It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photo From Inside

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

On the positive side, we can rule out any idea of the source making a hoax to make money or become famous or whatever.

Maybe but we can't rule out that Tyler may have created the picture and story for his channel and its viewers.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
As a former Field Investigator for MUFON, let me add my opinion in on this issue:

Without having access to the photographer, Photos, or any of the details about this then we have nothing. Anyone can take some scraps of paper stock, Lego Bricks, plastic sheets, or whatever and make a small set. After doing this they can then take a badly done picture, go on the Internet, and make claims about what it is that they have.

Since secureteam 10 is both a known HOAXer, and have more then a few times been called out for just "making it up" while trying to get views. Anything they post should be looked at as entertainment only. If they were willing to provide the original photos (or picture data) as well as provide access to the person who "gave" it to them, then that would be different. Since they don't, then you or anyone should just look at them as (stated above) entertainment.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I really disagree that Secureteam has been discredited as a hoaxer. At worst, he's been fooled by a very small handful of fake videos. (Some people don't have the best eye for spotting CGI.) .

At any rate, his channel has pretty much the best ratio of authentic content, of all YT channels.

You guys really couldn't cherry-pick videos that discredit him, if you tried.

I've seen ALL his videos. I'd say less than maybe 6 or 10 vids have some content that seems to be CGI, which seemed to genuinely fool him.

There's none of the blatant CGI-fest of Third Phase and other channels like that.
edit on 20-5-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is NOT the only picture claimed to be taken inside an alien craft.

I can recall seeing two others right here on ATS.

One, I believe, turned out to be from inside a nightclub.

The other, if I recall correctly, turned out to be a close-up of the knee area of someone's blue jeans.

...and that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are many more.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

After a quick look there is:
"HUMAN-Eating" Robots Secretly Deployed?
They Dwell In The Lightning...
They're Not What You Think...
Did An ALIEN Vehicle Create This?
THIS Just Happened Above Earth
IS THIS An Alien Satellite In Deep Space?

I think you get the idea.

My point being that taking things out of context, failing to vet your sources, and reposting known HOAXes are some of the resasons why secureteam 10 should be viewed as entertainment only. Just because they don't use all CGI, but rather just repost stuff already out there, doesn't mean that they are doing anyone any service for finding facts.

I'm not going to sit and go through hours of video, and debunk them piece by piece just to give them more views.
Your statement of;

At worst, he's been fooled by a very small handful of fake videos.

Is the problem, it's not a small handful. It's most. Sure it's not an issue of CGI, but I already stated what the issue is (see above in this post).

To be fair, I subscribe to a few youtube channels that are questionable in their facts, but I don't look at them as fact based videos, but rather entertainment. That's where I feel secureteam 10 should be put too.

So I discredit them as a HOAXer, just due to the fact that they fail to vet their sources and repost known HOAXes.They may/may not be involved in creating HOAXes, but they are involved with helpign to spread them.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete
In this particular case, the original photos were never published, anywhere other than Secureteam10's video, apparently.

If Secureteam10 had access to the photos and was allowed to published them in video format why not publish copies of the original files? That would make things easier for investigators.

However I have not gotten the impression that the video format itself had degraded the photos. They are just very dark photos... Secureteam10's vid is HD (720p, which is probably as good as we can expect from 2013), and the camera-generated numbers in the bottom-right corner, actually show that the photo is pretty clear. (In other words, the photo should be as clear as those camera numbers are clear.)

It doesn't work like that. First of all, video uses a different colour space, in this case (at least in the MP4 version I just downloaded from YouTube) it's YUV, while digital photos use RGB. Any conversion loses the most subtle details, and if you open a screen grab from the video and put it on an image editor you can see it has only 5836. Just to have an idea, I opened a very dark photo I took in 2009 (darker than the supposed photo taken inside the UFO) and it has 6021 colours.

Can anyone honestly see video-degrading effects in those bottom-right numbers? Aren't they quite clear, and doesn't that show that the whole photo is quite clear?

The only to be sure would be comparing it with the original.

Is video degradation just being suggested as a general criticism toward any photo shown in any video?

Yes, as photos have more quality than video, and just the fact that the two formats use different colour spaces and compression methods any conversion creates new artefacts and loses detail, specially considering most people create videos with automated processes that are good for general purpose videos but not good for a specific photo.

Any honest researcher that knows what he/she is doing would never use a video of a photo to make a honest analysis without pointing those facts.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Re: Knocking Secureteam10: I honestly don't believe that people can be distrustful against him. The channel is just one guy by the way.

I know it's just one guy, and that's irrelevant. I don't trust him because of what I have published on that channel.

I don't think he has been correct about 100% of his content, but I think he is honest about his interpretations, and that's as much as we could ask of anyone.

Honesty is important, but the most important is being honest with ourselves, so if we do not know how to do things we should give the tools we have to those that know. In cases like this one it would mean publishing the photos in their original format.

The few vids that seemed off, I figured he still believed in what he was saying, regardless that I didn't agree.
I'm not interested in other people's opinions about the videos/photos, I want to be able to analyse them in the best conditions.

There's really no reason to knock his channel, and it's consistent high-quality content.

That's your opinion, my opinion about the quality of the channel's content is different.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I have no real choice but to believe Billy Meiers because , well as absurd as it may sound , I met the same people that he has portrayed in drawings. Something very mysterious is happening at the very least.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Unfortunately no, because the source apparently wished to remain anonymous, which isn't hard to imagine that she didn't want a ton of people contacting her.

The video from Secureteam10 says:

Over the years, our source has made several attempts to contact both national media, as well as her local TV news station, WWLTV of New Orleans. None would publish her story.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Do you know what I think is strange? The aspect ratio of the photo.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
from the start of the video:

this picture comes from secureteam

-_-

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

winner winner chicken dinner

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

there was one too from the friendship contactee case from the 50's in italy

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

On the positive side, we can rule out any idea of the source making a hoax to make money or become famous or whatever.

Maybe but we can't rule out that Tyler may have created the picture and story for his channel and its viewers.

That's true too; maybe SecureTeam made up everything.

However, like I said in another post, even if this woman really did take a picture in 2004 of what she claims is the inside an alien spaceship, and even if she waiting 9 years to give it to SecureTeam witth her story, that does not make it true. Just because she is not seeking fame or money does NOT mean that she didn't make it up. People make up stories for the strangest reasons.

edit on 20/5/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
This is NOT the only picture claimed to be taken inside an alien craft.

I can recall seeing two others right here on ATS.

One, I believe, turned out to be from inside a nightclub.

The other, if I recall correctly, turned out to be a close-up of the knee area of someone's blue jeans.

...and that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are many more.

Well can you please post links.

The photo that the thread is based on, was presented as the only photo of the inside of a craft. And it was the only one I had heard of.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

After a quick look there is:
"HUMAN-Eating" Robots Secretly Deployed?
They Dwell In The Lightning...
They're Not What You Think...
Did An ALIEN Vehicle Create This?
THIS Just Happened Above Earth
IS THIS An Alien Satellite In Deep Space?

I think you get the idea.

My point being that taking things out of context, failing to vet your sources, and reposting known HOAXes are some of the resasons why secureteam 10 should be viewed as entertainment only. Just because they don't use all CGI, but rather just repost stuff already out there, doesn't mean that they are doing anyone any service for finding facts.

I'm not going to sit and go through hours of video, and debunk them piece by piece just to give them more views.
Your statement of;

At worst, he's been fooled by a very small handful of fake videos.

Is the problem, it's not a small handful. It's most. Sure it's not an issue of CGI, but I already stated what the issue is (see above in this post).

To be fair, I subscribe to a few youtube channels that are questionable in their facts, but I don't look at them as fact based videos, but rather entertainment. That's where I feel secureteam 10 should be put too.

So I discredit them as a HOAXer, just due to the fact that they fail to vet their sources and repost known HOAXes.They may/may not be involved in creating HOAXes, but they are involved with helpign to spread them.

I understand that you're criticizing his titles a bit. I agree that the titles can be a bit sensationalistic but the content is solid, as the thing that really matters.

I also agree that Tyler is not vetting every source, because that's just not what he's doing. He is receiving tons of emails everyday and he chooses the ones that he finds most compelling. He can't do that and also thoroughly vet everyone who emails him everyday.

I'm surprised you'd say MOST of his content is hoax. I'd definitely say that MOST of his content is legit, and I believe that he is honest about believing what he says and what he posts in his videos.

edit on 20-5-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The most important video (vid #1) doesn't work. What is mysteriously preventing us from seeing it?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

In this particular case, the original photos were never published, anywhere other than Secureteam10's video, apparently.

If Secureteam10 had access to the photos and was allowed to published them in video format why not publish copies of the original files? That would make things easier for investigators.

However I have not gotten the impression that the video format itself had degraded the photos. They are just very dark photos... Secureteam10's vid is HD (720p, which is probably as good as we can expect from 2013), and the camera-generated numbers in the bottom-right corner, actually show that the photo is pretty clear. (In other words, the photo should be as clear as those camera numbers are clear.)

It doesn't work like that. First of all, video uses a different colour space, in this case (at least in the MP4 version I just downloaded from YouTube) it's YUV, while digital photos use RGB. Any conversion loses the most subtle details, and if you open a screen grab from the video and put it on an image editor you can see it has only 5836. Just to have an idea, I opened a very dark photo I took in 2009 (darker than the supposed photo taken inside the UFO) and it has 6021 colours.

Can anyone honestly see video-degrading effects in those bottom-right numbers? Aren't they quite clear, and doesn't that show that the whole photo is quite clear?

The only to be sure would be comparing it with the original.

Is video degradation just being suggested as a general criticism toward any photo shown in any video?

Yes, as photos have more quality than video, and just the fact that the two formats use different colour spaces and compression methods any conversion creates new artefacts and loses detail, specially considering most people create videos with automated processes that are good for general purpose videos but not good for a specific photo.

Any honest researcher that knows what he/she is doing would never use a video of a photo to make a honest analysis without pointing those facts.

I definitely agree that it would be best if the original photo was available to everyone.

But I think it's a stretch to say that he is dishonest, automatically, because he made a video about a photo.

I won't debate the technical details, and the exact number of colors that you mentioned, re: video versus photos. But I will say again that the video is Hi-Def, 720p, and it was posted in 2013. So I think the HD quality was considered great in 2013.

Plus my point stands about looking at the bottom right numbers: Do they look clear? Yes. Perfect? Maybe not, but the numbers look almost crystal-clear, anyway. (Especially for a few yrs ago.)

My guess about why the original photo isn't available, is that he probably didn't think about it, back in 2013...

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2

I have no real choice but to believe Billy Meiers because , well as absurd as it may sound , I met the same people that he has portrayed in drawings. Something very mysterious is happening at the very least.

I'm actually inclined to believe in a lot of the things that he touched on -- like I believe there are probably blonde Nordic type aliens, as reported by many different people.

I just don't believe in the guy himself, even if I might believe in the topics that he touched on...

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Unfortunately no, because the source apparently wished to remain anonymous, which isn't hard to imagine that she didn't want a ton of people contacting her.

The video from Secureteam10 says:

Over the years, our source has made several attempts to contact both national media, as well as her local TV news station, WWLTV of New Orleans. None would publish her story.

Okay...?

The same video also says that when she submitted to Secureteam, she chose to remain anonymous.

You seem to think you're pointing out a contradiction, but you're not. lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join