It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Liberals and conservatives are both guilty regarding the shootings in America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Most kids are very progressive now. Liberal to the T. They have poor moral values, and no control over their emotions and actions. It is actually a form of mental illness

So you mean if you take away all the growing child's barriers, tell them that gender no longer matters, do whatever feels good, life doesn't matter because it's all relative and then stack actual reality on them, that they may snap?

Progressivism... destroying family and moral values since the late 1800's in the name of power and By Any Means Necessary.

Fully agree with your post.

Why, when we have a school shooting, doesn't the debate go to "why are we raising kids that want to kill other kids?"

Seems to be the logical thing to ask, instead of banning a tool.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Our kids are required to go to school.

Our government should be required to protect them.

Period

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
the problem is that teens are treated special and aren't expected to follow the law, aren't taught respect, politeness or humility, nor are they given responsibility for anything or disciplined when they do terrible things to other people.

our education system needs structure and direction to guide students more effectively.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Our kids are required to go to school.

Our government should be required to protect them.

Period

The belief that "The Government" should "protect" people is a big part of the problem.

Thank you, but I'll decline, and continue to put that responsibility on the only person that I know for a FACT both can and will protect me.

Me.

I can also assure you that both my daughter and my son are completely capable of doing the same.

Here's what I can't seem to understand: How can a parent, ANY parent, be oblivious to the fact that they have a kid who is a bat-crap crazy psychopath?

How is it that you just completely MISS something like that?

So, as far as Willtell's OP, I wholeheartedly disagree that both liberals and conservatives are "Responsible" for school shootings. I understand the argument, I just don't think it's a valid one, although I can understand the need to haphazardly throw blame around.

So, by liberals and conservatives, I assume that you mean most Americans, including myself, yes?

How so? I mean, MY kids never shot up a school. So how? Please be specific.

We've ALWAYS had firearms damn-near EVERYWHERE in this country. Millions of them. If firearms are the problem, why weren't we having frequent school shootings 50 years ago, or 75 years ago?

Why weren't kids going nuts with a Thompson sub-machine gun and shooting up schools 100 years ago?

So what changed? Firearms haven't really changed much since World War One.

So what is it that HAS changed?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Maga it is then. A response to olaru.
Notice I did not actually write Any accusation?? Yeah I did.
edit on 5-21-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Two things have changed. The sheer volume of humans in the USA on brain chemistry altering drugs has skyrocketed, thanks in part to marketing in media. The second thing is the volume of violence content humans in the USA under the corruption of said drugs are now consuming from every source. We hear it in our music, play it in our games, read it in everything printed, watch it in our cinema and tv dramas.

We have our nchildren to normalized sayings such as "oh I'm going to kill you, don't make me stab you, don't get shot, go hang yourself, go shoot yourself, jump off a cliff" as if they are just funny witty retorts to someone else comments. Some of us enjoy it so much though we want to continue to deny any of this has any influence on young impressionable minds in the stage where they are most easily influenced. Well, it has an effect people, and we see it every day.

In Any case it's not like this is some kind of pandemic the way paid crsis actors And the fake news are trying to sell it as. According to wapo. 139 students and faculty have been killed on school grounds by shootings since 1999. It's taken nineteen years to reach that number. More kids die of allergies in a given year than that two decade casualty list of gun victims. So although olaru may have been sarcastic in his reply, truth is school shootings represent literally an insignificant tally compared to the other dangers that are already known to off more kids than shootings.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
America is a failing civilization headed for doom.

Like ancient Rome, who btw at least didn’t stand by and watch their kids get slaughtered...Not much different than the Roman arena.

Probably worse with all the hypocrisy going on.

We have arrived at a dystopia. A modern society that lives and accepts the slaughter of their own children.

It looks like we could teach the Aztecs a few things about child sacrifice.

You are quite correct except I would argue that the US isnt a "civilization", in fact its become antithetical to "civilization". Civilizations produce great works of art. In "Amerca", dog crap in a Dixie cup is hearalded as high art. Civilization in the US began devolving after WWI and was accelerated through the Great Depression to the end of WWII. There was a brief effort to restore it in the 1950's, but that effort was forever ended by the Viet Nam war by the protestors and spineless anti-American, anti-Western Civilization politicians like Teddy Kennedy.

As a result, we have entered a new, anti-Englightenment, Dark Age intent on destroying the last vestiges of anything resembling Civilization. You see the results all around you. Good is Bad, Bad is Good. Religion based morality and even Natural Law has been replaced with the Religion of Politics practiced at the altar of Political Correctness, God having been replaced by the new "ManGod" who puts relativism over truth in the pursuit of secular humanistic goals.

Civilization is dead and has been replaced by an aggressive culture of death. And we're suprised when little Johnny emulates Satan and kills his school mates.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You have spoken to one of the points I made. That is that secularism has gone too far, as well as so called conservatism that while pretending to hold down some kind of morality doesn’t believe in the kind of morality Jesus spoke when he emphasized that a rich man will get to heaven when the camel passes through the eye of a needle.

As well they are war mongers yet they go to church on Sunday.

FAKE RELIGION AND FAKE MORALITY

edit on 21-5-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

I appreciate your disagreement, in that it’s not the usual ignorant crap espoused around here with no argument or intelligence—just right-wing gun loving dogma.

My point revolves around concepts of government that are labeled left and right (the two primary doctrines in America presently) in regards to attempting to possibly solve the issue. It’s not really about blame, per se, since the perpetrator is ultimately to blame, sure.

But any society has the obligation to implement solutions to social diseases like the perpetual mass murder of its children.
And such a solution has to start from a conceptual framework.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: TonyS

You have spoken to one of the points I made. That is that secularism has gone too far, as well as so called conservatism that while pretending to hold down some kind of morality doesn’t believe in the kind of morality Jesus spoke when he emphasized that a rich man will get to heaven when the camel passes through the eye of a needle.

As well they are war mongers yet they go to church on Sunday.

FAKE RELIGION AND FAKE MORALITY

Yes, Jesus preached that it isn't easy for a rich man to get to Heaven, but Jesus did not preach that it was anyone's place to save him from himself by stealing his stuff so that he was no longer wealthy, either. That is where the progressive doctrine goes wrong.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Blah , Blah , Blab................Heard All these Jokes before............YAWN ...Get a New Act..........

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Please tell me one person made poor by any progressive confiscation

Regarding the rich, I too don’t believe that all rich people are literally going to hell, I hope.

But the point may be that the rich should be more giving to the poor

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Both sides are responsible for a host of things. However, until those who would hold them accountable in this country gain a foothold, it's going to only get worse. Definitely don't expect either side to take any accountability. The only thing we're going to get are excuses and the demonization of those demanding accountability.

Another problem that isn't being addressed is bullying. Sure, it has always existed, but can you imagine what it's like now? I mean, we're rearing a generation that doesn't even respect adults, you honestly think they have respect for their peers?

Now, you take someone who is already isolated and unstable and place them amongst a bunch of, for lack of a better term, "brats" always messing with them, just how long do you think that's going to be accepted? I am not trying to make excuses for the individuals who go off the "deep end," but you're only going to poke a porcupine so many times before it releases its quills.
edit on 21-5-2018 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

They likely should be in many cases, but that's not government's decision to enforce. And it's not your place or my place to enable government to enforce either.

Genuine charity is when someone gives because they feel it's the right thing to do.

That means I reach into my own pocket or spend my own time of my own free will to help others. It doesn't mean I vote to get the government to take someone else's stuff to do it for me so I don't have to.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

But any society has the obligation to implement solutions to social diseases like the perpetual mass murder of its children.

The thing is your giving in to the propaganda. There is no pandemic, epidemic, or rash outbreak of school shootings. 139 dead in nineteen years all across the nation does not make any kind of epidemic or routine tragedy. Sorry, but the math speaks for itself. Significantly more children die annually from drowning than have died in school shootings across two decades.

School shootings are literally still one of the rarest acts of crime in America, and not even in the top ten leading causes of child homicide or child mortality in general.

Anybody who actually believes school shootings are a growing trend that is threatening America has had their brain thoroughly washed in the spin cycle and been swallowed by the propaganda.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

The thing is your giving in to the propaganda. There is no pandemic, epidemic, or rash outbreak of school shootings. 139 dead in nineteen years all across the nation does not make any kind of epidemic or routine tragedy. Sorry, but the math speaks for itself. Significantly more children die annually from drowning than have died in school shootings across two decades.

School shootings are literally still one of the rarest acts of crime in America, and not even in the top ten leading causes of child homicide or child mortality in general.

Anybody who actually believes school shootings are a growing trend that is threatening America has had their brain thoroughly washed in the spin cycle and been swallowed by the propaganda.

The US has had 57 times as many school shootings as other major industrialized nations combined

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obviously your very wrong

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Obviously that comparison is wrong.

Obviously.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Good posst s+f

I would consider myself to be a classical libral.

I believe 100% in the Constitution and our rights and laws, as a gun oender myself and being around them from a young age I a white middle class man with military experience has never had the urge to go randomly shoot people.

I think extream nuvo librals and some if their parenting ideas are as wacky as it gets.

My highchiol class is 2003 and when we had sporting events thru school or orther wise not everyone got a trophy.

Kids these days are so insulated from reality and their parents to afraid to use real punishment and the over medication and lack of a classical family structure (u don't care if your gay or what ever) where there are two people rasing a child also don't help.

I know not all the kids in newer generations are like this so maybe there is hope

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
You may as we'll be talking Bout Mars, cuz them other places are not here. They have their own # to deal with unrelated to firearms. Some of those industrialized nation's don't even have stable power grids. Overt corruption is rampant and open.

Focus on home.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join