It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harley-Davidson cut jobs, repurchased shares after tax cut

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
How's the trickling down going? I guess I've dropped a penny or two in my lifetime while walking to the to the grocery store. I suppose that's wealth trickling down in action.

House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., in September used a Harley-Davidson plant in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, as a backdrop for touting the GOP tax measure signed by President Donald Trump late last year, Vox relayed. And Mr. Trump met with Harley-Davidson executives and union representatives at the White House in February, saying the company's business would only get better.

Four months after Ryan's appearance at the Harley-Davidson factory in his home state, 800 workers in Kansas City, Missouri, were told they'd be out of jobs when their plant closes in 2019 and operations shift to York, Pennsylvania, resulting in a net loss of 350 jobs.

Only days after the Kansas City layoff news, Harley-Davidson announced a dividend hike and stock buyback plan worth about $696 million.

The Kansas City plant's closure came as Harley-Davidson is struggling with declining sales and rising costs. It's also consolidating operations at three other factories.

www.cbsnews.com...

Oh it gets worse. Reports are, Harley Davidson plans to move their factory to Bangkok, Thailand:

As with Wells Fargo and Carrier, we're once again learning that trickle down economics is a sham and the American people are paying for it. But hey who cares right? So long as you got your $1500 tax return you're fine for the year right? You can finally buy that Apple computer you always wanted! Meanwhile more jobs are lost, more folks are left unemployed, healthcare cuts continue, costs increase. On the light side you'd be contributed to the economy I guess by spending that tax cut... which is good.... unless that money falls right back into debt?

What, what a terrible post. Way to cherry pick using a fledgling company.

Unemployment is way down. I’m not even going to post links because a simple web search will show you this.

Awful, awful, awful. -1 Star.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Want to see why this is happening?

Read up on their demand issues (Millenials not being interested in Harley’s.)

stocknews.com...

This original post is fake news at its finest. Another -1 Star.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Throes

Yeah it's the fault of the young, damn those avocado toast eating mfkrs, when in doubt take the massive tax brakes and move to overseas instead of innovations meant to appeal.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Remember Buell, and MV Agusta, more Harley Davidson successes. I have owned 4, all needed parts at one time or another, but most bikes do.

Pushrod, air cooled V twin.... think Royal Enfield where "We make the Past fun". The VRod was something good.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Throes

Yeah it's the fault of the young, damn those avocado toast eating mfkrs, when in doubt take the massive tax brakes and move to overseas instead of innovations meant to appeal.

It's enough of a problem that investors are citing it as PART of the problem.

HD's profit has declined by 50% over the past three years. No amounts of tax cuts are going to save bad business practices.

The OP is.....FAKE NEWS!

edit on 24-5-2018 by Throes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join