys.

One kid is called big Max who was about 250 pounds in 6th grade. I was worried about kids bullying him, so I asked my son and he was like who would bully big Max and looked at me like it was a stupid question. Seemed to be the norm throughout all their years in school.
edit on 22-5-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

BEHOLD - This is a picture of 2 confirmed bullies who no doubt enable shooters (my proof is their vile hatred spewed from their twitter accounts)

The stupid bitch on the left said that the NRA should be defunded - thats how stupid and brainwashed she is - apparently private institutions whose finances come from members means it is government funded.

Look that sh!t up if you don't believe me (both her comment and the NRA structure - look them both up)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The weird part is both my kids have seen almost zero bullying in their whole 12 years of school life. No real fights either, everyone is basically friends even in high school. They have been in schools in both Texas and Washington state. Kids that get into trouble they tend to avoid mostly, so for these kids any troubles are from the home and not the school.

For your kids or for kids in general its at home and not the school?

Just because your kids havent been bullied or, rather perhaps took care of instances on their own doesnt mean its not rampant.....

Because again, I can tell you the majority of kids that are in our programs are because of bullying.....

Not every kid is bullied, just like not every kid is the popular football jock that everyone wants to be as cool as....

My exwifes daughter was never bullied, but her mother and I instilled in her at young age confidence, and I tought her to fight and she was a competitor as well....and most of the school knew it....so they knew if they tried to push her around, it probably wouldnt be a catty back n forth on the internet they would get lol......
edit on 5/22/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I also feel that girls are more the social media bullies, and not so much the guys.

I think thats probably true to an extent, I think it def use to be much more so, but It seems to be catching on a lot more that boys are doing the same thing on social media...

You should hear some of these preteens and teens and how the talk to people on Online games, and how they badger people around, name call, taunt, and tell them how stupid or horrible they are on a consistent basis......

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

BEHOLD - This is a picture of 2 confirmed bullies who no doubt enable shooters (my proof is their vile hatred spewed from their twitter accounts)

The stupid bitch on the left said that the NRA should be defunded - thats how stupid and brainwashed she is - apparently private institutions whose finances come from members means it is government funded.

Look that sh!t up if you don't believe me (both her comment and the NRA structure - look them both up)

But if someone where to point a gun toward either of those two because of the vile hatred you've just spewed, you're not responsible though amirite?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Just because your kids havent been bullied or, rather perhaps took care of instances on their own doesnt mean its not rampant.....

Because again, I can tell you the majority of kids that are in our programs are because of bullying.....

Not every kid is bullied, just like not every kid is the popular football jock that everyone wants to be as cool as....

I didn't say one way or the other... I said my kids have not seen it, and when I said that I meant they have not seen it even with others either.

We are in a time that kids can't even play tag because it is too aggressive, scores are not kept in sports until like middle school...don't want to be aggressive...

So tell me where does it come from? I don't think it is rampant... back when I was in school in NY I couldn't go into the bathroom without getting the sh!t kicked out of me...I think that might be a little more aggressive than today. With that said I do believe there are good places to live and truly horrendous places to live and the society that are in the horrendous places are a big cause to the problems there. I been offered better money to live in bad places but I choose to live where my kids could grow up in a really good environment.

edit on 22-5-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Almost Every single school loses students to automobile accidents every year, but that is not considered a disturbing trend at all.

Actually, that is an extremely disturbing trend, which I think needs to be looked at... I mean damn, if they allowed me to have a license at 15 like they do in some US states, then I highly doubt I would have lived past my 18th birthday.

But anyway, on point... Personally, I think bullying and being shunned by the opposite sex might play a huge role in these school shootings. I can just imagine how difficult that would be on a teenage mind.

For me personally, I peaked in highschool... So I never really had to deal with it back then... Being an arrogant little blonde haired bad boy seemed to always just work in highschool, but not so much as a grown man...So I definitely have had to deal with it as an adult.

Though, its a lot easier to deal with it as an adult when you've accepted who you are and don't really give a s# what others think of you... But it'd be devastating as a teenager to be contantly bullied and shunned, when your number one desire is just to be accepted by your peers. So I can kinder emphasize on how it could cause some people to just snap...Not that I'm condoning it, obviously.

Anyway, I'm probably just ranting now... But, on the point of solutions, the thing that really sticks out to me about US schools is how the kids don't wear uniforms... It may seem insignificant, but I seriously think it makes a huge difference to the intensity of the 'group bullying' mentality that exists within every school on the planet... Just thinking about all the kids who were tormented and ganged up on till they run home in tears, every time we had a free dress day, back when I was at school.

Obviously, I'm not trying to claim that compulsory uniforms in US public schools would eliminate bullying or anything... But, I think that small changes like that could make a surprisingly huge difference to the rate and intensity to which bullying occurs.

Just my 2 cents...

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
There's something missing from this conversation. That to "be" anyone you must have a relationship with a significant other. Heroes go on quests to kill monsters and rescue princesses. The only path to validation for boys is to have girls interested in them.

Way too much of social life among teens is based solely on appearances. It doesn't take long for a kid to get the message that he is worthless when no girls show interest in him. To a teen it often feels like a life or death situation. Media tells us violence is the final solution for the worst of problems. These kids grow up with unrealistic expectations, overloaded with hormones and teen angst and no good role models to help them navigate the cruelties of life as a teen.
edit on 22-5-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Look at our culture.

In the 50's and 60's it was Leave it to Beaver on TV telling you about bullying. It is a much different field in the year 2018.

It starts at home. Parenting. You should know your child well enough to know if they are going to shoot up a school or try to harm themselves or others.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

ha.

when my son was about his age there was a lard on his basketball team i called big hungry. he was awesome.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Just look at the belittling, the name calling, the memes etc that are on display everyday on this website, every political threads gets filled insults and memes designed to push buttons, many are put up by adults, imagine how much more extreme the kids are.... Its a bully culture we live in so it's no real surprise the victims are lashing out.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I didn't say one way or the other... I said my kids have not seen it, and when I said that I meant they have not seen it even with others either.

Ahh ok yeah I was having a hard time trying to figure out which one you were trying to say.....

We are in a time that kids can't even play tag because it is too aggressive, scores are not kept in sports until like middle school...don't want to be aggressive...

Yep, and I think that is a HUGE part of the problem, kids cant take "no" anymore.....they dont have to put any effort into anything......including school work anymore it seems like....

So tell me where does it come from? I don't think it is rampant

I think it does have a lot to do with where you live as well........but at the same time, things are a LOT different then when we were i school......I was bullied at a young age too, until I started boxing and learned a solid jab would usually fix the problem....even then there wasnt much bullying in my school, but , I grew up in small town texas.

Now days our schools are so much bigger with so many more kids, so many more cliques and so forth...

I still think in certain areas its probably not that huge of a deal, but that goes back to how they are raised as well.....and how much the parents actually pay attention....

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Im with you on the uniforms actually.......how you dress has always been a status symbol and a way for people to say "im better than you"

Except its taken to an extreme now days, I was always gobsmacked when i would go pick up my step daugther and see how these parents let their 13yr olds dress.....literally disturbed.

Theres a lot to do with that I think.....

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
i think the greatest problem in relation to bullying, is the fact that americans think everyone should be open and social, that everyone knows how to socialize properly and that something is wrong with them if they don't. this is the main cause of bullying and social isolation, people won't leave others alone and respect their personal space and when the person isn't all nice and social they get offended and isolate them, reject them, bully them and pressure eventually builds up, resulting in suicide most often and shootings/stabbings/etc in some cases.

the problem is that americans need to back off, respect the personal space of people, understand that not everyone is the same, stop dragging socially awkward people out and expect them to become normal, stop telling such awkward kids that they aren't normal and something is wrong with them then force drugs and therapy on them which they don't need.

give people like us some time and space, eventually we'll figure things out and come to you, don't pressure us or bad things will happen. maybe i wasn't bullied but i understand how hard it is to communicate, how no matter what you just can't open up to others the same way as other people. we are just introverted thinkers with strong emotions, oftentimes we just think and react differently.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

That is true, too. People do have a problem with introverts. It isn't always a sign that someone is about to pop. Being an introvert myself, having to socialize can be painful.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I tried to catch an interview with the dad today on the local news, it had to be closed captioned or dubbed because his language skills (English) were so poor.

Just saying the little bit I have allowed myself to absorb on this latest situation seems everyone is actually happy that the kid appears to be of white heritage when in fact his family may be anything but.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
NO ONE EVER feels popular or not bullied in school, has always been that way and will always be. The truth is as painful as childhood itself. One person's tolerance or disassociation with the cruelty of teachers, staff, and students is another's bullying nightmare.

Can ANYONE say that they made unscathed through school regardless of race creed color or nation?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

when my son was about his age there was a lard on his basketball team i called big hungry. he was awesome.

My kid is 1/2 Asian, so his sports nick name is Asian, the fastest kid on the team was a black kid, his was black magic...so on and so on totally non-PC but not cruel and they didn't really see color, sexual orientation etc...

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Even the "most popular" jock, cheerleader or nerd, has pain, they may not tell you the parent, but as far as what some consider bullying another may simply shirk off and ignore. Everyone hurts, no one is excluded from childhood and juvenile pain at school.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join