It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shootings; Revenge of the Bullied White Male?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
it's been reported that the recent Santa Fe Texas shooter was bullied

www.usatoday.com...

The father of the teen accused of fatally shooting 10 people at a Texas high school last week says his son was a "good boy" who was a victim of bullying.

Antonios Pagourtzis told the Wall Street Journal his son, Dimitrios, was "mistreated" at Santa Fe High School where the teen opened fire Friday, killing eight students and two teachers.

IIRC Dylan and Kleibold were also victims of bullying.
looking at the various shooters...none of them look like prom kings or quarterbacks.

how much of these shootings is caused by bullying?

schools talk a lot of stuff about anti-bullying campaigns but I wonder how effective they are. my memories of school are that bullies are very capable of finding adult-free environments in which to practice their cruelty.

also keep in mind that there are pc concepts such as 'white guilt' and 'microagression' which basically state that white males are always empowered and never victims.
(tell that to the white kid trapped in the bathroom with ten hostile blacks. yes, I feel very empowered right now.)

not justifying shootings or violence at all, but I can't help think this is a problem. how many of the shooters were socially misadjusted loners?

thoughts?
has our pc culture gone too far in demonizing (straight) white males?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I’m willing to bet this kid was on some type of SSRI/seratonin reuptake inhibitor, or some drug for ADHD, or something else.

Seems to be a correlation with depression/prescription drugs but maybe that’s just me.

Bully’s have been around as long as there have been people.

Maybe we are all looking in the wrong place on this issue.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I am still curious as to why this is being considered some kind of dangerous growing trend. 130 school shooting casualties in nineteen years is hardly a threat to our society as a whole. of course once they realized it would be hard to sensationalize such a trivial number over twenty years, they switched to "over 187,000 kids exposed" by counting every student present in school that day for each attack. That number sounds much bigger and scarier right??

A bigger number is an easier one to make people feel #ty. As far as I am concerned, school shootings are barely an issue. Almost Every single school loses students to automobile accidents every year, but that is not considered a disturbing trend at all.

Oh right, bullying. Yes, I believe that bullying contributes to some individuals retreating into a shelter of violent media which corrupt their thinking even further, leading to the possibility of these extremely rare and uncommon events.

Im sorry, but in a nation with tens of thousands of school, eleven in a year pretty much does not register. It is the definition of anomaly, not common, and rare.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

i think a lot of it has to do with bullying. or rejection. from girls or peers. # like that
its hard for some to navigate and hard for some to get their emotions in check.

these days if you have emotions or feeling and you want to talk about them youre a pussy snowflake whatever the word of the day is.

i will never forget what marilyn manson said when he was interviewed about the columbine thing... cause you know they blamed his music for it for a while.

the the anchor said "what would you have said to dylan and eric"

he said

"nothing. i would have listened"

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

And with all the people who have lived in and or visited the United States of America since George Washington was president, How many have actually attempted to assassinate a President? Yet there he is with all his security.

I know, not the same.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

I’m willing to bet this kid was on some type of SSRI/seratonin reuptake inhibitor, or some drug for ADHD, or something else.

Seems to be a correlation with depression/prescription drugs but maybe that’s just me.

There also seems to be a connection with some level of autism too, remember the no child left behind...A great idea but no money backing it, so kids with behavioral/mental issues were dumped into the general school population and teachers had no extra assistants. I have heard horror stories...

edit on 22-5-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
OK, I hate to do this, but I am going to be *that* person this time.

Was he bullied or was he on the receiving end of criticisms he perceived as bullying?

I know he harassed Shana for months. In one account I've seen, the only way she finally got him to leave her alone was to humiliate him in front of the class.

Now, I am not saying that what she did was right, but at the same time, it also wasn't right that he was able to harass her for so long without anyone stepping him to stop him and gently tell him that she just wasn't into him.

In short, no one seems to have caught that he didn't have coping skills for rejection.

So if the incident with the girl was so badly mishandled on all fronts, what about the coach? Did the coach actually bully him, or was the coach trying to give him some advice -- "Dude, you need to do something about your body odor." So little has been actually reported on that count except that the coach picked on him that we don't know what really went on or how it was intended.

As the mother of a small child, I know he regularly gets his signals crossed and misunderstands things all the time.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

In my day which wasn't all that long ago, the one getting bullied eventually lashed out, a fight insued and a winner and loser declared. A mutual respect was gained and everybody exited stage left. If the fight was broke up early it wasn't finished and usually led to round 2. If they were caught they would get saturday school. They don't let kids be kids anymore, they started threatening expulsion and potential for charges against the parents, then handcuff parents ability to discipline their kids

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

Yeah but before social media, kids could get away from the bullying.......

Now its a 24/7 deluge of it from every angle from multiple formats of social media.....There is no off switch....

its the same reason the rate of Teen suicide has skyrocketed.....

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
here's the problem I know because I teach boxing and self defense classes to kids

#1 reason why parents ask me to train their child

BULLYING

the first thing they say is that they have tried to work with the school to stop it and the school does nothing

so here's what happens several kids will be making this kids life a living hell. the parents go to the school and try to get the bullying to stop, the school does nothing

next, the parents go to a martial arts instructor, specifically in todays world MMA fighters and boxing/ muay thai fighters (I'm all 3 of those) and ask them to teach their child how to defend themselves physically

on the bright side kids get along with everyone in a heavily enforced respect culture which is not done at school (where kids tell the teachers what to do, I know it's really bad) on the down side the kid stands up for themselves using the skills we teach them and they go to jail with felony charges

so we victim blame and then wonder why this is happening, pretty dumb system we have setup for these otherwise nice kids to fail in at no fault of their own

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
oh also take your racist rhetoric somewhere else some of us white males aren't afraid to fight back against the anti white racist propaganda your peddling

don't flag this post for the racist title, let it fly so more people wake up to the propaganda
edit on 22-5-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

good point. it can be constant.

even if the person being bullies pull themselves away from social media their classmates still have it and are passing comments, pics and memes among themselves so the person getting bullied will have a great time at school the next day.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think the majority of school shooters are young guys angry because of rejection by girls. Here in Canada we had the École Polytechnique shooting, where Marc Lepine tried to kill as many "feminists" as possible for allegedly ruining his life. Just a few weeks ago we had the van attack in Toronto which was linked to the incel movement.

(post by crtrvt removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think there is a dual problem.

Kids aren't taught how to cope with criticism, and we also have real bullying issues.

In this case, I'm not fully sure where the line should be drawn. If he was harassing the girl even though she had rejected him, it doesn't sound like he was being bullied on that front but instead couldn't cope with rejection from a crush. In that case, she had complained to several sources and nothing had been done.

You might say she was the one being bullied by him.

What was needed was for someone to take him aside and explain to him that she was just not interested before she got the point of handling it herself by humiliating him.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I think there is a dual problem.

Kids aren't taught how to cope with criticism, and we also have real bullying issues.

In this case, I'm not fully sure where the line should be drawn. If he was harassing the girl even though she had rejected him, it doesn't sound like he was being bullied on that front but instead couldn't cope with rejection from a crush. In that case, she had complained to several sources and nothing had been done.

You might say she was the one being bullied by him.

What was needed was for someone to take him aside and explain to him that she was just not interested before she got the point of handling it herself by humiliating him.

the schools need to stop letting the kids run the school and enforce a strictly adhered to respect policy

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Agreed, im a BJJ and Dutch Kickboxing practitioner and see this all the time with parents. Its sad to see, however what we offer and working with these kids, possibly is helping so many we dont even realize.

Thank for for extra curricular activities that instill discipline and self confidence in these kids, and allows them to get out some of that aggression....

Other than that, really wheres their outlet? They either bottle it up, or turn into those bullies we see online all the time...such is the state of our society.....

The teachers do nothing, and if the kids finally do something they are punished WAY harder by the schools and parents than the actual bully.........

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

100%

the sad part is we see the parents who actually care about their kids, imagine how many don't??

that's scary

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

You sound like one of those thats been brainwashed.........this statement is ridiculous.......

Need I point out Antifa, safe spaces, demonizing of the male, crying rooms, and people who cant stand to be offended? News flash thats not the right...and they are bullying tactics to submit to what they want......

Please.....
edit on 5/22/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue May 22 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join