It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapid destruction of electrons equals high flow of current (UFO tech explained)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: ParanormalGuy

They are an elementary particle and cannot be destroyed.

electrons are destroyed when they unite with positrons.

it does not sound like fun...skinny jeans

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The terminology means nothing if the underlying methodologies and physics are not properly utilized.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

True but at least remove the misinterpretations. In this case, I think it is leaning to your point.

We could go back to simply using 'magic' as in the old days.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

So if you were to continuously destroy all the electrons in one end of this pole
The word "destroy" implies a violation of thermodynamics. Energy is conserved, never created nor destroyed. The state of an electron can be changed however, like in electron capture or inverse beta decay. In one case the decay is natural and energy is released, resorting to a stable form of matter, and the other energy is required, if I understand the process correctly.

Even in the description you linked to, i.e pair annihilation, there is a byproduct and energy release so the energy is still conserved.

The processes described are more complicated than they may first appear so I would suggest reading what you can to learn more, if you're interested.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Why not people think electronics technology is magic anyway.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: projectvxn

True but at least remove the misinterpretations. In this case, I think it is leaning to your point.

We could go back to simply using 'magic' as in the old days.

We are increasingly living in the post factual era.

Kev

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Simple answer: yes, we can destroy electrons, but no, it is completely impractical to do so in the manner you hypothesize given present technology. We know of only two ways to destroy an electon: near-light-speed collision with another particle (a'la CERN), or annihilation with a positron. There's not a lot of positrons floating around... they keep disappearing in pair annihilation.

As to the 'advantages' of not having an education... it's easy to keep both feet on the ground. We call people like that 'normal.' It's easy to keep one's head in the clouds. We call people like that 'dreamers.' But if one can keep their head in the clouds and both feet on the ground... that's what we call a giant!

Your feet are not on the ground.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I Love me a great metaphor.

I'll have to remember that one.. it's beautiful.

Kev

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

How do you destroy an electron?
With an electron destroyer. Duh. It's in the tool shed between the beam stretcher and the turbo encabulator.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanormalGuy
I don't need to use any of your fancy words or laws to explain that. And all your arguments trying to discredit the fact I just stated will just make you look like the lesser informed person here.

Well actually son; you DO need those words, although, none of them are fancy, except in the order in which they are evoked.

I'll try to keep this simple. The "words" that are trying to inform you of things electrical, chemical, and physical are the known science of it all.

I'm an MSEE (retired Electrical Engineer)...and when we speak of current flow little things like Ohm's Law and Kirchhoff's Law absolutely rule. Y'all shouldn't think of these Laws as "electrical" but rather as "Laws of Physics". They do describe the behavior of electrons (at least in conductors) as well as provide for perfect prediction (of potential, and, current differences / flow).

It seems that you are confusing the phenomenon electrical devices malfunctioning in the presence of a strong magnetic field, with whatever the hell you are talking about.

It is a known "thing" that electrical devices can malfunction when exposed to large magnetic fields, especially if pulsed (thats kind of how an EMP works...large pulse, large induced current ... broken device). Though not all UFO's exhibit this phenomenon, many really are just lights in the night.

The "kinds" of UFO that may cause electrical issues are mostly natural in nature as they are things like sprites, ball lightening; electrical discharges that cause a large local current flow, and thus a strong magnetic field. You can detect, measure, and begin to locate such fields with your cell phone...you can do the same for the last class of UFO...an alien craft.

In any case; One does not "suck" electrons, One doesn't create or destroy then either (only change them) If you want to understand "HOW" electrons flow; perhaps we should introduce you to Hole Theory.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: majickJimi

Electron holes were gonna be my next avenue.

But I barely understand that idea.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: majickJimi

Electron holes were gonna be my next avenue.

But I barely understand that idea.

Yeah...that one was a bit strange at first.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Simple answer: yes, we can destroy electrons, but no, it is completely impractical to do so in the manner you hypothesize given present technology. We know of only two ways to destroy an electon: near-light-speed collision with another particle (a'la CERN), or annihilation with a positron.
I feel that "destroy" is an incorrect term. Both of the methods you described create byproducts and energy is released so it could be said that the energy of the electron is conserved. I am also going to take a guess and say that both of those processes can be reversed and produce electrons similar to electron capture/neutron decay.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Hit it with a positron. They have colliders to do this:

www.ippp.dur.ac.uk...

But there are some momentum conservation laws which apply:

physics.stackexchange.com...

If you want to make electrons jump off the rod, just apply a high-frequency radio wave. Then you get a radio transmitter emitting photons. Crank up the voltage/frequency/current and eventually they will be giving off gamma rays unless the transmitter melts first.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Devino

Both of the methods you described create byproducts and energy is released so it could be said that the energy of the electron is conserved. I am also going to take a guess and say that both of those processes can be reversed and produce electrons similar to electron capture/neutron decay.

Of course the mass/energy of the electron is conserved. But the electron is still destroyed. It no longer exists as an electron. If I eat a potato, the gastric acids destroy the potato. What comes out the other end is most certainly NOT a potato! However, the chemicals that made up that potato still exist in other forms... just not as a potato. The potato has been destroyed.

And yes, we can create electron-positron pairs. E=mc^2 < -- > m=E/c^2.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Hit it with a positron. They have colliders to do this:

www.ippp.dur.ac.uk...

But there are some momentum conservation laws which apply:

physics.stackexchange.com...

If you want to make electrons jump off the rod, just apply a high-frequency radio wave. Then you get a radio transmitter emitting photons. Crank up the voltage/frequency/current and eventually they will be giving off gamma rays unless the transmitter melts first.

I get all that, it's just not what the Original Poster was implying with his made up tech.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You just make it up if it sounds good the the ufo crowd will believe as seen many times on here.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
You just make it up if it sounds good the the ufo crowd will believe as seen many times on here.

That's pretty science-y and makes total sense.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Its technicly popping electrons out of our reality like neurons do. Hence memory and conciousness.
Bizang.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

OP you may have unknowingly stumbled into a better idea.

Perhaps, these are the exact reasons that missing time and memory loss are trademarks of contact????????

Our brains, neurons, synapses, etc... They NEED electron flow!

If the flow of electrons in our own brains is interfered with, we can not think, we can not remember, we can not form memories, we lose sense of self, we lose sense of time, we lose all ability to obtain and store sensory information.

More threads like yours, would be interesting. Are you a member of OPRP, TV, CIC, anything like that?
edit on 22-5-2018 by Archivalist because: wow

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join