It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you had proof of a god , would you actually worship it ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If one had proof of God they would likely willingly worship he or she.

I remember being a young guy working the graveyard shift at a university and seeing a sunrise, I had little thought of God in my life at the time but that dawn morning I was in awe of the being who made that beautiful and stunning sunrise. I actually said to God, You’re an ( awesome) being to make such beauty

Somehow that subtly changed me.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

In my life, I feel I have witnessed enough to be convinced of the existence of g(G)od(s).

Can't say I have ever felt the inclination to worship though. But, as far as I know, I'm not a member of any cult, so perhaps I'm not the intended audience for this exercise.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I like this question, it's something new.

If i had proof. Undeniable proof that there is a god would i worship it?

Well...i think it would come down to a Q&A period. If it os almighty, one powerful enough to do anything i would have ro know WHY he allows so much pain. If the answer doesn't seem...appeopeiate.... no i don't think i would... and if that was the case it would forgive me for not.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
you show me god and ill show u the true enemy of man

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I mean i'd have no choice, would I? Can't deny that it is the creator of all things, no matter what that creator is.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I assume you're talking about 'a god' in the traditional sense, not some play-on-words..?

If I discovered or were shown that 'a god' was real and existed, it would probably make my life not worth living. All the magic in the universe would be immediately sucked away, leaving a stock answer to reality of ' God did it'.

Knowing that everything was preordained, that once I'm dead I have to go and live with it for eternity, worshipping it. Ugh. No thanks.

Plus, that god is a real ass*ole for allowing bone cancer in children.

Pass.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It would depend on what type of god it is and what it has done.

If it is a psychopath then of course not. No matter how powerful it is if it had ever instructed its followers to slaughter others or played mind games with others just for giggles I would only be disgusted with it.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Yeah na.

I wouldn't want it to be aware of my existance at all. If we discovered a being like that we'd have to make laws against trying to contact it or get it's attention in any way.

One member described it as being "insanely dangerous" and that's an apt description.

If you ever discover a "god", don't let it know.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

If i were presented with compelling evidence that a god existed, i would/could become a believer, but, whether i would worship it or not, would depend upon it’s character. So far, none of the hypothesized gods i have heard of, deserve any respect, much less worship.

Lol, oh come on Woodcarver!
I suspect that if you were faced with an Ultimate Power and the realisation that you weren't at the top of the food chain, you'd be the quickest to expel the contents of your bladder and bowels and drop to your knees...

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

A tyrannosaurus rex can elicit the same response in most people.

I am not sure that would be called worship. Fear...yup.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
No way would I. At the end of the day, just a more intelligent being, just like us compared to other living things on earth. You do not see them worshiping us.

If the God from our religons turns out to be real, I would be absolutly gutted!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

A tyrannosaurus rex can elicit the same response in most people.

I am not sure that would be called worship. Fear...yup.

And you'd be the 2nd quickest lol

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I'd invite him or her to Vegas imagine how much fun that weekend would be. And confessions would be super easy. Since they were there for it.
edit on 5/22/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

To paraphrase Groucho Marx, I wouldn't want to worship a god who would have me as a worshiper.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

originally posted by: Woodcarver

If i were presented with compelling evidence that a god existed, i would/could become a believer, but, whether i would worship it or not, would depend upon it’s character. So far, none of the hypothesized gods i have heard of, deserve any respect, much less worship.

Lol, oh come on Woodcarver!
I suspect that if you were faced with an Ultimate Power and the realisation that you weren't at the top of the food chain, you'd be the quickest to expel the contents of your bladder and bowels and drop to your knees...
Well, seeing as how the christian god enjoys human sacrifice, it would not surprise me one bit if it also enjoyed eating people. Top of the food chain indeed.

My recently expelled excrement would probably turn him on as well.
edit on 22-5-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Gods are quite egotistical , always needing someone to worship them!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Depends on the god.

Demeter was the Goddess of agriculture and was said to be pretty good to all. No fear there.

Guanyin bodhisattva associated with compassion.Wenchang Wang god of culture and literature. Zao Jun the kitchen god probably great at parties. I wouldn't mind meeting any of them.

There are several gods that would probably be great to meet and wouldn't be all pissed that you didn't worship them.

On the other hand, there is the Abrahamic god that is more like a demon. Vengeful, wrathful, petty, and insane. Yeah, I would be afraid, right up there with Yanluowang the god of death and Dizang the ruler of the ten hells.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
If the God from our religons turns out to be real, I would be absolutly gutted!

Heh...

"Well, I'm gutted."
Said the man being disemboweled by devils in the basements of hell...
edit on 22 5 1818 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Depends on the god.

Demeter was the Goddess of agriculture and was said to be pretty good to all. No fear there.

Guanyin bodhisattva associated with compassion.Wenchang Wang god of culture and literature. Zao Jun the kitchen god probably great at parties. I wouldn't mind meeting any of them.

There are several gods that would probably be great to meet and wouldn't be all pissed that you didn't worship them.

On the other hand, there is the Abrahamic god that is more like a demon. Vengeful, wrathful, petty, and insane. Yeah, I would be afraid, right up there with Yanluowang the god of death and Dizang the ruler of the ten hells.

The Dedra Nocturnal from The Elder Scrolls is worth a worship...

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

No Lie , I had a vision of Kali Ma, she came to me and was multi faceted , had multiple changes within an instant, amazingly beautiful , then vividly horrifying , then shapeless and formless , then with form and without

moving in and out of reality , was really trippy!

I'd say I do worship Kali a little bit, I just bring her fresh cut flowers every other day !

since I know she is watching me

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join