It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a mass u2u by a non mod??? is this ok???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj

......and then before you know it someone is sending you a link offering ufo abduction insurance.

Spiderj
Now, THIS i can use.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I've been losing a lot of cows lately. I'll have to check into this abduction insurance.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
I've been losing a lot of cows lately. I'll have to check into this abduction insurance.

You have a history of too many previous claims to be insured for cow loss Im afraid.

However, I can write a policy for implant protection for personal use?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by dbates

You have a history of too many previous claims to be insured for cow loss Im afraid.

However, I can write a policy for implant protection for personal use?

Oooo, I'll jump on that one!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I just wanna buy a large spray can of Liberal-Be-Gone...can you provide that FredT?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
thanks every one for helping me answer my question...

and thanks SO for banning the SOB...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Good Threadside Manner

You just gotta love an admin with good graphics.

Looking good!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by junglejake
ATS seems to be a community of speakers, not doers.

This may be another issue. We are talking about the improper use of the u2u messaging system on ATS. Spamming members with thread advertisements is not allowed. As Seekerof said mass-u2u's are reserved for admin only.

Agreed. Inbox and outbox space can get sort of precious when you are saving old messages. The last thing I need is to get full-up and miss messages because 50 people want me to look at their new thread.

Can the size of the send-to box be limited to prevent this? Even though I lament the fact that so many will push problems while so few will pull the sollution, I don't think we need to be plastered with U2Us constantly.

Maybe a "hot thread" alert could be instituted, so that members could access a list of threads which have recieved a high level of applause and/or Way Aboves? (without specifying which posts got the honors in that thread, since i know we dont want the "why did that get applause" debate).
I'm all for being able to view when something is breaking, but not for a million "look at me" U2Us.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Recent threads can be viewed using the today.php page, members interested in a particular area regularly check the appropriate forums for new pages. I don't see any need for new features. This person just kind of went crazy over a topic and decided to circumvent protocol with a mass u2u. It was right he was banned.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I did it once but was not aware of it being in the T&C. Must have been added after the guy complaining about u2u spam posted his thread. Anyways, i'll refrain from doing it a second time.

-J

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Same here man, I did it awhile ago though, maybe before this rule, or maybe I worded it right or something.... IDK.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm assuming I'm not the only one to get a U2U from Mr Knowledge...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I just got my first one

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
*sighs*

Mr Knowledge, weren't you specifically told not to send spam U2Us less than an hour ago?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I just got one too, from some chap plugging some websites about cancer prevention....

JAK

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yea, that's from the ironically named Mr Knowledge

Jack

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Could be trojans on the sites. I didn't click on them. I'm pretty sure I got a trojan from that guy with the 'UFO footage'

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
mr knowledge
That's the kind of stuff you need to post on a thread, or on multiple threads created by others, if the links are good of course. I didn't check them out because you went about it the wrong way. I assume you're banned by now, and that means I'm talking to myself again...

Mods
I was actually looking at the U2U sent to me by this guy, and I went to forward it to one of you, but I got a message "You're not authorized to use this feature" or something similar, and when I refreshed my inbox the message was deleted. I assume this was because you were deleting his messages at the time? Is he banned now?

Did anyone check out his links? Were they hot(infected) or not? I would have checked them out if he had posted them normally..cancer is one of my topics of interest. Hmm...shame.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

As worthy as the cause may be, this is against our clear terms & conditions... the member has been banned, and the messages removed.

As was last week,
so it is now.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
My goodness, dont people learn?

This is irritating, then when you click on it it says you arent permitted to view it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join