It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero mom saves the day killing gunman outside school

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This video is precisely why I, as an American citizen, conceal carry. The hope is this scenario will never happen to me or my family. However, in the event it does I will not be one who becomes a victim nor will I allow my family to become a victim. This off duty police officer potentially saved the lives of children because she was legally allowed to conceal carry as an off-duty officer.

The rabid left will never understand this woman represents 99.99% of all law abiding gun owners in the US and not the very small percent who are mentally deranged.

The video has a warning it is graphic, however, there is no gore. Just a dumb ass gun wielding thief getting what he deserves.

EDIT: This occurred in Brazil but is completely irrelevant to the point of the post.

EDIT 2: I made an assumption with my post and should clarify. Concealed carry is one aspect. Maintaining the correct mindset and on-going training is another critical component to being effective in a potentially deadly gun fight. The point of my post is the left immediately demonizes anyone who legally carries a weapon or legally owns a weapon as someone who simply wants to hurt others. My point is people want to protect themselves and others. Yes, you should regularly train if you expect to be effective. And candidly, unless you have ever been in a real life situation you will never know how you will react. However, this is the purpose of training. So the training will take over and the mind will not impede your ability to defend yourself or your family.

edit on 20-5-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Das Brazil Yo.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Good people with guns.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13 Saw this the other day,,,, Awesome!

However I do wish she didn't keep walking up so close. I was waiting for a leg sweep, or something, maybe I watch to many action flicks?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

i'm pro 2nd amendment.

but a gun in the hands of an untrained person is just as dangerous as the attacker.
this woman was trained and had experience in the field. this is not the same as a concealed carry citizen.

in my opinion, people need to be trained if they are going to carry in public.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Completely irrelevant but thanks for stopping by to add zero content.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

i'm pro 2nd amendment.

but a gun in the hands of an untrained person is just as dangerous as the attacker.
this woman was trained and had experience in the field. this is not the same as a concealed carry citizen.

Not 100% true. Some of the least well trained people who carry guns are police officers. I'm not LEO and I have quite a few LEO friends who regularly come to me for training. This is concealed carry too. Everyone I know personally who carries concealed trains on a regular basis. Come to think of it I have never known anyone who carries concealed to not train regularly. Even something as little as 30 minutes a month at the range is enough to keep the edge honed.

+9 more 
posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The ability to defend oneself is the difference between a slave and a citizen. It's that simple. Everyone has the right, as a being, to protect themselves. That means having the tools available to you that those that wish to harm you(illegally) have. It's really that simple.

Pity so many can't seem to grasp such a simple, logical concept.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
99.9999999999% of conceal carry owners would be too cowardly to do anything.

And the fact that she was almost shot herself shows how stupidly she reacted. If he would have pointed his attention tthen her.2 seconds earlier and saw her going through her purse he would have gotten her first. And she was a trained person.

Putting an average citizen in this situation they would have gotten shot 9 times out of 10.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Great points. An even bigger issue is the rabid left are so brain washed into thinking anyone who LEGALLY carries concealed or simply LEGALLY owns a gun is some type of a war monger hell bent on hurting people. They can't seem to grasp the fact it's CRIMINALS who commit the crimes with guns over the people who legally own guns. Last I checked criminals didn't take the time to legally obtain a gun.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab
Getting a concealed carry is just the first step. Albeit an easy step for those who haven't committed a serious crime.
I know the place I got my concealed certificate has additional training classes for those that are serious about personal defense.
Getting a concealed carry is just the first step.

+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thelotlizard:

Don't project your own cowardice on other people. Aka, speak for yourself and keep the bogus stats for your next CNN garbage opinion piece.
edit on 20-5-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

She’s an off duty cop.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Legally armed citizens can make a difference. They can also not make a difference. However, if you were in a situation where someone drew down on you with a fire arm would you rather have someone nearby who was legally carrying or would you rather not?

link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

i'm pro 2nd amendment.

Not 100% true. Some of the least well trained people who carry guns are police officers. I'm not LEO and I have quite a few LEO friends who regularly come to me for training. This is concealed carry too. Everyone I know personally who carries concealed trains on a regular basis. Come to think of it I have never known anyone who carries concealed to not train regularly. Even something as little as 30 minutes a month at the range is enough to keep the edge honed.

30 minutes a month shooting at targets is good, but it isn't near enough training.
it is a whole different ball game when you are faced with a life or death situation.
having the resources to defend yourself is good.
not knowing how to handle a high stress situation is bad. i'll never tell anyone they can't exercise their right to carry or purchase a firearm. but i hope that anyone who does decide to carry get trained.

trying to figure out if your safety is on is all the time an attacker would need to hurt you.

my point is, just because you carry doesn't mean you are prepared for a violent situation.

link   

i'm pro 2nd amendment.

this woman was trained and had experience in the field. . this is not the same as a concealed carry citizen.

What concealed carry people do YOU hang around?

Everyone I know shoot regularly...and had to train WITH the weapon they were going to CCW with....

No offense but it doesnt sound like you know how it works?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

She’s an off duty cop.

LOL...I was waiting for the person who thinks cops are somehow better trained than civilians. I'm not LEO and I instruct cops. What does that tell you?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Thelotlizard:

Don't project your own cowardice on other people. Aka, speak for yourself and keep the bogus stats for your next CNN garbage opinion piece.

Um what? I’m a veteran, unlike you I’ve seen the whites of a mans as his life fades away from the bullets ripping through his chest.

Now until you have something constructive to come out of your mouth I ask you to go politely into your hole.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Mate you don't need to lecture me on training. It's what I do. There is way more to it than just what you mention. I have an entire methodology I teach to students. LEO and civilian. It goes much deeper than physical training with the weapon.

The point of the video is simple. Legally carrying concealed citizens or off duty LEO can make a difference. The rabid left makes everyone who legally carries concealed or legally owns a gun out to be gun totin' idiots who want to hurt people when they are not.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

i'm pro 2nd amendment.

this woman was trained and had experience in the field. . this is not the same as a concealed carry citizen.

What concealed carry people do YOU hang around?

Everyone I know shoot regularly...and had to train WITH the weapon they were going to CCW with....

No offense but it doesnt sound like you know how it works?

shooting at targets is not the same as being involved in a violent confrontation. it just isn't.
even police officers get nervous when they have to draw their weapon. and they are trained and instructed on how to handle hostile situations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join