It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you had proof of a god , would you actually worship it ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Lol fair one

But I will take you up on the faith thing though, I don't believe in any gods and my position requires zero faith.
Now, if I believed there are no gods, that would require faith, but I don't.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: Ruiner1978
Maybe you're open for a chance of a slight shift of perspective?
Eh? What do you mean? How could I possibly change my perspective that if there was an all powerful god then it is a barbaric monster who munches on popcorn while watching children starve to death?
How anyone can worship such a beast is beyond me.

Very interesting response.

Thanks.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
The thing is that it does not matter, even with evidence, there will be people still denying it.

That's a fair point. But with the regards to a God or Gods or something like that, *is* there any real evidence beyond the subjective?

Yes, complete idiots deny the Earth is round, even though we have verifiable, objective video evidence to the contrary. But again -- idiots.

Do we have anything even remotely close to the Earth being round that a God exists? So far, i have not seen any. And no, I'm not say God cannot exist and could never exist. I'm saying I don't believe the claims there is one as there is no evidence. If I see evidence, hey sure -- there we go. God exists.

However.. as far as I can tell, the possibility and odds are extremely low

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

We share a similar position.
Say I was down the beach and some dude was walking on the waves then turned ice-creams into wine or high strength cocktails then I'd be open to believe.
I would want witnesses though so I didn't think I was having a psychotic episode or something.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

1. I'm convinced because I have had the experience to see the "other side".

Careful Abednego, Woodcarver doesn't seem to understand the concept of other people's experiences.
I give far much more credit to those who can demonstrate their claims than to those who merely assert their claims. If you can’t see the logic in that, then your opinion is worth even less than i had originally given you.

Aren’t you the guy who lied about who you were for an entire thread?

Which gives my point in another thread, that christians are able and willing to lie about anything that might put them in a better light. Or to hide some bad thing that would out them as the bad guys.

Can you demonstrate that God does not exist?
The answer is no. The same goes for the existence of a God.
Some faith is needed in order to believe not only in a God but for everything else. Everything you do requires a certain amount of faith. You do something expecting a result, that is faith.

During all my time walking in the desert, I learned not to judge but to hear and accept the possibility that anything can be true.
It is impossible to demonstrate that something does not exist. Are you new at this topic of conversation?

Also, it’s not about possibility, it is about probability. Anything is possible, and therefore making that direction of inquiry pretty much pointless. but how probable is it that gods exist? If you take into account the amount of evidence that supports the idea that gods exist, that percentage of probability looks like 0%. If i’m being kind, i can say >1%. And for any betting man, that is clearly a winning bet that gods do not exist, or that they hold the same probabilities of pixies, dragons,
edit on 22-5-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

The thing is that it does not matter, even with evidence, there will be people still denying it.

That's a fair point. But with the regards to a God or Gods or something like that, *is* there any real evidence beyond the subjective?

Yes, complete idiots deny the Earth is round, even though we have verifiable, objective video evidence to the contrary. But again -- idiots.

Do we have anything even remotely close to the Earth being round that a God exists? So far, i have not seen any. And no, I'm not say God cannot exist and could never exist. I'm saying I don't believe the claims there is one as there is no evidence. If I see evidence, hey sure -- there we go. God exists.

However.. as far as I can tell, the possibility and odds are extremely low

Seek and you shall find. That is all I can say.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hmmm...I've seen something very akin to superstitions to an invisible man in the sky.

However, it definitely wasn't a man, and it looked like a stupid fox at that instant.

I tried bloodletting, buidling golden idols to show it likeness, erected monuments, out of the body's of the slaves to be used as mortar for the bricks, sacrifing goats, waged wars etc... and still nothing. Eventually sat down, and then there it is again? And I ask " what the hell do you want".

Still not a word.
edit on 22-5-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2018 by Specimen be
extra DIV

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

No, actually. You could say a lot more.

You could explain the process you went through to prove God to yourself. You could have explained the emotions, the feelings, how the land looked, the air smelled, what you were doing, where you were.

You could have explained it. But you didn't. You deflected. Like all the ATS people who have 'vibrated to a new spiritual dimension' or have insight into special knowledge the rest of us don't have.

Typical.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Careful Abednego, Woodcarver doesn't seem to understand the concept of other people's experiences.
I give far much more credit to those who can demonstrate their claims than to those who merely assert their claims. If you can’t see the logic in that, then your opinion is worth even less than i had originally given you.

Aren’t you the guy who lied about who you were for an entire thread?

Which gives my point in another thread, that christians are able and willing to lie about anything that might put them in a better light. Or to hide some bad thing that would out them as the bad guys.

Can you demonstrate that God does not exist?
The answer is no. The same goes for the existence of a God.
Some faith is needed in order to believe not only in a God but for everything else. Everything you do requires a certain amount of faith. You do something expecting a result, that is faith.

During all my time walking in the desert, I learned not to judge but to hear and accept the possibility that anything can be true.
It is impossible to demonstrate that something does not exist. Are you new at this topic of conversation?

Also, it’s not about possibility, it is about probability. Anything is possible, and therefore making that direction of inquiry pretty much pointless. but how probable is it that gods exist?

I really understand you, is a though question. I think it is called dialetheism - a statement that can be true and false at the same time. I maybe wrong.
edit on 22-5-2018 by Abednego because: typo

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You could explain the process you went through to prove God to yourself. You could have explained the emotions, the feelings, how the land looked, the air smelled, what you were doing, where you were.

You could have explained it. But you didn't. You deflected. Like all the ATS people who have 'vibrated to a new spiritual dimension' or have insight into special knowledge the rest of us don't have.

Typical.

Probably due to the fear of ridicule? No?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Typical.

That is because the experience is unique for each individual. Even if I try to explain, I will not be understood.
Believe me when I say seek and you shall find. Your teacher will appear and will guide you, that guy won't walk with you the path, that belongs to you only.

So if you decide to walk that way, just be aware that some guys will tell you - "I'm a teacher of the mysteries, I'll show you." that's a liar.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Typical.

That is because the experience is unique for each individual. Even if I try to explain, I will not be understood.
Believe me when I say seek and you shall find. Your teacher will appear and will guide you, that guy won't walk with you the path, that belongs to you only.

So if you decide to walk that way, just be aware that some guys will tell you - "I'm a teacher of the mysteries, I'll show you." that's a liar.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Typical.

But you are telling us to seek and we will find. But you offer nothing of substance. It’s like saying if you just start believing, then you will believe. Which will literally work for believing anything.

If you just start believing in islam, you’ll be a muslim in no time. See how that works?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I was a 'seeker' for many years, but when nobody answers the phone you just gotta click 'end call' at some point.
Seek and ye shall find is just Christian bull# in my opinion.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Why do atheist have the worst concept and dumbed down arguments about God and Faith and the Bible.......Like morality goes through their head and the screaming back and fourth with believers and atheist goes into a constant revolving door of I’m right no I’m right.....This makes the case that someone has to be telling the truth....I will pick God instead of no God..Therefore you only make the case stronger of Faith by constantly bickering over it.
A guy named Ray Comfort who approaches strangers proves we are all guilty of this.....Only way to solve it is repenting to Christ and forgiving each other.....Geeee that is what Jesus said to do.
edit on 22-5-2018 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2018 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

2. Not to describe it, but to make one.

I know a guy who has the experience that he is John F Kennedy. You and him have the same amount of evidence to support these claims. How much validity would you give to his claim?

He is lying. I knew Kennedy before getting shot. I'm still roaming the Earth.
Would it also be fair to just call you a liar?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
No. I'm not telling you to believe, I'm telling you that if you want to know if God exist, look for it. You do not have to believe to search or look for Him.

That's the way it works, that's the way the ancients have teached the students. Only to those eager to learn. The old way (oral tradition), from mouth to ear.
They won't be texting you.

Seek to learn not to debate or disprove. Otherwise you will learn nothing.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Damn bro, I literally had a similar concept for a thread two nights ago. I was going to title it "If what you believed in were confirmed to you as truth ..."
And then expand on that by asking "do you believe you would change the way you live, or would you live the same"

Did you hack into my phone?? I typed this as a message to my cousin at 330 am two days ago.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

2. Not to describe it, but to make one.

I know a guy who has the experience that he is John F Kennedy. You and him have the same amount of evidence to support these claims. How much validity would you give to his claim?

He is lying. I knew Kennedy before getting shot. I'm still roaming the Earth.
Would it also be fair to just call you a liar?

I've been called so many names, that one more will not surprise me.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Why do atheist have the worst concept and dumbed down arguments about God and Faith and the Bible.......Like morality goes through their head and the screaming back and fourth with believers and atheist goes into a constant revolving door of I’m right no I’m right.....This makes the case that someone has to be telling the truth....I will pick God instead of no God..Therefore you only make the case stronger of Faith by constantly bickering over it.
A guy named Ray Comfort who approaches strangers proves we are all guilty of this.....Only way to solve it is repenting to Christ and forgiving each other.....Geeee that is what Jesus said to do.
Uuhhhmmm... atheists are not the ones with concepts about god. We are the ones who don’t believe the many, many, many, dumbed down versions that theists are constantly presenting as fact. Why would you pick a concept that has absolutely no evidence to back it up? Faith is not a reason to accept gods, but rather an excuse to accept something that has close to a 0% probability of being true. You’re whole post here is the worst bit of logic that has been put forth in this thread so far.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join