It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI "Informant" into trump campaign received hundreds of thousands of dollars from government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on May, 21 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

It is not clear if the professor was paid to speak with Trump campaign figures, but public records show that he has received large payments from the federal government in the last two years.

The Department of Defense’s Office of Net Assessment — a shadowy think tank that reports directly to the secretary of defense — paid Halper $282,000 in 2016 and $129,000 in 2017.

nypost.com...

Now as the artcile shows, this isnt proof that the money was paid for his spying on the trump team, but it certainly raises questions. Did any of this money go to paying Papadopoulos the $3000 when Halper was asking him about russian hacks?

ANd lets not forget what we laerned with trumps lawyer cohen and were gtold by the anti trump people; there is no reason Cohen would get hundreds of thousands of dollars just being a consultant.

So I assume those people would apply the same rationale here; why is halper getting this much money just being a consultant. Seeing as how the FBI was directing him what questions to ask trumps team, it seems likely this was part of his paid job.

If thats the case, we have the government using tax dollars to spy on a presidential campaign (heck we know they already tried to pay steele to dig up oppo research on trump)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don't understand. He was on the Dept of Defense payroll, but was an informant for the FBI, which is part of the Dept of Justice. Shouldn't he have been on the FBI payroll?

+12 more 
posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

The article calls him a professor.

I will just call him a former CIA agent and FBI consultant.

Treasonous spy works for me too.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I don't understand. He was on the Dept of Defense payroll, but was an informant for the FBI, which is part of the Dept of Justice. Shouldn't he have been on the FBI payroll?

He may have been, that info has yet to come out.

We do know that he was on the dod payroll for some reason though. And we know that the as a paid government employee, he was asked to clandestinely question trump team members on behalf of the FBI.

Your tax dollars at work!

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I wonder if was also paid for consultations by the Trump team. BANK!

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I wonder if was also paid for consultations by the Trump team. BANK!

Right.

I guess that would have been a more sick burn had I not mentioned in the OP how the anti trumps line of Cohen was that no company would pay him just to consult, therefore that same mindset should be applied that the government would not pay halper just to consult.

Buit um yeah, good one!

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

He was not a member of the FBI

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Right. It doesn't appear that he was an undercover officer, or anything like that. He just told secrets to them, that the Trump people obviously entrusted him with.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

No. Legal law enforcement operation. But you'd rather bow to Russia.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

What's the problem?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Every aide is a Mueller informant. Bunch of back biters in that organization.

+9 more 
posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He was not a member of the FBI

He was a confidential informant receiving pay and direction form the FBI. He was placed there by the FBI and reported back to them. While he wasn’t an agent hired by the FBI he was a paid contractor/ CI for the FBI.

You’re pulling hairs.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I am one of those people that does not understand why it's ok for the fbi to use spies and informants to catch others they believe are criminals but it's not ok to have done this to trump if they thought he was criminal?

For the record I don't agree with the tactics used by law enforcement in general.

But I would rather live in a society where no one is above the law. Even if I don't agree with the laws.

+16 more 
posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Wrong once again as always. It was not a legal operation on an every day criminal. It was a shady operation who used fake evidence pushed through their party vendors in an effort to circumvent the US justice system and spy on a then candidate and later US President.

It is the farthest thing from a legal investigation. Not that you would know that.

edit on 21-5-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The problem is it is illegal and criminals acts are being perpetrated by the same people we Intrust to enforce and uphold the law not break it.

Is that really so hard for you to understand.

+21 more 
posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Once again you come in a thread spam the board with no content and then run off to chase butterflies in your head....

Do us all a favor tomorrow morning, skip us and go straight for the butterflies....

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
double post
edit on 21-5-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

And when you say tax dollars paid for this I think....arn't all fbi and doj employees paid with our tax dollars.

And if that is the case then yes I agree that it sucks what the government decides to spend my tax money on.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I am more interested in, why Cohen, was paid back by trump. Lie after lie. Even if someone was a plant, so freaking what, this is the most corrupt POTUS since Nixon. Its sickening that he was voted in.....Thanks again Russia.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

You’re pulling hairs.

Splitting hairs is the term. Because split hairs are still just hairs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join