It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - WTF - Three Beatles Changes - Make Your Own Brainstorm

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj
I got a hold of my kid brother (53) who's the biggest Beatles fan, ever. I asked him the lyrics right after the words "I am the Walrus" ..and he immediately responded "cuckoo cachoo." I said to him "welcome to Mandela's world."

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Hello, hi Pearj, I'll focus on the second part of you op. Idk, the Beatles music as well as some of the other members around here.I felt like sharing my thoughts on the Brainstorm/Green Needle video, while they're fresh.

Yesterday, I checked out the video in the thread you posted.All I heard was green needle.I gave it a shot, to do with how you described feeling slow/fast and how that effected what was heard.No dice, I just kept hearing green needle.

Today, I checked out this thread and the second part caught my attention.I skipped past 3 minute part of the video, and listened to the gentleman say the word before hearing the sound.I heard what he was saying.That reminded me of the expression,"priming the pump."

Curious, I went back to the other thread from yesterday.I played it and listened.I was able to hear brainstorm!That felt good. I used the same headphones and computer. Imo,a flexible mind is to be desired
.I then tried saying the various combinations to myself before playing it back, and heard them.Not all the time, but more often then not.Also, listening to the video on this page now, I hear what I say to myself rather then the gentleman's prompts now.

I had the impression what I was hearing with the Yanni/Laurel sounds depended more on the devices/speakers I was using to playback (TV/Phone/Computer).I have worked in often very noisy conditions so, I thought that may have been a factor there too.I'll listen to them again and see if my perception is any different.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
You should check this out.

Write down Brain storm and Green Needle.

twitter.com...

Listen to the clip and whichever word your looking at you will hear. Its not Mandela its just a cool trick of the mind.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

I think your the only person that actually read it and tested it out in different ways.

Thanks for reporting back.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: YouCannotBeSerious

Then I have a bridge you end up buying lol

You didn't even test out the video I provided..

You're that susceptible?

A guy in a video can tell you how you'll hear the same phase four different ways?

A marketer's dream come true.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

No I did, I linked you a video clip of how a Ben10 toy does the same thing.

Its neither magic nor Mandela. I'm sorry you seem so confused about this, its not new.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: YouCannotBeSerious

Lmao - that shows you didn't watch it, the video is the ben10 toy.

No biggie - you obviously don't have to.

I'm more focused on how you think you'd be susceptible to someone telling you how to hear the same phase 4 different ways.

In my opinion, your smarter than that.

Opinions aside, you'll hear four different phrases in the same word - If you watch it.

And that shouldn't be possible (see my previous comments).

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is not a new revelation. If you are only now discovering the "coo coo ca choo" versus "goo goo ga job" thing, then you have not been paying enough attention to the Beatles in the past 40+ years. It was a common thing back even when the song came out that people thought it was coo coo cachoo. However, it was pointed out back then to those people that they were simply mishearing it, and it was really goo goo ga joob.

There are a lot of commonly misheard lyrics -- i.e., cases in which a large number of people independently mis-hear lyrics all the same way. Examples:

- Jimmi Hendrix: "Excuse me while I kiss this guy" (which is really "...kiss the sky")

- Sting/The Police: "I'm a pool hall ace" (which is really "...My poor heart breaks")

- Credence Clearwater: "There's a bathroom on the right" (which is really "There's a bad moon on the rise")

So it can happen that a whole bunch of different people who have no contact with one another all mishear lyrics in the exact same manner. I think it's probably even more common with nonsense lyrics, such as "goo goo ga joob".

edit on 2018/5/24 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

sigh..

Another poster saying the same thing about misheard lyrics.

If you think we don't know about misheard lyrics, if you think we haven't already considered them..

..We do, we have - we disagree.

Welcome to the revelation..

Other people are just as smart as you, have just as much common sense - and still have different points of view..

Surprise.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: Box of Rain

sigh..

Another poster saying the same thing about misheard lyrics.

If you think we don't know about misheard lyrics, if you think we haven't already considered them..

..We do, we have - we disagree.

Welcome to the revelation..

Other people are just as smart as you, have just as much common sense - and still have different points of view..

Surprise.

I never said people who believe these things to be The Mandela Effect are dumb or any different than me.

On the contrary, I think they are normal and have a brain that works just like mine. I say it is completely normal for the human brain to be fallible, normal to mis-remember things (even things everyone SWEARS they are remembering correctly), normal for the brain to perceive things differently, and normal for our brain's perceptions to change without us realizing it.

What I'm saying is that while some people cannot fathom that they might have a memory that is NOT a perfect recording of the past, the truth is that it is completely normal. EVERY ONE of us has memories that don't align perfectly with the actual past, but we also know that it is completely normal and completely human that our brain's memories don't align.

edit on 2018/5/27 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The real mystery concerning the Beatles is this:

When did the Beatles write Clarence, the black Beatle out of history? If you ask most people, they cannot remember and in fact vehemently deny there ever WAS a black Beatle.

Interestingly enough, Ringo, in a moment of uncommon candor, admitted in an interview that the other Beatles killed Clarence in order to steal his 'really good ideas '. The fact this seems to have been written out of history may be the most baffling Mandela effect of all.

If you doubt me, simply Google 'Clarence the black Beatle '. You're welcome.

R.I.P. Clarence. Some of us still remember!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

I did a search for "Beatle back clearance".. but didn't find anything of interest.. ..other than beatles don't have a good departure angle - I didn't know that.

Maybe you could help by pasting some text here, or something.. you know.. ..'cause folks'll mess it up if you ask them to Google it.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

a reply to: nightbringr

I did a search for "Beatle back clearance".. but didn't find anything of interest.. ..other than beatles don't have a good departure angle - I didn't know that.

Maybe you could help by pasting some text here, or something.. you know.. ..'cause folks'll mess it up if you ask them to Google it.

Sure.

www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/beatles/comments/5vn9zm/eddie_murphy_the_5th_beatle_snl_skit/

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

First, the Beatles song "I Am The Walrus".

1. I remember "Coo coo ca-choo". It's now "goo goo gajoob".

2. There are reports of "waiting for her sun". I hear "waiting for the sun" as this one isn't affecting me yet. There are many reporting they hear waiting for 'her' sun.

3. I happened upon another. Does he say "sitting in my English garden" or "sitting in an English garden". There is a very weird skip that makes it sound like "sitting in m_n English garden". I was able to hear this, then when my wife came home, she could hear it and I couldn't. I hear it again today though.

1. It is coo coo ca choo, at first. Then goo goo gajoob at the end.
2. It is waiting for the sun, what is her sun? (Unless you conceptualised it as Son)
3. It's sitting in an english garden. Saying sitting in my english garden is a bit of a tautology considering the guy singing is english.

You're reaching at straws here.

It is really hard to find new ME's however.
I spent days trying to validate my theory by being able to find one.

The best I got was dominoes is now domino's.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Slow motion water, fire engine guy

Come on these aren't even interesting anymore.

edit on 4-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Slow motion water, fire engine guy

Come on these aren't even interesting anymore.

You are looking at it wrong!

I find it fascinating what people "choose" to believe when evidence says otherwise.

Whether it's people ignoring Hilary's racism or ignoring Trump's stupidity or accepting all the pain in the world is caused by some broad eating fruit.

It's the same machine at work and the beauty of the mandela effect is that we can see the beginnings of it and watch it grow.

Every example given for why people choose to ignore reality is definitely interesting.
Of course they will say the same about us.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Whether it's people ignoring Hilary's racism or ignoring Trump's stupidity or accepting all the pain in the world is caused by some broad eating fruit.

No I'm pretty sure it's just about auditory pareidolia.

Now excuse me while I kiss this guy.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Finally, a disagreement that is worthwhile in a ME thread.

My explanation for ME's is The Mandolia Effect

It's kinda the same principal as Pareidolia but I think it deserves it's own category.
Like Deja Vu.

Unfortunately the ME's shown here aren't ME's.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Did YOU ever really think that Hendrix sang "kiss this guy"?

Anyone who thinks that didn't listen to the words of the song.

I love Hendrix, Little Wing is the greatest piece of music ever written.
His other songs ain't too bad either.

I never thought it was kiss this guy and I challenge you to find a real Hendrix fan who does.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Did YOU ever really think that Hendrix sang "kiss this guy"?

Anyone who thinks that didn't listen to the words of the song.

I love Hendrix, Little Wing is the greatest piece of music ever written.
His other songs ain't too bad either.

I never thought it was kiss this guy and I challenge you to find a real Hendrix fan who does.

No. And I don't think Freddie Mercury sang "kickin' your cat all over the place."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join