It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Plant a Seed, is to Grow!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
My goal here is to share the knowledge, the love, and the passion I have for Organic Farming and Gardening! We all know how important it is to consume clean produce, and how bad some of our produce is to consume, so why not grow our own?

If you have the space, there's no reason for you not to have your very own fruit and vegetable garden! The process is fun, eco-friendly, and very fruitful!

Did you know that many things that we add to our landfills each year can be properly placed into a compost pile, which breaks down over time and supplies fuel for our gardens, lawn, plants and flowers? That's right! I'm talking all paper products we throw away, fruit and vegetable scraps, old herbs and spices, cooked or spoiled pasta and rices, tomatoe based sauces, and even used coffee grounds and tea leaves. Our yard waste like grass clippings, tree, bush, and shrub trimmings can be composted aswell. The list goes on and on, and if we all composted we could help reduce our waste production each year!

Here's a link if you'd like to learn more about the art of composting!

www.smallfootprintfamily.com...

There's no greater feeling than eating or sharing produce that you yourself have produced, and I highly recommend it as a new hobby for everyone to get into! You'll thank me later!

Cheers to all present day and future gardeners!
-StS

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SurveyTheSurveyors

My grandmother composted on a continuous basis in her large garden, meaning that all the vegetive matter(and eggshells) that she had to discard went right into the garden as it was generated.

I have a pile that leaves, grass clippings and vegetable peelings go onto. I turn the pile over a few times a year.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I pee on my compost heap.
Saves the water of flushing to toilet.

join