It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your next president.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The other day, I started a thread asking for the left to share their thoughts for the new leader. I didn't get many thoughtful replies, but I did get a few. But aside from those thoughtful replies, I noticed that my initial idea may have been right all along. That there are two camps, and not much else. Of the two camps, there is the Trump supporters (anywhere from "I love Trump" to "I tolerate Trump") and the Trump haters. Not necessarily all left vs. right either. And the scary part is the Trump haters seem to have adopted the mentality that anything Trump is for, they are against. Even things that make sense. So where does that leave us?

In 895 days from today, there will be an election. A leader will be elected, and we will all have to deal with the results, much as we have for every election in the past. The Trump election really solidified the crazy for me. Seeing people claiming the world would end, Nuclear War was eminent, it will all be over, we must move to another country. All without waiting a bit to see what might transpire. Well, we have had a bit to see what Trump is about. And while I didn't have much that I expected from him, other than that we still are around after his 4 years, he has exceeded my expectations Bigley. I would still rather have a more presidential leader, just for the ease of not having to defend some crazy stuff he does. But I think overall, it's pretty far from the disaster I was told was coming.

So here we are, this close to the next phase, and everyone seems to be on autopilot. No real leaders emerging from the left, and no standouts from the right. And we have yet to see the amazing "others" like Jill Stein or Gary Johnson. So at what point will some new blood step up? Or will we wait to be told by the usuals who to vote for?

It's a bit too quiet on that front......

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The Left is in "Get Trump" mode and believe that will win them elections. Not coming up with new ideas, just bashing anything Trump.
And sadly, that's all many Liberals need to vote for whoever the Left sticks out front.

Have no f***ing clue what the Right is doing.

It's Summer. Spending as much time as possible outside and ignoring the "news".

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It's Hillary Clinton's destiny to lose to Trump AGAIN!!

Trump is a lock for reelection and Democrats are still dumbfounded about the last loss and have not done anything to up their game. Just more of that same.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't know who's running for the next elections or what will Trump accomplish, or not, until there.

I do know that I'm not voting for the previous administration EVER again.

We've seen enough lying and crimes already.

Fool me twice, shame on ME.
edit on 22/5/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Oh, it's a bit early. The Left is still licking its wounds and the Right is still standing around looking dazed. There is some back room maneuvering at this point, but i don't think people in general are ready to "get behind'" one person or another.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'll vote for any party, any candidate as long as it's not a draft dodging coward.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Maybe I'm premature on this, but it seems like there should be some standouts making appearances and kissing a few babies at this point. Or maybe everyone is scared sh!tless about what dirt will be uncovered, and nobody wants any part of it. I know I wouldn't.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Next president....????!!!!!

WhoTF cares!!! The current president is providing us with more triggering of the establishment than one could ever wish for. This is unrivaled - interesting times.

Enjoy the ride my friend!
The future can wait!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'll vote for any party, any candidate as long as it's not a draft dodging coward.
We know, you're desperate for anything.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So you would vote for Jeb Bush?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I don't care, I will once again cast my vote for a third party in hopes of hitting the magic number so we can get a third party on slightly more even footing.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So did you vote for Bill Clinton? George W. Bush?

link   

I bet you never been in the military... Only people who have not served actually say that...lol

link   

The plan is.... They don't have one. The fabric of the deep state is being torn to shreds.

I'd never even heard of the deep state 3 years ago but now it's all the rage. The rats are scattering on all sides.

Such interesting times. Watch what happens after the US clean shop.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The only thing the anti trump candidate has is, is anti Trump hate.

Unemployment is low, low across any identity politics line you want to draw. Cannot run that racist trump hurt the black economy, but if you vote for racist Trump, then you are a racist.

Trade deficit with china has been lowered, hard to be against that, but if you vote for racist trump, you are a racist.

Not wanting MS-13 gang members in the country, they are people and you are racist if you don't agree

More people have money in their pocket, thanks to Trump's tax plan, we will raise taxes because it's racists not too.

Only if one connects Trump with some "ism" or "ist" can you get good meaning people to vote against the stuff that is working. Yeah, it creates hate and tension, but democrats need jobs, money, power., and fame..especially fame

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I don't care, I will once again cast my vote for a third party in hopes of hitting the magic number so we can get a third party on slightly more even footing.

Nobody can argue with that.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

The plan is.... They don't have one. The fabric of the deep state is being torn to shreds.

I'd never even heard of the deep state 3 years ago but now it's all the rage. The rats are scattering on all sides.

Such interesting times. Watch what happens after the US clean shop.

This is the thought process I was having. Barack Obama was obviously groomed for his position for a long time, and given the tools needed to become what he was. His appearance didn't seem random, other than the complete randomness of his existence up to that point. The conspiracy part of me thinks he was chosen and served his part for a reason, and he did what he was told to do. If the Deep State is rattled, could this one person have upset the apple cart this much in such a short span of time?

I would think a grassy knoll would be much easier, if that really was the case, but then, that would be expected......

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

And the scary part is the Trump haters seem to have adopted the mentality that anything Trump is for, they are against.

That's a little ironic considering that Trump is often lauded for "destroying Obama's legacy."

Seeing people claiming the world would end, Nuclear War was eminent,

You mean like Trump supporters claiming that Hillary Clinton being elected would lead to nuclear war with Russia and the end of the world?

As to your question, it's a bit early yet but there are a few names that have consistently been floated:

Tusli Gabbard
Gavin Newsom
Joe Biden

I don't think Biden should run. Gavin Newsom has the look but when I've heard him in interviews/discussions it wasn't anything special. I think Gabbard is the best of that bunch. She scored a lot of points when she stepped down as Vice Chair of the DNC. She's also a Iraq War vet. It doesn't hurt that she's young and attractive. She's got the right position re Syria but meeting with Assad was pretty wtf and some of her earlier statements raised some eyebrows.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I would think a grassy knoll would be much easier, if that really was the case, but then, that would be expected......

This ☝ is exactly my hang up. I'm still unsure where this is going but at the very least, it's waking people up.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yea, we usually give Trump his marching orders, but he went rouge on that one, sorry.

I'll be looking for Tusli Gabbard,Gavin Newsom in the public eye. But Biden, the kid sniffer, um......no. Even if he is just an innocent grandpa kind of kid sniffer, there is enough creepy video out there, and he won't be treated as nicely as Obama was. (IMHO)

And while we on the right do operate like the Borg collective, and all think exactly the same, we didn't want Hillary because she was too arrogant. She would have kept things going as well as Obama did. Slowly eroding the fabric of the US, while her followers looked for new and interesting ways to kiss her ass. Oh, sorry, that sounded racist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join