It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you had proof of a god , would you actually worship it ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

a reply to: ignorant_ape

If i were presented with compelling evidence that a god existed, i would/could become a believer, but, whether i would worship it or not, would depend upon it’s character. So far, none of the hypothesized gods i have heard of, deserve any respect, much less worship.

Lol, oh come on Woodcarver!
I suspect that if you were faced with an Ultimate Power and the realisation that you weren't at the top of the food chain, you'd be the quickest to expel the contents of your bladder and bowels and drop to your knees...
Well, seeing as how the christian god enjoys human sacrifice, it would not surprise me one bit if it also enjoyed eating people. Top of the food chain indeed.

My recently expelled excrement would probably turn him on as well.

Two gods, one cup?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

The real God does not need to be worshipped. God is almighty and powerful, He does not us to be singing and dancing all day long.
He does not need us, we need Him.

The so call YHVH , the "I am what I am", that is pure ego involved in that name (or phrase), this guy needs reassurance. The real God does not need reassurance.
can you demonstrate any of that to be true?

Yes. It is quite simple.
If God created this universe and worlds all over, and He is all powerful, almighty, He really do not need us. He do not need us to be sacrificing animals to Him.

Now there is what we call the egregor, that is a being created for us humans when we focus our minds in one thing in particular. That energy "thing" once created, stay there it won't go, but need to be feeded. And sometimes it gets a mind of it own, and that is when start to ask for things to be done for him. It can be eliminated but it required a different method than just focus your mind.
I asked if you could demonstrate any of that to be true. And you say If God is real and If he created things. But nobody knows if god is real. You are just asserting things.

I’m asking you if you can demonstrate any of this to be true. I have never heard of a egregor. Can you show me one?

I now how that if sounds, and it may give the wrong impresion. But think about it, God is God He does not need nobody to be singing and all that. That is taking into account that you are a believer, if your not, then it does not matter how much I try to explain.

Egregor or egregore - is an occult concept representing a "thoughtform" or "collective group mind", an autonomous psychic entity made up of, and influencing, the thoughts of a group of people.
In reality, that If is way to big for you to account for with mere words. Get back to me when you have more than that.

Either you can demonstrate that your claims are valid, or you have no reason to assert them in the first place.

Like I said, it doesn't matter how much I try to explain, it will be futile. You are skeptical, I do not condemned you for that. For some people more than just words are required to make them believe. Some kind of faith is expected.

For the egregore part I will gladly show you, but for that we need to be face to face.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

The real God does not need to be worshipped. God is almighty and powerful, He does not us to be singing and dancing all day long.
He does not need us, we need Him.

The so call YHVH , the "I am what I am", that is pure ego involved in that name (or phrase), this guy needs reassurance. The real God does not need reassurance.
can you demonstrate any of that to be true?

Yes. It is quite simple.
If God created this universe and worlds all over, and He is all powerful, almighty, He really do not need us. He do not need us to be sacrificing animals to Him.

Now there is what we call the egregor, that is a being created for us humans when we focus our minds in one thing in particular. That energy "thing" once created, stay there it won't go, but need to be feeded. And sometimes it gets a mind of it own, and that is when start to ask for things to be done for him. It can be eliminated but it required a different method than just focus your mind.
I asked if you could demonstrate any of that to be true. And you say If God is real and If he created things. But nobody knows if god is real. You are just asserting things.

I’m asking you if you can demonstrate any of this to be true. I have never heard of a egregor. Can you show me one?

I now how that if sounds, and it may give the wrong impresion. But think about it, God is God He does not need nobody to be singing and all that. That is taking into account that you are a believer, if your not, then it does not matter how much I try to explain.

Egregor or egregore - is an occult concept representing a "thoughtform" or "collective group mind", an autonomous psychic entity made up of, and influencing, the thoughts of a group of people.
In reality, that If is way to big for you to account for with mere words. Get back to me when you have more than that.

Either you can demonstrate that your claims are valid, or you have no reason to assert them in the first place.

Like I said, it doesn't matter how much I try to explain, it will be futile. You are skeptical, I do not condemned you for that. For some people more than just words are required to make them believe. Some kind of faith is expected.

For the egregore part I will gladly show you, but for that we need to be face to face.
It would be futile unless you can bring something more than words. Funny how that is the case with everything. But somehow, you were convinced with absolutely no evidence at all.

Why would we need to be face to face for you to describe an egregore?

The first author to adapt "egregore" in a modern language seems to be the French poet Victor Hugo, in La Légende des siècles ("The Legend of the Ages"), First Series, 1859, where he uses the word "égrégore" first as an adjective, then as a noun, while leaving the meaning obscure.[1] The author seems to have needed a word rhyming with words ending in the sound "or". It would not be the only example of word creation by Victor Hugo. However, the word is the normal form that the Greek word ἑγρήγορος (Watcher) would take in French. This was the term used in the Book of Enoch for great angel-like spirits.

You could have just said it was a literary device used by Victor Hugo to describe the watchers. A concept taken from sumerian lore and later used in the book of Enoch.
edit on 22-5-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

If we would need to meet face to face in order for you to explain this, I’m guessing you have one Tucked away in a little cage somewhere?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: GBP/JPY

"You are NOT Your body..." Jesus The Chris†
"You are the Church™..." Jesus The Chris†..
one in the hand is worth two in the bush...

The early bird gets the worm...

Those grapes were probably sour anyways...

Platitudes are just that. No matter which book you pick them out of.

I concur. That member and I have a 'Herstory' (History) When they aren't claiming to be Jesus The Chris† in-carnate they use adages from said 'Rule Book' ergo, My usage... Akin to "When in Rome do what the tourists do...."

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I wouldn't worship any 'all powerful' evil bastard god who eats popcorn watching children die of starvation.
I'd call it a # to its face and take the punishment. Brutal, inhumane monster.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Why would one feel a need to 'Worship' the god... there was no command or instruction to do any worship or rituals to It...

If i did have a desire to communicate with that god (defined as creator &/or having power over nature & human fortunes)
see Bing here:

NOUN
(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being
(in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity ...

I might meditate or go into a trance state, perhaps by chanting...to try & connect with that Creator/reluctant god-being by a telepathic medium....But I would only try 3 times then cease because I do not want myself or others to think I am becoming a willing captive slave/servant of the supernatural entity....(a god with no known desire for being worshiped)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I would say if there is a "God" a one and only all powerful all knowing "God" well it would be a extremely boring Job . So there must be multiple "God's" if any, And if they require worship they are weak "God's" not worthy of following . A true "God" would earn respect and admiration .

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

I wouldn't worship any 'all powerful' evil bastard god who eats popcorn watching children die of starvation.
I'd call it a # to its face and take the punishment. Brutal, inhumane monster.

I understand your issue. Someone else mentioned this earlier too. It got me thinking...

Maybe you're open for a chance of a slight shift of perspective?
edit on 22 5 1818 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
1. I'm convinced because I have had the experience to see the "other side".

2. Not to describe it, but to make one.
edit on 22-5-2018 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Careful Abednego, Woodcarver doesn't seem to understand the concept of other people's experiences.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

It’s I am that I am. Not I am what I am as you phrased it, subtle but important difference.

As to the op I would not worship it, nor feel the need to ask it for anything which seems to be the heart of the matter of what worshiping is all about

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I know a guy who has the experience that he is John F Kennedy. You and him have the same amount of evidence to support these claims. How much validity would you give to his claim?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Careful Abednego, Woodcarver doesn't seem to understand the concept of other people's experiences.
I give far much more credit to those who can demonstrate their claims than to those who merely assert their claims. If you can’t see the logic in that, then your opinion is worth even less than i had originally given you.

Aren’t you the guy who lied about who you were for an entire thread?

Which gives my point in another thread, that christians are able and willing to lie about anything that might put them in a better light. Or to hide some bad thing that would out them as the bad guys.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Maybe you're open for a chance of a slight shift of perspective?
Eh? What do you mean? How could I possibly change my perspective that if there was an all powerful god then it is a barbaric monster who munches on popcorn while watching children starve to death?
How anyone can worship such a beast is beyond me.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I give far much more credit to those who can demonstrate their claims than to those who merely assert their claims. If you can’t see the logic in that, then your opinion is worth even less than i had originally given you.

Which gives my point in another thread, that christians are able and willing to lie about anything that might put them in a better light. Or to hide some bad thing that would out them as the bad guys.

Can you demonstrate that God does not exist?
The answer is no. The same goes for the existence of a God.
Some faith is needed in order to believe not only in a God but for everything else. Everything you do requires a certain amount of faith. You do something expecting a result, that is faith.

During all my time walking in the desert, I learned not to judge but to hear and accept the possibility that anything can be true.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the clarificarion.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I know a guy who has the experience that he is John F Kennedy. You and him have the same amount of evidence to support these claims. How much validity would you give to his claim?

He is lying. I knew Kennedy before getting shot. I'm still roaming the Earth.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Some faith is needed in order to believe not only in a God but for everything else.

Nobody is making the claim here that there are no gods, just that with zero verifiable evidence to support the claims they don't believe in them.
It takes zero faith to not believe in gods. You are doing the classic theist thing trying to attribute faith to lack of belief in gods.
It is silly.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Some faith is needed in order to believe not only in a God but for everything else.

Nobody is making the claim here that there are no gods, just that with zero verifiable evidence to support the claims they don't believe in them.
It takes zero faith to not believe in gods. You are doing the classic theist thing trying to attribute faith to lack of belief in gods.
It is silly.

You are right. I'm doing the classic theist thing. But it just with him. And he seems to be enjoying it. It takes faith for everything, even for not believing.

The thing is that it does not matter, even with evidence, there will be people still denying it.
Example: Flat earth theory even with the evidence of astronaut showing the planet is round, they still claim those to be fake.

There will always be an excuse.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I give far much more crefit to those who can demonstrate their claims than to those who merely assert their claims. If you can’t see the logic in that, then your opinion is worth even less than i had originally given you.

Lol
But you don't understand.
You can't seem to separate the concepts of someone having their own thoughts and beliefs shaped by their own personal experiences, and how that affects or doesn't affect your own belief system.
At least, I see zero evidence of it.

Your answer to the other guy above for instance.
Some guy believes he's JFK? You don't?
So what?

And no I didn't lie.
You mistook me for the frontman of the brilliant Norwegian band Årabrot. Loooooool
I also made an overtly obvious JOKE about running my local Parish. Again, Loooooool

Now, how on God's good green flat earth did you come to any conclusions about Christians from my conduct and behaviour???
Lol I mean, how exactly have you related that??

You do know there's more than two teams, yeah?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join