It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS - John McCain's Life - Documentary Airs 5.28.2018 on HBO.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But the American people showed they really wanted the affordable care act to continue. We the folks of this country as a whole wanted it. Wasn't he answering the requests of his constituients? Isn't that what we pay these guys to do?
He wasn't acting for himself he was acting on behalf of the people of Arizona.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

That's not an article it's an opinion.
I'm sure you can get better information from Wikipedia.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I see I'm hours late for the party. Again. Lol

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I find all this sudden media/left wing love for McCain to be very strange. It was just in 2007-2008 when the same people were accusing McCain of being a warmongering racist.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

That's not an article it's an opinion.
I'm sure you can get better information from Wikipedia.

Sure, McCain stated some of these things in his own words. Opinion? Possibly, I mean he did say it himself and there is no reason to believe what he said. So I guess you could be right, but then again you probably are thinking something else. You're a smart girl, why don't you tell us what exactly happened after McCain punched out of his jet?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I'm so sure his idea was I'm a traitor.
Gimmie a break!

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I don’t dislike him for breaking under torture. I dislike him for using his office to help erode our country’s reputation, the patriot act, using his beer money to pay lobbyists, his anti marijuana campaign, etc etc.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I'm so sure his idea was I'm a traitor.
Gimmie a break!

That's your opinion, but do you have facts to back it up?

We can go back and forth all day in the end though McCain stated (again, in his own words) that after punching out of his jet and landing in the lake. He was in and out of consciousness for 3-4 days, and after coming to and saw that his leg was broken and the size of a football, he had asked for hospital care in exchange for military information. So his intent may not have been to say, "Hey I want to betray my country!". That is what he did. Nobody ever saw him get tortured, even though other POWs had seen other POWs get tortured. The French journalist that interviewed McCain while he was imprisoned stated that no other prisoner had been provided the comforts that McCain had been privy to. Facts, not opinion, but as stated before if you're sitting on evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
hope Hemingways descendants sue the traitorous bastard for plagiarizing the title of one of Hemingways books .

Metallica too?

Well it took only 2 posts to begin denigrating a man that served his country for decade. Way to be classy ATS.

ETA: Nice to see the crowd stand up to this slagging.

edit on 21-5-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

McCain’s accounts of torture and beatings were never witnessed by a single other POW. The U.S. Navy says that two eyewitnesses are required for any award of heroism, but for McCain’s valor awards, there are no witnesses except for McCain himself and his captors.

Lord Satan was Insane McCain's witness, counts as at least two witnesses, and we all know the Department of Offense takes its marching orders from Him. So it was a dead ringer when McSlain showt up with Lord Satan. Yea.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
hope Hemingways descendants sue the traitorous bastard for plagiarizing the title of one of Hemingways books .

Metallica too?

Well it took only 2 posts to begin denigrating a man that served his country for decade. Way to be classy ATS.

ETA: Nice to see the crowd stand up to this slagging.

Wait. You mean my finding of the "Demonic" version of the Metallica song didnt count as "denigrating" (in the first post)?!?

edit on 21-5-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Do your research before going off about how great McCain is.

Hey, Mr. EGO. There are some people who thought HITLER was "great". Telling other people with free-will how to think, is inappropriate.
edit on 5/24/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

But the American people showed they really wanted the affordable care act to continue. We the folks of this country as a whole wanted it. Wasn't he answering the requests of his constituients? Isn't that what we pay these guys to do?
He wasn't acting for himself he was acting on behalf of the people of Arizona.

But McCain voted to Repeal the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) 9 times...when it didn't really matter, because Obama would veto any repeal that crossed his desk. Maybe the brain tumor made him vote "No" on the repeal the 10th time.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Do your research before going off about how great McCain is.

Hey, Mr. EGO. There are some people who thought HITLER was "great". Telling other people with free-will how to think, is inappropriate.

Did I tell you what to think, or did I say something about researching a person before you talk about their greatness? If more people did research Hitler before they had voted him into office, things would have been very different (especially if the people were able to research others like they can today)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

"We need to make sure that we give the American people what they deserve, and right now they're not getting it,"

Sounds like a threat.

Think I'll miss the show.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
For all the talk of hidden medical technologies being suppressed by "big pharma" you'd think someone as deep state and connected as John McCain would be able to get a cure or some experimental treatment. Kinda makes ya think maybe things aren't too far from what they seem....

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

"We need to make sure that we give the American people what they deserve, and right now they're not getting it,"

Sounds like a threat.

Think I'll miss the show.

Today is Show Time! ENJOY EVERYBODY!!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I think DEMOCRATS will miss John McCain more than Republicans?

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton
I find all this sudden media/left wing love for McCain to be very strange. It was just in 2007-2008 when the same people were accusing McCain of being a warmongering racist.

Exactly. Was waiting to see someone pointing this out before I would.
If this wasn't hilarious it would be pathetic. Oh wait, it's both.
But can we really be surprised after seeing traitorous libs praise Kim Jong Un? Freaking Kim Jong Un.

At this rate, even if Hitler was alive and was opposing Trump, he'd get praised by the pathetic, scum of the earth, pathetic liberals.

Not even going to mention John McCain, politician for hire.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
August 24, 2018

All sides are saddened that Senator McCain has deteriorated to the point where he's discontinuing his medical treatment.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Senator John McCain, the maverick Republican who survived a Vietnam War prison camp and ran unsuccessfully for president, is discontinuing medical treatment for an aggressive form of brain cancer, his family said in a statement on Friday, a year after he announced his diagnosis.
More at: www.reuters.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join