It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Woman Accuses White Cop of Racism, But Body Cam Footage Shows Differently

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I will always advocate for cops to actively wear body-cams not just for the protection of citizens but also for the protection of themselves.

After reviewing body cam footage of the traffic stop, Roberts said the stop was completely by the book, and his deputy did nothing wrong.

"I don't know what she has been through and I don't know her life history, what I worry about is this kind of thing will inflame situations where you see cops in other states have been executed while they were just eating lunch," said Roberts.

With those concerns in mind, Roberts released the full body cam video to CBS 6.

wtvr.com...

I've had trouble trying to find the actual video footage on youtube, hopefully this will still be up for you all to see:

This woman is despicable. Did she have any clue of what sort of impact her false claims would have on the community and on this police officer and his family? There are plenty of good cops out there following the book and carrying out their duties in a lawful manner and actions like this from this women only work to create a further divide between the police and minority groups. What I find absolutely astounding was the video footage this woman shot of herself, all emotional and teared up knowing, full well, it was all a lie. She wanted her 15 minutes of fame, she wanted to ride on the many other viral reports of racism and she got caught. I sincerely hope more police departments start actively wearing police body cameras..... as I understand not all departments supply them?

Can she be charged for lying like this??
edit on 21-5-2018 by Southern Guardian because: Spelling

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

absolutely reprehensible. Shame? She has none, what a destructive behavior...as if things arent strained enough as it is...

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I dont know if she could be charged for lying about the police. There may be something there. But I doubt they will pursue it. Showing her for the list she is should suffice.

Anecdote:

I was in my local dispensary picking up some stress/pain relieving provisions when I overheard a woman telling her friend to lie about being a veteran to get the discount.

Her reasoning was "everybody lies so why not get mine".

People lie for the benefits they perceive will be showered upon them regardless of how that lie may present itself in 2nd and 3rd order of effects.

I did not confront her and her boyfriend at first because I knew that my dispensary had a veteran verification process.

When they failed the verification process she started to raise hell. That's when I confronted her with her lie and she was permanently banned from the establishment.

Fact is, lies get found out. That usually comes with a price all on its own.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I recently learned about the "Stolen Valor" thing. (It's a US thing, I believe) I had no idea that being a veteran meant receiving benefits, discounts and suchlike in everyday life. Then I watched some youtube clips with people Stealing Valour. Scum of the earth, fake ass wannabe free-loaders that deserve little more than a short, sharp shock. I ain't military but liars should be outed, preferably by a real veteran with the right amount of attitude and respect.

One question they always asked in the clips was "What is/was your MO?" I have no idea what MO means but neither did the fake-ass wannabe vets either. Some people make it too easy. Fake uniforms too. Bah!

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well at least she didn't accuse him of rape, like Shaun King has accused a Texas DPS Trooper of it resulting in not only that trooper but another trooper with the same last name having their entire families doxxed and getting death threats.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I hope there's something she can be charged with.

Much like not all cops represent the rotten ones, she in no way represents all blacks

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
MO = Military Occupation

formerly

MOS = Military Occupational Specialty

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SIEGE

When did that happen? The change, I mean.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

What she and a lot of people don't understand is that a traffic citation IS an arrest of sorts. By signing the ticket you are agreeing to appear in court (you have to be convicted of a violation). Because you are willing to sign stating that you will appear in court, they are willing to release you on your own recognizance.

If you refuse to sign, they cannot release you on your own recognizance and must take you directly to court.

Jaden

She also kept saying pull you out of the car, I believe he said take you out of the car, not pull you out of the car. I am usually the first to jump on police for not respecting our rights as citizens, but this was a good stop.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The best thing that could help the black community (and some white folks too) is learning how to STFU when getting pulled over in a traffic stop...

I've been pulled over several times. I always have my license, registration, and insurance ready. I say, Yes Sir, No Sir. Even if I think it is a bullsh*t stop, I just smile, say have a nice day and take my ticket.

It isn't worth fighting over and arguing with a cop on the side of the road is not an argument you will win. If I really think it was BS, I fight it in court.

Here is an NAACP South Carolina "leader" falsely claiming racism for his traffic stop last week:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This was just posted the other day. I haven't seen the NAACP one yet though.
They didn't even write that guy a ticket.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: addedd2

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm getting sick of this entitled attitude, a bunch of really lame people have decided to run with the media narrative act like the world owes them everything I have to deal with it day in and day out

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Phew... could barely watch the video.

I guess the new craze is being the victim, how fun!

Zero accountability, full blown instant victim, to achieve what exactly?

These type of people are the most disrespectful type on the planet.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
Phew... could barely watch the video.

I guess the new craze is being the victim, how fun!

Zero accountability, full blown instant victim, to achieve what exactly?

These type of people are the most disrespectful type on the planet.

New craze?

Nay sir.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

MO in that context refers to

mo·dus op·e·ran·di
ˌmōdəs ˌäpəˈrandē,ˌmōdəs ˌäpəˈrandī/Submit
noun
a particular way or method of doing something, especially one that is characteristic or well-established.
"the volunteers were instructed to buy specific systems using our usual modus operandi—anonymously and with cash"
synonyms: method (of working), way, MO, manner, technique, style, procedure, approach, methodology, strategy, plan, formula; formalpraxis
"his modus operandi: study the market, follow the trends and patterns, then make an informed decision"
the way something operates or works.

link

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Has the Pastor cried "Chris†ian Persecution" yet? I only ask because I don't have the intraweb...

You did nail it about keeping Your mouth closed. I told folks that I came across to keep their mouth shut and that was BEFORE I read them their Miranda Warning. You'd be truly surprised how many people talk/YELL/slur their own way to Jail, and now that many are 'PRIVATE' more folks will become conversant, especially when the Police/Sheriff Dep't. keep receiving Federal $$$ to 'fight crime'

If the cops started answering their radios and not do a bunch of 'fishing expeditions' it seems every car stop turns out to be a veh. search.

Look, I was working when it was 'The Crack War' that was when Black (no kidding) and non-affluent folks were 'rounded up' and stocked away. Those using 'Crack' thus making 3x what the 'Whiff' user was using went to PRISON. Those in the suburbs using powder got either Jail or Probation. The ones My time arrested are just now getting out after doing their 25 year bits..

The new crop is the 'opiate user' but the game this time is to take ALL/most of their funds and then get rid of the body or cut off the NarCan™. Court costs. Probation Costs. Re-Hab Costs. (come one 'rehab is for quitters') More Court Costs. Double-Secret Probation Costs. More Re-Hab Costs.
Think I'm kidding?? Look where the Federal $$$ went that was earmarked for 'Opiate Rehabs'

It is AMAZING.. If You step back and not take any view other than the info provided, You can SEE a whole bunch of abhorrent behavior going down and FEEL when there is too many folks near You who are out of balance.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
As I posted a few times through experience, my boss lied and said I threatened him but I was exonerated in a hearing; ALL people should have a fair hearing in any accusation towards them.

Here the cop was perfectly civil and reasonable with this sinister woman.

Maybe she should go into acting

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I agree on body cams. Good for the citizen, good for the officer.

Here we get a prime example of the neat people a LEO may run into on an average day. Now if the LEO had been doing something wrong, no matter. A court, if need be, gets to see it happen and render a decision.

She is a real peach.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join