It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your next president.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think the dems need young blood like Obama was.
The older they are the deeper holes they have.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Good thread and analysis. That's pretty much it imo. The country seems to be in a state of M'eh. That works to the advantage of the incumbent. People(parties) are seldom voted in. People are voted out.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The 'right' is so hell-bent on maintaining this decisiveness and this mentality of 'us vs you' that the moral compass of the country is going to shhit, and extremism is becoming the norm.

Whatever political affiliation of the next 'leader', every citizen of America gets affected by the policies.

Social media and the internet have created an irreparable schism...

edit on 22-5-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Nevermind.
edit on 22-5-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: ☝

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

are you sure the blame is just on the "right"? I don't know that my political ideals have changed much over the years, but I am much more in tune with things political, since the last election. I was drawn in by the incredible arrogance of some on the left, it made me want to go against it even it my common sense said otherwise. And now I feel like I made the right choice, as things are moving along better than they have in a while.

I almost think the opposition is angry that things aren't falling apart. They hate that their anger and bitterness was misplaced.

Perhaps we will have a national catastrophe again and pull all of us together again.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I would say that the left is pretty damn guilty of maintaining the decisiveness as well.

But you are right. Our last two presidents were elected on popularity not qualifications.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: olaru12
I'll vote for any party, any candidate as long as it's not a draft dodging coward.
We know, you're desperate for anything.

I'm desperate for a candidate that will display honor, character, and real patriotism not simply pandering to his base with foolish photo ops and adolescent tweets.
edit on 22-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

so Mike Pence would do?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

we didn't want Hillary because she was too arrogant

Hmmm. I'm not quite sure that arrogance is the determining factor. These are actual quotes from the self-described stable genius:

"I know words, I have the best words"
"I'm speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain, and I've said a lot of things"
"I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world"
"There's nobody bigger or better at the military than I am."
"There’s nobody that’s done so much for equality as I have."
"I have studied the Iran deal in great detail, greater by far than anyone else."
"Nobody knows banking better than I do."
"Nobody knows the system better than me."
"Nobody knows politicians better than me."
"Nobody knows more about debt than I do."
"Nobody knows more about trade than me."
"Nobody has better toys than me."
"I can be more presidential than anybody. I would say more presidential, and I’ve said this a couple of times, more presidential other than the great Abe Lincoln."

But maybe you're right, he did also say this, so it's probably true:

"I think I'm much more humble than you would understand." (the "believe me" is silent)

She would have kept things going as well as Obama did.

Slowly eroding the fabric of the US

Yawn. Whenever conservatives aren't running everything, conservatives claim that the "fabric of the US" is being eroded. Because they see themselves as the "silent majority" of "real Americans" and the gatekeepers of what is or isn't American, patriotic, etc.

followers looked for new and interesting ways to kiss her ass.

No Trump supporters kiss Trump's ass.

Oh, sorry, that sounded racist.

You're the real victim here, don't you ever forget it.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hillary will not run again until 2024. She has already faced off against Trump and lost. She would be better off from a strategic point of view to wait and I think she will.

Now, with that said, I'm hoping she is in jail before then.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

And the scary part is the Trump haters seem to have adopted the mentality that anything Trump is for, they are against.

That's a little ironic considering that Trump is often lauded for "destroying Obama's legacy."

Seeing people claiming the world would end, Nuclear War was eminent,

You mean like Trump supporters claiming that Hillary Clinton being elected would lead to nuclear war with Russia and the end of the world?

As to your question, it's a bit early yet but there are a few names that have consistently been floated:

Tusli Gabbard
Gavin Newsom
Joe Biden

I don't think Biden should run. Gavin Newsom has the look but when I've heard him in interviews/discussions it wasn't anything special. I think Gabbard is the best of that bunch. She scored a lot of points when she stepped down as Vice Chair of the DNC. She's also a Iraq War vet. It doesn't hurt that she's young and attractive. She's got the right position re Syria but meeting with Assad was pretty wtf and some of her earlier statements raised some eyebrows.

Tusli Gabbard - maybe, would need to know about her politics re: US Constitution - but seems feasible
Gavin Newsom - No way, blatant, take no prisoners gun grabber -check any appearance of his on Bill Maher
Joe Biden - No way, HRC light
What happened to Kamala Harris? Too toxic already?

I’ve been known to vote Democratic (well, twice in my lifetime, Obama x 2 based on GOP options). It could happen again, but never with two of those three you listed. Nor will I vote for a vocal gun grabber.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

LOL, it's almost like you think we on the other side don't understand who and what Trump is. That really makes me laugh, and not just a little. He's arrogant, boastful, a liar, an egomaniac, (I'll even go so far as to say he has an orange hue). He was also not Hillary and those who flowed him were not the one those who though their intelligence and self importance outweighed any other ideas.

But he isn't destroying things or costing me money. Obama cost me money, and that pissed me off bigley.

Oh and what a fantastic way to throw in the old "I know you are but what am I" at the end. Super adult like.

edit on 22-5-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Good luck to the next President- in fact, next several presidents. They will need it when they realize that no one with half a brain would dare to work for any administration in this country. Just ask Michael Caputo.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

O.k., look.........you're right in 800 some-odd days there will be another crappy election. It'll be crappy because it'll be another iteration of voting for the lesser evil instead of someone anyone really likes. Whoever gets elected will be roundly hated and detested by the "other" "team" and of course many of the "tribes" will be overjoyed while many of the tribes will be utterly horrified.

In 895 days from today, there will be an election. A leader will be elected, and we will all have to deal with the results, much as we have for every election in the past. The Trump election really solidified the crazy for me. Seeing people claiming the world would end, Nuclear War was eminent, it will all be over, we must move to another country.

After watching the most recent episode of "Madam Secretary", wherein it was believed Russia had launched an all out nuclear warhead missle attack on the US, as I watched the thought occurred to me........"God, what a relief that would be!"

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

you sound a bit sad. I bet if you hugged a puppy, you would feel better.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Are those who you expect or who you'd like to see? I ask because the top 4 names that seem to appear on everyone's list of expected front runners are Bernie Sanders, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, and Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Not sad.....just fed up. One thing's for certain. I've done my last Presidential election.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I actually hope Joe Biden runs and gets the nomination and my reason for it is purely ridiculous and has no bearing on the actual office of president... I'd enjoy watching Donald Trump debate with Joe Biden. I think both sides would produce epic sound bites and the debates would be an entertaining circus.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

My prediction?

The way things look, there won't be an election in 2020 because we'll be busy in our Civil War II because Trump didn't get impeached and the left finally lost it.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Not sad.....just fed up. One thing's for certain. I've done my last Presidential election.

I have a suggestion for you. Take a vacation from all this. If it is more than entertainment, it's a problem.
We can't do anything to change the events we discuss, and things won't always go the way I want them, or you want them.
This is why God made nature and beer. They go well together like peas and carrots.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join