It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you had proof of a god , would you actually worship it ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yes. In fact, that's why I'm a Muslim in the first place.

Now bring on your "pre-written" response.

Oh & Ramadan Mubarak to everyone in this thread. Fasting today's been a bit more annoying than usual, so I apologize in advance if I get a bit... "testy".

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

thanks ES......good Ramadan to you, my brother

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

God doesnt need or "want" our "worship".

edit on 5 21 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

She wouldn't want You, (part of Her) to be wasting any 'time' while You are in a "skin suit". There is enough time for that when it is that You meld back to Her.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Ummm..how do you define worship...?

Definition of worship
worshipped also worshiped; worshipping also worshiping
transitive verb
1 : to honor or reverence as a divine being or supernatural power
2 : to regard with great or extravagant respect, honor, or devotion

a celebrity worshipped by her fans

intransitive verb
: to perform or take part in worship or an act of worship
— worshipper or less commonly worshiper noun

Courtesy:...merriam-webster.com

The essence of this definition is...love...essentially you are asking if one would love a God...

There is a common but misrepresented theme that surrounds humanistic imaginings of God hood...that misrepresentation is to anthropomorphize such an being...

In the Old Testament...the God represented had an overabundance of anthropomorphized human character flaws...

While it's natural to ascribe such flaws to alien or imagined other beings...the truth might be that there is simply no basis for like attribute...attribution...

When I Imagine Godhood...I imagine perfection...purity...an aching beauty that is nigh impossible to behold...

Before such an one I would exhibit pious reverence...Such would be an example that I would failingly strive to emulate...I would be enamored to such an extent...drawn to such a being like a moth to a flame...

Perhaps I should state that I have sought perfection...sought purity...and failed so miserably each and every time...Climbed that mountain to be close...from the top of the mountain to it's bottom on the valley floor...is such a long way to fall...to fail...

I would love such perfect purity with all energy I possess...

I already do...

YouSir
edit on 21-5-2018 by YouSir because: defining...requested...

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a skinsuit , that's creepin me out , man......

my picture in my mind. gonna slip outta this ....it's a leather......suit
:

edit on 21-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Happy fasting month. May this blessing month give you more opportunity to do good deed and worship ( amal wa'l-'ibadah ).

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If God can be indisputable proven, then it would not be faith anymore. Faith, pray and spiritual growth connected closely. Stronger faith mean more likely you will resist evil temptation and more likely your prayer be answered by God. It also mean having pure heart and bathing yourself in the light of God.

Nevertheless, I define worship differently. To me, worship is simply having close relationship with God, to follow his command, to pray to him by asking forgiveness and blessing consistently and to have patience when tested in difficult time.

edit on 21-5-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Abednego

The real God does not need to be worshipped. God is almighty and powerful, He does not us to be singing and dancing all day long.
He does not need us, we need Him.

The so call YHVH , the "I am what I am", that is pure ego involved in that name (or phrase), this guy needs reassurance. The real God does not need reassurance.
can you demonstrate any of that to be true?

Yes. It is quite simple.
If God created this universe and worlds all over, and He is all powerful, almighty, He really do not need us. He do not need us to be sacrificing animals to Him.

Now there is what we call the egregor, that is a being created for us humans when we focus our minds in one thing in particular. That energy "thing" once created, stay there it won't go, but need to be feeded. And sometimes it gets a mind of it own, and that is when start to ask for things to be done for him. It can be eliminated but it required a different method than just focus your mind.
I asked if you could demonstrate any of that to be true. And you say If God is real and If he created things. But nobody knows if god is real. You are just asserting things.

I’m asking you if you can demonstrate any of this to be true. I have never heard of a egregor. Can you show me one?

I now how that if sounds, and it may give the wrong impresion. But think about it, God is God He does not need nobody to be singing and all that. That is taking into account that you are a believer, if your not, then it does not matter how much I try to explain.

Egregor or egregore - is an occult concept representing a "thoughtform" or "collective group mind", an autonomous psychic entity made up of, and influencing, the thoughts of a group of people.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

Thanks.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well its a moot point, as I worship/serve several. But yes. Mind you I'd be thinking that IF there is proof of ONE, why not many?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

A god of what, exactly?

Are we talking about irrefutable proof of the maker who set the universe in motion (and who established the initial conditions for everything within it) or just a local superbeing with better than average tech and a killer PR presence?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I'd find out where it lived, find a way to it, and then exact some well thought out revenge with a ball bat for the hell I've been put through.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Nope... say for instance the Christian god was proven to be real I would continue my life as I always have, trying to be a good Christian.

I wont go to church anymore.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

"You are NOT Your body..." Jesus The Chris†
"You are the Church™..." Jesus The Chris†..

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The real God does not need to be worshipped. God is almighty and powerful, He does not us to be singing and dancing all day long.
He does not need us, we need Him.

The so call YHVH , the "I am what I am", that is pure ego involved in that name (or phrase), this guy needs reassurance. The real God does not need reassurance.
can you demonstrate any of that to be true?

Yes. It is quite simple.
If God created this universe and worlds all over, and He is all powerful, almighty, He really do not need us. He do not need us to be sacrificing animals to Him.

Now there is what we call the egregor, that is a being created for us humans when we focus our minds in one thing in particular. That energy "thing" once created, stay there it won't go, but need to be feeded. And sometimes it gets a mind of it own, and that is when start to ask for things to be done for him. It can be eliminated but it required a different method than just focus your mind.
I asked if you could demonstrate any of that to be true. And you say If God is real and If he created things. But nobody knows if god is real. You are just asserting things.

I’m asking you if you can demonstrate any of this to be true. I have never heard of a egregor. Can you show me one?

I now how that if sounds, and it may give the wrong impresion. But think about it, God is God He does not need nobody to be singing and all that. That is taking into account that you are a believer, if your not, then it does not matter how much I try to explain.

Egregor or egregore - is an occult concept representing a "thoughtform" or "collective group mind", an autonomous psychic entity made up of, and influencing, the thoughts of a group of people.
In reality, that If is way to big for you to account for with mere words. Get back to me when you have more than that.

Either you can demonstrate that your claims are valid, or you have no reason to assert them in the first place.
edit on 21-5-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Probably not.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
No higher being requires worship or reverance.
The only things EVER in our past to demand worship are not the 'highest' beings.
Just a ruler of several systems, or as some prophets like to put it 'Lord of all the Worlds'.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: GBP/JPY

"You are NOT Your body..." Jesus The Chris†
"You are the Church™..." Jesus The Chris†..
one in the hand is worth two in the bush...

The early bird gets the worm...

Those grapes were probably sour anyways...

Platitudes are just that. No matter which book you pick them out of.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Worship is not for God it’s for humans, some people say

Maybe, there is some occult energy transference going on we can’t perceive.

Religion has always been a low-level form of white magic.

The powerful formulas in the liturgies of oriental and classical languages, Greek, Hebrew, Latin and in the Arabic Quran, for instance, may be very psychically and spiritually powerful.

edit on 21-5-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join