It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White guilt is not only annoying but also patronizing to minorities.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

White guilt program is used by the left so they can be openly racist.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Let's not muddy the water here with this fake video and your fragile ego being annoyed by something.

While it can turn toxic, white awareness is very, very necessary.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Wasn't that video proven to be some dumb drama student trying to make a name for herself? If not, that's what you're seeing.

White guilt is bull#. I agree that it's patronizing. There are plenty of minorities that have been wildly successful, they don't need to be coddled. Suggesting they do is suggesting they are deficient.

Of course there is still racial disparity. If you're not racist, or actively encouraging racism, you don't need to apologize for all the assholes.

I'm not going to apologize for men that rape people because I have a peen, humanity on the whole for having quite a few bad eggs even though I'm human, or for people a long time ago that colonized the US even though I am of European descent and ancestors came over on the Mayflower. I didn't do it, I don't condone it now, and I'm like most people who don't really care AT ALL what you look like, as long as you're a good person. The white guilt crowd is the same group of people that would be furious if you were uncomfortable with any groups violent or oppressive outliers. It's nonsense, they're almost entirely hypocritical and are doing the entire human race a disservice.

You want to end racial problems? Shut the f--- about all the nonsense little things like cultural appropriation and focus on when someone is intentionally treating someone poorly for the color of their skin, REGARDLESS of their skin color.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm White, I have Zero Guilt. I didn't do Jack and Sh*t to any Minority. I'm Irish, more of my people were sold as Slaves than the entire duration of America's epoch. I'm also Cherokee, my people suffered more death, sickness, and sorrow than any Slaves, but Guess What? I experienced ZERO effect from either situation. Therefore, I cannot logically or ethically use this as a crutch to bemoan my station in life. I grew up dirt ass poor but I pick myself up by my bootstraps and am now very successful.
a reply to: starwarsisreal

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wow, that woman in the video is so cringy! I find her very rude and disrespectful. She doesn't know anything about the other woman yet she wants to change her life.
I completely agree with you. Hating your own race and feeling ashamed of who you are is not gonna help anybody, it's just ridiculous and cringy as hell. I guess they are trying to be cool, modern and become an ally, but it doesn't work, sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join