It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* Marseille shooting: Hooded men open fire with Kalashnikovs

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
NOTE TO MODS : I put this in the mud-pit because it seems like anything having to do with guns in "gun free zones" is ripe for vigorous disagreement. Please move if necessary.

So this happened today in France's second largest city in "broad daylight" and apparently there was a kidnapping as well not included in this article but is found in more recent ones.

Not ruled terrorism but somehow its curious and almost hilarious how indiscriminately that word is either used or not used. Seems to me if youre just hanging around in a cultural center of France's 2nd largest city and several vehicles full of armed masked men start shooting towards a crowd that could qualify as terrorism, but who am I to judge?

The men opened fire on a group of young people not far from the cultural space known as ‘La Busserine’, local media Corse-Matin reports. Three vehicles with the masked individuals arrived in the city’s district of Busserine at 5pm local time, France’s ACTU17 said. As police arrived on the scene they were blocked by some of the suspects in a Renault Megane, France Bleu reports.

www.express.co.uk... marseille-shooting-police-latest

So I'm wondering aloud to those who are against citizens being armed what do you propose "we" do when things like this happen perhaps with increasing regularity? I dont live in France but considering its basically a gun-free country (minus the hill people) it would appear the only option for law abiding people there is to hunker down and just hope they dont get killed.

Oh, and as of this posting nothing was showing up on google news. I guess if people arent killed its not noteworthy even if it looks like people are turning large international cities into warzones in the middle of the day.

Carry on!
edit on 21-5-2018 by tribal because: grammar etc

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Here's praying the police got to these animals before they hurt too many.

edit on 21 5 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
That doesn’t make any sense though. Guns are banned there right?

+6 more 
posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Criminals will always have guns. In fact, they will buy extras if they are hard to get.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sounds like a "smash n grab" style kidnapping.

Maybe the "group of young people" had a high price target for kidnappers. Politicians kid or member of a wealthy family perchance?

Just a guess, but if no one died that would also make sense; you don't want to perforate your asset before a ransom can be demanded.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Human trafficking related perhaps?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a few notes, from tptb-

if someone attacks you with a gun in a gun free zone, you are to either die a victim or live to fight for stricter gun control!

if several vehicles loaded with armed men approach you in a country where arms are banned, DO NOT RESIST! Simply assume they were placed there by your government, and if you get shot press be assured it was in the best interest of your tax dollars.

if, for any reason, someone attempts to influence you on concepts of individual rights, self reliance, self defense, critical thinking, or common sense- IMMEDIATELY report them to the proper authorities for re education camp assignment.

do not think,
do not act,
do not question,
and do not resist the recent changes.
simply keep paying your taxes, and we will take care of everything for you.

sincerely,
- tptb

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

love this ^^

but seriously doesnt this incident (and many others like it) prove that if a bad guy(s) want to do something they will almost certainly get away with it in any disarmed country?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Man, what's going on in France? They have a knife attack a few weeks ago and now this happened?

It's like as if crazy things are happening every week.
edit on 5/21/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

This has to be fake. Europe? C'mon...

It's all good over there. They are enlightened and progressive. Everything harmful has been outlawed and the coffee/beer is kick a**.

I did not notice who did the shooting but we all know who it was. Swedes!!! Somebody probably messed with their ski wax and they went postal.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
a reply to: lordcomac

love this ^^

but seriously doesnt this incident (and many others like it) prove that if a bad guy(s) want to do something they will almost certainly get away with it in any disarmed country?

Or armed country. I feel like I'm a member of unpopular views so I'll roll with it....

How has that helped here? Country of 350~ million, I get it, statistically well have more incedents.... But are we safer? No.

Ironically people point to radical Islam which isn't without merit, but do we have that problem here? Not so much. Domestic terrorism has been carried out by white people.

The problem is the crazy divide everyone faces.... Picking radical sides and refusing to look at facts.

People are dying there, and they're dying here. I doubt it will stop until everyone takes a good long look in the mirror and realizes we (humanity) have a shared problem.

That problem is not one radical ideology, but all of them. They were all manufactured with a common goal, one in which us common folk have no input in.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Man, what's going on in France? They have a knife attack a few weeks ago and now this happened?

It's like as if crazy things are happening every week.

Their military has been deployed on the streets of Paris for peacekeeping purposes for like 2 years because of the refugee crisis and incidents like this.

But no problem there, move along.

Strange the lack of attention this got. Then again, not so strange.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

So I'm wondering aloud to those who are against citizens being armed what do you propose "we" do when things like this happen perhaps with increasing regularity? I dont live in France but considering its basically a gun-free country (minus the hill people) it would appear the only option for law abiding people there is to hunker down and just hope they dont get killed.

Oh, and as of this posting nothing was showing up on google news. I guess if people arent killed its not noteworthy even if it looks like people are turning large international cities into warzones in the middle of the day.

Carry on!

As others have pointed out, you may not have the full story. There's a number of issues I see here:
* item: In spite of this, France has far fewer deaths from firearms than the US. The price of "banning guns" is:
-- they haven't had children dying in school shootings each month in 2018
-- and their cities are safer than most US cities.

Which of those two outcomes do you find undesirable?

France has gangs. France has 1/5th the population of the US
-- The total number of gang related deaths in France this year is approximately six people.
-- In the US in 2012 (latest stats I could find), the number of gang related deaths was over 2,300

If we had the same kind of gang homicides, the US would have around 30-40 gang related homicides per year. 2300 homicides is seven times the rate of France. So why is a gang-related homicide rate seven times that of France more desirable?

And what does a sevenfold homicide rate from gangs alone do for neighborhood safety? Do you think neighborhoods with a 7-10 times gang related homicide rate are safer? We could arm everyone in those neighborhoods. Do you think the homicide rate would go up or would go down?

Everyone in the old West was armed. One of the first things that they did when towns formed was to enforce gun laws, both social and legal (nobody really carried their gun to town and carrying it in church was unthinkable.)
-- What advantage do current gun policies (carry guns everywhere) have over the rules used by our forefathers?

More guns means more neighborhood shootouts, something that doesn't happen in most countries in the world.
-- How does a "well armed population" prevent neighborhood shootouts? I see no evidence that this happens.

Note: You're actually safer walking the streets in Egypt (and I certainly felt this) than you are walking the streets in the US: knoema.com...

edit on 22-5-2018 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
One final point: France doesn't have kids bringing their parent's guns to school to shoot classmates.

How do you think that adding more guns into the population will change things for the US so that fewer kids bring guns to school to shoot their classmates?

new topics

join