It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White guilt is not only annoying but also patronizing to minorities.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
As minority, I find any white person advocating for white guilt not only annoying but also racist to themselves and to minorities by assuming that all minorities are helpless and always a victim.

My message to anyone advocating for white guilt, stop it. Not only are you disrespecting yourself, your also disrespecting the very people your supposedly advocating for. As much as I hate these guys, at least the Neo Nazis and KKK do not hate themselves.

Also, I what I hate about these white guilt folks is that they feel that minorities need to hold their hand. No not all of us need to get our hand held. Many of us can take care of ourselves.

Sadly they are far more common in many places including where I live (LA).

Update: The video is fake, but white guilt people who have patronizing views toward minorities is very real.
edit on 5/22/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Then why do minorities constantly invoke it?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I agree with OP. Minorities are not victims!!!!

But the replies to this thread already show how tough it is to get people to drop their old biases and prejudices.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
EDIT:

....Anyone else think this video is probably staged, fake or its just the ramblings of a crazy women rather than a video representing the views of left in general??

Anyway....

I think a lot of this crap about "white guilt" and how white people are being made to feel guilty and are being subjected to a slow covert "white genocide" is nothing more than covert racism. White guilt is used as a tool by the far right to encourage and consolidate their base of support. Its a racist lie.

I get what you are saying OP but I think that the reason behind this myth of white guilt has to be addressed.

Its racism and bigotry that pushes it.

The left is part to blame for this also, decades of political correctness have created a political environment where it has become very difficult to discuss issues like immigration, islamic extremism and racial identity in a constructive way. If you say you are against Mexican immigration you run the risk of being labelled as racist by many on the left. I think what has happened is that as the left and the right have been pushed further apart the effect has been exponential, the further one side goes the further the other goes. The political divide just gets bigger and bigger.

So we get this bollocks about white guilt, like I said I view it as a covert racism. Nobody wants to be called out as being a racist, nobody wants to deal with the negative connotations that go with it. The solution then is to pretend its something else, its not racism, its just defending the white race, or its not racist because we do not recognise any definition of race behond simple biological constructs. A big part of the problem in my mind is that these people do not own that they are racist so it makes any kind of discussion or attempts to challenge their views very difficult.

I personally believe that when it comes to race, it just shouldn't be a issue, I don't care what race you are we are all one race, the human race and thats about it. Now sure within that race we have different sub-groups, we each have individual differences and I also believe that all of the variation that comes with the human race should also be respected.
edit on 22-5-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This video is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. The whole white guilt thing seems very racist and patronizing. As a visible lesbian I get some amount of patronizing bull# from sjw weirdos. It's not quite the same but I get some of what you are feeling. The whole white guilt thing is just a new form of racism. Liberals are basically treating minorities like the kids who ride the short bus.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No,
Typical leftist, calling people who disagree with you racist.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I agree. It's like the voter ID/registration situation. Somehow, a group has decided that black folks don't have ID's or traverse the system to get one, all the while, not bothering to verify if that's the case.

SJW's taking up a cause is a dangerous thing. They assume a problem exists, then exploit it, all the while, never understanding the issue at all.

We were born the way we were, and dealing with it seems the only sensible option.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

No,
Typical leftist, calling people who disagree with you racist.

Not at all what I was doing.

I was saying that I think the people who like to rant about "white guilt" and the "white genocide" are pretty much expressing racist views in my opinion.

Now if you are not one of those people then that fine, I am not calling you a racist.

I might disagree with you massively on several things but I can respect a legitimate difference of views, so I am not saying you are racist if you disagree with me. that would be totally stupid.

thank you though for attempting to misrepresent what I was saying.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Everyone looking to marinate in victimhood. An irrefutable sign that 1st world people have absolutely no clue.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
As I suspected the video is faked, at least according to this report

The woman pretending to have an emotional breakdown is Stephanie Douglass, a South Side resident.

She was working with Chicago writer/director/actor Joe Janes, who has taught improv and writing at the Second City Training Center since 1997. He approached her with the idea to do an improv piece.

"He said he had this idea and wanted to shoot something as if it were a Clinton supporter who was losing it," Douglass said.

The inspiration came after videos of Trump supporters going off in stores went viral, she said, including one in which a woman went on a rant at a Michaels store in Lakeview in November.

Link

I get though that the OP was only using the video to illustrate a point but even so, doesn't look legit and this article backs up that suspicion.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

there is a video of this.

asking white liberals, and they say, black people cannot find the court house and so on
then they ask black people, do you know where the court house is: and they give the WTF look, and say yeah

it would be hysterical if people didn't hang their being to crap like this

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Everyone looking to marinate in victimhood. An irrefutable sign that 1st world people have absolutely no clue.

On point.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm white, but not guilty white. My great great great grandfather fought a war that helped free a whole lot of humans, and that's inspiring to me.

We're all just folks circling around the sun on the same rock in this extremely short sliver of time together. Why can't we enjoy each other's company for the miraculous coincidence it is?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
IS that first video real? THAT CANNOT BE REAL??

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Minorities should feel ashamed, because in America Everyone gets treated equally. No matter the ethnicity or skin color.

We see the love toward minorities every day from viral videos.

The Majority should know that we all are equal and there's no need to feel any guilt.
We're so equal that in 2018 race is still a debate...
edit on 22-5-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Apologies to everyone for that video.

Though the video is fake, there are people who really do preach white guilt while portraying all minorities as helpless.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Sorry double post.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I live in a super liberal community. I swear, some of my white neighbors are more pro-black and woke than me...

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what You say, because they'll just say you don't know any better and how could you, because after all you are Only a minority. You are just brainwashed by the white mans propaganda.

Careful. You Saw what they did to Kanye.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

If I screw up personally, then I feel guilty about it. I did something generating shame/guilt. It happens.

But how am I suppose to generate legitimate shame/guilt for something someone else did? I had no part in it. I have no clue why they did it and probably don't care.

Total narcissism, assuming the mantel of emotional responsibility for the rest of the planet. Something somewhere was wrong now you will make amends by self flagellation. Oh, and let's not forget said flagellation is best when done publicly as possible.

<<   2 >>

join