It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to mars we are

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
in two years we are going to mars. i read it in a recent article by nasa

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Or links? Just curious.....thanks. A mission to Mars has been in the works for some time, but suffers constant setbacks...

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Never trust Nasa, check if NASA has a camcorder and look for a place on earth with a lot of Red Dirt. Thats where you'll find your Mars landing sight.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
yes we are goin to mars. it a fact. just look at all nasa is able to do. i am sure that they have more than enough money. they just scent that rover to mars. now think if they were to send humans how much easier it would be. except for the shuttle disaster all is going well for nasa. we are going to mars in 2007

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
you know?
post a link.
If you're siting an article, and you're giveing 2 lines on it, post the article so we may be able to talk inteligently about it.

thanks.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
nasa officials said today that nasa is now ready financially and technology wise to go to mars. one nasa spokesperson said that nasa should be headed up there by 2007.-new york times

but a question i have is how close are the other space places going up to mars before nasa does.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
research and development take a long time. nasa won't get there till at least 2015 imo

other space agencies seem quite content to make a profit.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that within 5 years of the mars landing, the public will be exposed to extra-terrestrials or extra-terrestrial civilization(s), whether thriving or long gone. This would seem logical and the natural progression for our exposure to an alien race. If in fact our government is aware of such creatures, this Mars mission could be the platform for the disclosure we've all been waiting for.

who

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I hope you are right goregrinder, this would be a great stepping stone for exposing the world to the existance of alien life forms. I know its a long way off but i am already excited to see what happens.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Well it's your opinion, gore, but it's really base on nothing but your own imagination.

I agree with fury that is will take quite a few year to develop a rocket that can actually take a few people to mars and get them back.
Nasa just started research on nuclear propulsion. So by the time they finish development of the engine system and finish a platform that can endure the long mission, it will be around 2015 (at least)...

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I know it's my opinion, thanks for stating the super-obvious.

I think it's also ignorant to think that NASA is just now experimenting with nuclear propulsion. I would imagine that if NASA says they can get someone to Mars by 2007, they probably could have done it in 1997. That could just be my imagination acting up again Zion, and I would never mean to get imaginitive in your holy presence, but sometimes, especially when dealing with space and what our governement knows, it's sometimes valid to think outside the norm.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hey, if we can get a machine to probe the planet, then we can get a guy up there to do the same. Probe the planet, not just probe.

But still, if the government/NWO/whatever don't want us to know about aliens, we won't. Have an idea maybe, but truely know? No. What would be the point of being the NWO if you couldn't control what people know?

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think we'll be able to get to mars but I don't think we are going to get there by 2007. If we can go to the moon I don't see how hard it would be to get to mars except for the, what is it, 6 months time it takes to get there.

join