It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump too lazy to practice cellular security

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

open you to more risk as you are connecting your device to an unsecure site

It's the purpose of having a more secure device. So the less secure the device, the less risk?

Nothing is 100% secure and security is only as good as your weakest link. You wouldn't ever use a gov't secure device to surf the web then have top secret meetings.

Even a secure device accessing non secure websites can be exploited or infiltrated . Nothing is 100% secure.

now if he is using his personal cell to store or communicate top secret level discussion that would be foolish. That Hillary level foolish.

however using a personal cell for twitter as long as location tracking isnt an issue and its isolated from your secure stuff,I dont see the problem.

its best to have you personal and business secure stuff separated and not use secure devices over unsecure areas to avoid exposing its technology

edit on 53531America/ChicagoMon, 21 May 2018 22:53:39 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

the most clever.
his IQ is like 6,000

www.newsweek.com...

Great to have our incredible First Lady back home in the White House. Melanie is feeling and doing really well. Thank you for all of your prayers and best wishes!”

covfefe for life!!!!!

So who misspelled the Wife's name? You or the husband?

I am sure it was the keyboard’s auto correction function.
Happens all the time to everyone.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well it's a good thing no one knows and there isn't a large media organization telling everyone his phone is ripe for the picking.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: roadgravel

open you to more risk as you are connecting your device to an unsecure site

It's the purpose of having a more secure device. So the less secure the device, the less risk?

Nothing is 100% secure and security is only as good as your weakest link. You wouldn't ever use a gov't secure device to surf the web then have top secret meetings.

Even a secure device accessing non secure websites can be exploited or infiltrated . Nothing is 100% secure.

now if he is using his personal cell to store or communicate top secret level discussion that would be foolish. That Hillary level foolish.

however using a personal cell for twitter as long as location tracking isnt an issue and its isolated from your secure stuff,I dont see the problem.

its best to have you personal and business secure stuff separated and not use secure devices over unsecure areas to avoid exposing its technology

You do realize the "top secret" info on Hillary's Blackberry was OSINT. The trouble is it is "top secret" if an IC entity is tracking the information. Just search the CIA declassified document server and you will find newspaper and magazine articles.

Hillary only received email on her Blackberry. That information was 3DES to the handset. Thus there is no such thing as Hillary level foolish. You are fake news.

Now to discuss the most moronic post I have ever read on ATS. You think it is no big deal to Tweet from an insecure phone. Really? Trump Tweets and markets react. An insecure phone means someone could take control of Trump's Twitter. A Tweet could start a war.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: gariac

why would you use a secure device for the twatter?

that would be a foolish idea and open you to more risk as you are connecting your device to an unsecure site . You might as well use it as a burner cell and throw it away as it could be compromised.

You use secure devices over secure lines to other secure sites or devices not public sites.

I'm pretty certain he uses the secure devices for certain national security discussions , or cnn would be all over it 24/7.

its almost like they are baiting him to get him to use his secure device in an unsecure site to infiltrate it.

Twitter itself isn't insecure. If you follow some link on Twitter, you are on your own regarding security.

You want to Tweet from a secure phone because you really want to be sure that the phone is not pwned. That is some entity could pretend to be Trump and Tweet in his name.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
5 posts and already we have the but obama and but hillary people

hilarious

Doesn't this bother you?

President Donald Trump uses a White House cell phone that isn’t equipped with sophisticated security features designed to shield his communications, according to two senior administration officials

Do we just take this for granted these days? (senior administration officials) really? Have we come so far that everyone is trying to get onto the I hate Trump wagon? Do you think that maybe two senior officials should lose their jobs over this, or is it just another way to put legitimacy to "anomalous sources"

edit on 22-5-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I am having trouble understanding something.

The phones are issued by the White House information technology people...

Why are these phones not automatically protected by high grade security mechanisms, just because of where they came from?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Lol, your bias has clearly strangled the oxygen going to your head.

Trump tweeting from his personal phone is nothing like hillary having a unsecured server with top secret info on it. It was so moronic that the FBI called her incompetent.

No I dont think its a big deal using a personal phone to TWEET, as long as his device is only used for personal things and not govt things.

OMG somebody took over the trumps twitter. lol really, its freaking social media so what, its not an official govt site.

There is plenty to be pissed about trump this aint it.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Twitter is insecure because it run by a private group including foreign investors. They have access to the incoming connections.

This method is how they exploit TOR

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It would make sense for the president who constantly screams about security leaks would at least make sure it wasn't coming from himself.

But...Trump maga.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I wonder if he just got a brand new ZTE phone, compliments of China.

"I'm tweeting from my new great ZTE phone my good friend in China gave me. Awesome phone."

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The president has 2 I phones one is set up for calls only the other is Twitter only. 5he issue is the Twitter phone according to policy should be exchanged out every 30 days. Trump decided this isn't necessary so the program that disables the phone is deactivated. And the software that denies external contacts had to be deactivated because you have to give Twitter access to the phone. This is why he has 2 I phones.

9to5mac.com...
edit on 5/22/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I'm not sure which is funnier here, --this story, or the guy that wrote it and called it "reporting".

I think it is comment worthy though, and potentially disastrous for himself. (Making him look like a fool).

Remember when the right went berserk for three or four days because Obama wore a tan colored suit during a speech?
That reeked of desperation, but was genuinely funny!

As I recall, they said it was "unpresidential" and not "serious enough" for the occasion.

Hahahah! And then they got Trump crammed down their throats. Poetic justice!
edit on 5/22/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Haha! At least he has one. Everybody else has to drop theirs in a locked cabinet when they get to work each morning.

Don't smirk, True! It's the Trump way!

ETA: MAGA!

edit on 5/22/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

They are called Clown Team Beta . They go from website to website trying to sway people to agree with satanic communist World destroyers.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

arstechnica.com...

Another tech analysis of the security situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join