It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Cultural Appropriation?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If you're skeered by them, I hear skeeter repellent tends to work to keep out intellectualism just fine.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have no time for people who think they know everything and aren't afraid to tell you how smart they are.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Really have to be careful in today's world.

No highest honors you...I guess it should be no with...honors, just not you

Link
edit on 5/22/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I have no time for people who think they know everything and aren't afraid to tell you how smart they are.

Now there you go! Getting all fancy on me and adding time and turning this into some kind of new-fangled physical problem or something!

Who do I look like? Stephen Hawking?

Maybe the cat is in the litterbox.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Litterboxes are Scandinavian. From the term Liturbauxigav

I am going to have to turn you in. All cats should be making potty in your sock drawer unless you're a Viking.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Is there stink or no stink in the litter box. You don't know until you smell it. Smell kinda quamtumy, time to change it.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I'm gonna wear a kimono, a feather headdress and eat with chopsticks at the next party I go to. Hopefully it's on Taco Tuesday.

Pics, or it didn't happen.

May as well wedge your feet into some Dutch wooden shoes to complete that ensemble.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I find it humorous that only in America, the great melting pot, multiculturalism would be called cultural appropriation.

Its a praised thing till someone white does it then it's "Release the Krakken" time.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
I find it humorous that only in America, the great melting pot, multiculturalism would be called cultural appropriation.

Its a praised thing till someone white does it then it's "Release the Krakken" time.

Stop it now!

You cannot say, "Krakken" unless you are a Greek mythological figure in history.

Racist!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: pavil

Stop it now!

You cannot say, "Krakken" unless you are a Greek mythological figure in history.

Racist!

I'm showing my Roman Privilege. Sorry.
edit on 22-5-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

but borrowing elements from one culture for expressing yourself or enjoying life isnt bad at all!

Oh!!!.... that brings back memories......

I too had one, in black with gold and with tiny bit of orange and it was about

55 years ago!!

I think that many are quick to say cultural appropriation of hairstyles, or clothing , but we humans borrow and steal from each other all the time.
Its totally ridiculous , to cry about cultural appropriation , I mean its a bit late for that , we humans have shared and mixed our cultures so much its hard to take them apart.

It was in at much nicer time and wasn't called *cultural appropiation* then!!

It was called a *cheongsam*
I had a lot of fun wearing it.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
And nobody has an issue with the blond hair??

HUMMMM!!!

Anyway it's lunchtime and Chinese sounds good. Might wander down to watch the PGA chaos going on down the street.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Think about it... what happens to cultures that don't get "appropriated"? They eventually die. That's why this concept is completely ridiculous.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Well I'll give you example. Someone wears a Chinese dress and then proceeds to say Chin cong while making exaggerated slanty eyes. Now that's racist.

The Utah girl didn't do any of that except wear the Chinese dress for prom.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Busta Rhymes got it when he dropped his Arab Money.
. they didn't appreciate the obvious muslim influences in his music video.

He dropped a remix and quick because of the heat he got from Arab community.
. See how the atmosphere has changed? The only thing close is the beat, but since it's a Swiss Beat, the infraction is null and void and thusly explains why this is an issue that is no longer valid nor does anyone care.

Quite simply, no one cared.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Or, heaven forbid, someone does a song like

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Priceless

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I tried walking like an Egyptian once but was stopped by a wandering Jew. He told me to stop mitvahbehaving.

(grabs coat and heads for door)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Not sacrifing virgins to a heathen sun god is also considered racist because it there way of life, and have existed for thousands of year by using up all the women from the other tribe is bigotry by denying them their right to culture.

And now that tribe wants to come here to spread their way of life..sad thing is there aren't any virgins...even though alot of women wear white on their wedding day.
edit on 22-5-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Who cares? It's entertainment. Cultural appropriation has got to be one of the dumbest complaints I've ever heard. I'm a grown adult with a job making my own money... I I decided to pay to have corn rows, wear a fedora and ray bans, and drive a tuner car, that's my business. Anyone who has a complaint with it can do two things.
1. Examine my middle finger, sitting on it and spinning if they require such frivolities to understand the finger's meaning.
2. Stop culturally apprpriating me by using my money, my internet, my country, and my media formats to ensure they're not hypocritical asshats who only complain about folks of caucasian ancestry appropriating things.

And no, I have no intention of getting corn rows or driving a tuner... but as an adult, I have the right and am under zero obligation to give two squats what anyone else thinks of it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join