It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkey's Brain Runs Robotic Arm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
www.livescience.com...

In a new study, a monkey fed itself using a robotic arm electronically linked to its brain. The work was presented here Thursday at the annual meeting of the American Association of the Advancement of Science (AAAS).

The robotic arm is about the size of a child’s, with a fully functional shoulder and elbow, as well as a simple gripper that can hold a piece of fruit or vegetable.

"It moves much like your own arm would move," said Andrew Schwartz from the University of Pittsburgh.

this is amazing...

being able to move a robot part with your mind...

if monkeys can do it, we can too...

here is a pic...

enjoy!!!

pao

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
whoa.......... thats crazy... soon they'll be doing stuff like this on a regular basis. i wonder if that will end up being good or bad..

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pao
whoa.......... thats crazy... soon they'll be doing stuff like this on a regular basis. i wonder if that will end up being good or bad..

maybe if a person lost an arm this would help that person...

the robot arm can be controlled by that person's mind and it would be like a regular arm...

thats just what i think...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
well if you think thats amazing...read about the rats brain flying a f22 raptor simulator!.......im well impressed...im gonna get that monkey to run my buisnesses when im not here!....(it has to be better than my partner) lol!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I have to say thats well interesting...I think if this technology develops then alot of injured or disabled people will be able to reclaim back there lost abilities....

Couldnt this technology be used though to make cyborgs ?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
i just saw a ufo go onto click here to watchh

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
File doesn't work.. Maybe you typed in the address wrong or something. On the other hand you could be just using a mac. But when did Mac start using the exe extension to open a file.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK!!! MEMBER WAS BANNED FOR VIRUS SPAMMING!!!

All posts have been removed, but those quoting this may still contain the link!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
there is no virus in the link???

WTF are you talking about???

pao

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
i think maybe someone posted something half ways down the page.....?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Howdy They see all, I already have this subject posted www.abovetopsecret.com...
I think it is a great idea that is just a begining

top topics

join