It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nimitz story in the former OMF forum

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400
However high strangeness events are caused, they seem to generated by people and match the cultural expectations of the time. I was wondering if in this case the military were experimenting in this area, although there are many more likely explanations.

I would guess the military were testing some high performance aerial platform against the Navy’s best people and weapons, but its performance wasn’t quite as described. Because the performance seems other worldy, the video leaks and so the disinformation campaign starts.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: elevenaugust

Yes, and we are still trying to locate him (detective work!). We have its real identity and are pretty confident that he had US contacts.

I actually just spent hours trying to track down any information about thefinaltheory/necroflesh/necroticflesh and cometa/cometa2. I guess you're a better internet sleuth than me, because I didn't find much!

My interest in this is that thefinaltheory mentioned another video that he had that wouldn't play because of codec problems, and he seemed to happily send this video to people. I just want to track down a copy of this video file. Maybe the German guy had a copy of it. If you know the German guy's name, then surely, in the worst case, you can find his address and write him an actual letter, right?

Does anyone have any leads on who might have a copy of the video file?

The reason I'm interested is that I'm pretty confident that given enough time, I could fix the corrupt video file and get something out of it.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: brainz
My interest in this is that thefinaltheory mentioned another video that he had that wouldn't play because of codec problems, and he seemed to happily send this video to people. I just want to track down a copy of this video file.

Apart from several versions of the video file (including a longer version), thefinaltheory also stated he had a Powerpoint presentation that hasn't been posted yet.

Maybe the German guy had a copy of it.

Maybe. That's why ElevenAugust, me and a few others have spent quite a bit of time looking for him...

Even if he had the other material, that person may not have retained it. Even if he still has it, he may not be willing to share. (Thefinaltheory and Cometa didn't share with me when I asked in February 2007, although my success rate in getting positive responses from people inside and outside the UFO community is now much higher than a decade ago...).

If you know the German guy's name, then surely, in the worst case, you can find his address and write him an actual letter, right?

Over the last few months, we've slowly obtained his name, place of birth, date of birth, photo and other information. But we still don't have any contact details for him. If you find that a bit frustrating, imagine how we feel about it.

edit on 28-6-2018 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join