It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgraced Dem Conyers endorsed son for his own seat – but he didn't qualify

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Democrat John Conyers’ bedside wish for his son to take his Michigan House seat, after being forced from Congress over a sexual misconduct scandal, likely won’t come true -- now that the younger Conyers reportedly has failed to qualify for the ballot.

Look like disgraced Dem John Conyers won't get his legacy wish to have one of his family members continue his names legacy.

Conyers III reportedly fell about 95 valid signatures short of the required 1,000 to get on the ballot for the Detroit-area House seat, and nearly half of the roughly 1,800 submitted signatures were ruled invalid.

He couldn't even muster the low count of 1,000 signatures to even put his name down.

“My legacy cannot be compromised or diminished in any way,” Conyers said at the time. “I have a great family legacy, especially in my oldest boy, John Conyers III, who I incidentally endorse to replace me in my seat in Congress.”

HAHAHAHA So much for that great family legacy and namesake!! I would love to have my name associated with an lazy, ineffective race baiter who's only real legacy was his sexual assaults and the lengths the Dems went to cover them up..

LINK

Good Riddance Mr. Conyers, to you and your family.

Wonder if he will go on tour like other looser Dems and blame his short comings on everyone else???

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I guess all his defenders have moved on.....

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Of course he should get it. Didnt you see the threads about the Royal Wedding? Pfft!

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
He gathered 1800 signatures, but almost half of them were found to be invalid.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Does that mean that those people actually vote? Would that be the wrong district or in multiple districts

Is this a case of people just signing anything in front of them.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Does that mean that those people actually vote? Would that be the wrong district or in multiple districts

Probably.

When I've signed petitions before, you have to list your address. Anyone who didn't live in Conyer's district would be ruled ineligible, as well as anyone who's stated address didn't check out.
edit on 21-5-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Lots of people from Chicago must have been visiting that area around that time.

😎💥

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Ha, that's awesome. He needs to pay for better canvassers.

I think another Conyers Relative is also running for the same seat.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson

Probably.

When I've signed petitions before, you have to list your address. Anyone who didn't live in Conyer's district would be ruled ineligible, as well as anyone who's stated address didn't check out.

A lot of people who live in the "City" have D/L addresses outside of the city for lower insurance rates. That's probably some of the problem for him.

top topics

join