It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US has had 57 times as many school shootings as other major industrialized nations combined

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Fake news right? Propaganda right? What else?

It's our population right? 320 million people?

Canada 38 million, Japan 127 million, France 66 million, Germany 81 million, The UK (England) 63 million, Italy 61 million.
A combined total of 436 million people

No no, it must be our major cities and areas with more people per capita!

The United States: 87.4 people per square mile. The United Kingdom: 650 people per square mile.

Let's get into social matters here! It's feminism! Those damn single mothers with no fathers in the picture!

United States: 23% of children raised by single mothers
The United Kingdom: 26% of children raised by single mothers.

It's those violent video games!
Countries that play more violent video games such as Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty have FEWER murders

Japan is number one in violent video game sales. The United States is third in the world.

By golly! They just don't have God and religion in their lives!

The United States has 230 million self identified Christians, the largest in the world.. 71% of the population. In contrast Germany has 59% self identified Christians, totalling 47 million.

It's depression and them pills! It's turning them kids hostile!

The United Kingdom and Australia rank the highest for diagnosed clinical depression. The United States sits well below.

The truth is damning.

How about that truth?
The United States, number 1 for gun possession and that's 89 guns for 100 residents followed by Yemen with 55 guns for 100 residents.

Tell me again how guns aren't the problem?

How many of those other countries have a second amendment?
Perhaps you would do more to sway other to your cause if you compared apples to apples.
We are not the rest of the world.
We do not want to be the rest of the world.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I would like to see the figures for the states that allow teachers to conceal carry at their school.

From what I understand those 12 states haven't had school shooting problems. If we are going to look at the statistics we should look at them all.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

What about vehicle deaths?

2016 data shows 37,461 people were killed in 34,436 motor vehicle crashes, an average of 102 per day.[1]

In 2010, there were an estimated 5,419,000 crashes, 30,296 of with fatalities, killing 32,999, and injuring 2,239,000.[2] About 2,000 children under 16 die every year in traffic collisions.[3] Records indicate that there have been a total of 3,613,732 motor vehicle fatalities in the United States from 1899 to 2013.

edit on 22-5-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

It's the parents' fault, haven't you seen the Facebook memes?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Stats can be misleading. Guns have been in America since the beginning, so why hasn't it always been a problem? You don't think things like culture have anything to do with the issue at all?

The funny part is when you really look back in history and realize that more people have been killed with swords and blunt instruments than guns in general....including war.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

How is vehicular deaths tied in to school shootings.

Which by the way were quoted as being 57 ... so far this year.

link   
We’re number 1! We’re number 1! We’re number 1!

link   
a reply to: Timely I'm not big on guns either. But what I see as the bigger issue is total submission to a government that gets more militant and abusive, more drunk on it's power everyday.

We have had guns since the start of this country. There were no school shootings that I am aware of until the Columbine thing started the ball rolling. The Santa Fe shooting proves you don't need assault rifles to get the job done...so is the issue really guns? Would these guys convert to bombs if guns weren't available?

I find it suspicious that this is primarily happening in the US. I look to mind control of some sort or psych drugs as the primary culprit, although It could be our very, very sick culture.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Boo !!! that's a lame assed comparison, the majority of car deaths are called accidents, the guns deaths intentional.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
how many were stabbed in the UK in the past year? 40K??? if it's not guns it will be knives..if not knives..stones..if not stones sticks...

What about men..maybe men..are the problem...lol

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

The actual number of school shootings this year is 8.

A far cry from the estimated 2000 kids expected to die in vehicle crashes this year.

The point being that if childrens lives are really the issue, there are plenty of things that are far more dangerous than guns in this country.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Where does USA rank in prescription drug use for these Children ?

Also lets talk about environment ,

Do all these WIFI/electronic enabled classrooms interfere with developing brains ?

How many school shootings occurred before 1980 ?

Whats changed ? .... electronic usage, prescription usage ?

Clearly there is an uptick ....Begs questions instead of knee jerk reactions assaulting constitutional rights. Somethings changed and it isn't the invention of the gun.

this isn't about a piece of machined metal and a few simple chemicals called a gun. All questions not asked ....Because it is those in control that want you to believe it is the guns fault.

More needs to be questioned.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

People are animals...pretty simple..we allow kids today to do whatever they want with little consequence or shaming...we are losing are grasp on what it means to be a responsible and compassionate human being...think I'm wrong just go on live leak and enjoy the insanity..we are in a culture where anything goes...take away guns and it will look like london and china with nife attacks, no knife they will use cars...it's all been done..personally I could care less if guns are taken...we can always go back to carrying clubs in the car..

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Timely

The actual number of school shootings this year is 8.

A far cry from the estimated 2000 kids expected to die in vehicle crashes this year.

The point being that if childrens lives are really the issue, there are plenty of things that are far more dangerous than guns in this country.

This one ALONE had 10.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

www.k12academics.com...

1700s The earliest known United States shooting to happen on school property was the Pontiac's Rebellion school massacre on July 26, 1764, where four Lenape American Indian entered the schoolhouse near present-day Greencastle, Pennsylvania, shot and killed schoolmaster Enoch Brown, and killed nine or ten children (reports vary). Only two children survived.

I wonder, did they use an "Assault musket" here?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Boo !!! that's a lame assed comparison, the majority of car deaths are called accidents, the guns deaths intentional.

And boo to you for claiming I said anything about cars.

Seriously who the hell were you responding to?
edit on 22-5-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Yeah!! imagine how much worst those nations would be with easy access to guns, and while some of the shooters are kids, a great many are adults, most likely aging babyboomers.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: Spider879

And boo to you for claiming I said anything about cars.

Seriously who the hell were you responding to?

I accept your boo, it should have been directed at Woodcarver.
Ma bad!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Eh... Ok I see.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Since Op won't stay and defend his point, I won't waste my time making mine.

That is all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join