It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Archetypal Psychology of the Adam and Eve Narrative

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Hi Jimbo--

The 2nd Creation Myth of the Jews (Gen 2:4b through 3:26) does indeed seem more 'primitive' in overall content & style of utterance--especially with its talking snakes and other childishly-expressed divine anthropomorphisms ('and Adam heard the sound of YHWH-Elohim walking around in the garden in the cool of the afternoon...') but it is still debated in scholarly circles whether the actual language being employed in this 2nd Creation Myth (in this case, un-pointed paleo-Hebrew) can be proved to be chronologically older than the 1st Creation Myth (Gen 1:1 to 2:4a); the only thing that can be said for certain is that their language dialects are quite different, posturing two separate writing-schools (the 1st Myth seems to have a more Babylonian feel in terms of technical terms (e.g. Heb. Tehom[ah] v. Bab. Tiamat), and closely resembles the language employed by the same literary school of the wacko-prophet Hezekiel c. 580 BCE), whereas the 2nd Myth seems more cognate with the Anatothian Hebrew dialect of the prophet Jeremiah (e.g. in its use of the phrase 'YHWH-Elohim' (aka KJV 'The LORD God') as opposed to 'Elohim' &tc.

Either way, the 2nd Creation Myth of the post-exilic Jews in the 'Hebrew Scriptures' is unashamedly misogynistic in tone, with Adam being created before 'Eve' (Heb. Chayyah aka Heb. ha-Ishah) who was herself 'formed' out of the side of 'the man' (ha-Ish) as a sort of second-class, afterthought creation; what is even worse, as the more sexist, orthodox-extremist Rebbe's like to remind women on this planet, e.g. 'Adam alone had the Breath of Life breathed into his nostrils, so that Adam became a 'living Soul' (Her. Nephesh); whereas Chayaah did not receive the Breath of Life directly from YHWH-Elohim, therefore Eve (Heb. Chayyah) does not herself possess a 'soul' like a man and is therefore to be regarded as less of a human being than Adam...'

It is this kind of inherent sexism that permeates a great deal of the texts of the Hebrew Scriptures (as well as the Dead Sea Scroll writings)--which admittedly were (probably) all written by men--and has percolated (through Judaeism's two bastard-cousins, Christianity & Islam) down to the present day and is the source of much pain and suffering among modern 'working-women' in the West who at the moment are desperately trying to find a habitable space in today's post-industrial world (i.e. trying to balance a challenging and competitive career-path with the energy-draining and time-consuming obligations of raising a modern family.

To imply that 'women must be obedient to their husbands' just because some purportedly-ancient collection of middle-eastern zionist-propaganda tracts says so is to abrogate the power of Terran humans for self-empowerment and disallows the creation of a level playing-field for both sexes, each of whom should be treated with the same level of respect and honour. Taking the silly pre-scientific creation myths of the post-exilic Jews as any kind of a valid guide to living in the 21st-century post-industrial West is not conducive to moving the cause of gender-equality forward, and is something that should be utterly eschewed by all thinking persons who consider themselves in any way 'humanitarian'.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Willtell, please get mature..thanks

edit on 24-5-2018 by Ohthewey778 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I have a strongly relating type of face to Adam..

Maybe I was reincarnated until now..

I think there are figures in History that kind of look like Adam..

For example..Alexander the Great... David..

Or maybe I just thought as if I was Adam..and my body made my face change into the Adam Suit..so to speak..?

<< 1  2   >>

join