It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Cut Fueling Records Stock Buybacks- not working Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
a reply to: CB328

Just wondering, why would a company invest in itself? Unless maybe they saw potential growth. Wow, I bet that additional growth might trickle down to the middle and lower class in the form of raises and other incentives. Not to mention, a strong work force is the component that helps a company grow, and well... with the low unemployment, doesn't that mean businesses are going to have to pay a premium to keep their work force strong? Now if we could just close the border to illegal workers

"might trickle down" ?? Come on.. Even Ronny Raygun is giggling on that one..

So mark Me down in COVERING YOUR BET...

The "raises" You mentioned did happen... To the Board Members.

Same thing during the "Automakers Bailout"...

That is what this is. A "Bailout" for Herr Dwerp and all the other GREEDY TURDS.

'trickle down'.....hahahahahaha

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
as usual, the democrats will have to come in and raise the taxes that were previously cut to the rich MotherFkrs....thanks republicans.....your motto still stands....me me me....f the rest of the country

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Simple. You're either a member of Congress or a cartel kingpin.

Until Trump came along, they were both working together.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
Until Trump came along, they were both working together.

Yeah, the flow of drugs has completely dried up.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
How else could you get a job that pays 120,000/year and after 6 years walk out with tens of millions!

Simple. You're either a member of Congress or a cartel kingpin.

Redundant.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CB328

No matter how often you say it, no matter how many times it is repeated. . .

Tax cuts are a good thing. Having more while the government takes less is a good thing.

If you really want government to have more of your money, then give it to them.

But keep your god-damned hands off of my money.

'Kay?

Hows that great American infrastructure going? Last time I checked not so well.
Better yet, pay less tax, rich get rich, poor get poorer, and your only 'great' aspect will slowly diminish, the military.
But, hey, you get to buy a fancy car, boat, top of the line cell phone, or throw some extra cash into your retirement. Forget about anyone else, screw them, not like society and community planning is worth anything.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
as usual, the democrats will have to come in and raise the taxes that were previously cut to the rich MotherFkrs....thanks republicans.....your motto still stands....me me me....f the rest of the country

Come on, Jimmy! You really think that raising the standard tax deductions from $6,350 to $12,000 for individuals and $12,700 to $24,000 for married people filing jointly only benefited the "rich MotherFkrs"? Do you work?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Come on, Jimmy! You really think that raising the standard tax deductions from $6,350 to $12,000 for individuals and $12,700 to $24,000 for married people filing jointly only benefited the "rich MotherFkrs"? Do you work?

I did...retired now.....why don't you go ask the people that were getting interest deductions on their mortgage that the republicans decided to eliminate.....I guess those people are real happy

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Actually, us rich mofos didn't get much of a tax cut. Trust me.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Actually, us rich mofos didn't get much of a tax cut. Trust me.

I got a whole $68 a month. I barely noticed a change.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
I got a whole $68 a month. I barely noticed a change.

Lucky you.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
How about those gas prices eh? They will get your money back one way or another. How much tax do you think is on a gallon of gas? 64.6% perhaps.

$2.42 for a pound of tomatoes. wtf...

State sales taxes will skyrocket...there goes your pitiful tax cut.
.88 cents here for a lb and I pay 2.43 a gallon.

You old farts don't scare us 😘, just, hurry up already 😏.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I did...retired now.....why don't you go ask the people that were getting interest deductions on their mortgage that the republicans decided to eliminate.....I guess those people are real happy

Exactly how familiar were you with how mortgage interest rates are deducted and who really benefits?

Here's a guide...

www.investopedia.com...

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
money.cnn.com...

Just read the link provided by the OP. It shows we were right, that the tax cut would mostly ONLY benefit the rich.

Trump's talk about job growth and investment has not happened.

You've been scammed again. The GOP has always lied and scammed to convince the public to give the rich more, now they have a true leader of lying and deceiving, unlike anyone they've ever had.

Buybacks are clearly booming, more than 5.5 million employees received a tax cut bonus, pay raises or 401(k) hikes, according to the White House. But business spending -- the stated goal of the tax law -- has not significantly accelerated, at least not yet.

Related: Tax cut will drive innovation, ex-Home Depot CEO says

One broad measure of business spending, real nonresidential fixed investment, rose by 6.1% during the first quarter. That's solid growth signaling a strong economy. However, it was roughly in-line with the past several quarters. It even marked a slight deceleration from the final three months of 2017.

That means companies have not significantly boosted spending on equipment, factories and other investments that create jobs and boost wages.

Some economists aren't surprised that the early windfall of the tax cuts is going to Wall Street, instead of Main Street. They note that companies have long had access to tons of cash.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Most companies don't "boost significant spending on equipment" until closer to the end of their fiscal year when they get a better idea of how much they're going to end up grossing/netting at the end of it.

As the article states, there hasn't been much of a change "yet" because we've only seen the results of the first quarter.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: CB328
The rich get richer, the poor get nothing, or at least very little. This tax cut was sold as help for the middle class but I don't know anyone who has benefitted yet from it. Corporations and rich people are making out like bandits, however, which is hardly surprising since that's what most of them are. Now as they cut government services to pay for the cuts more and more people are going to slide into poverty, how ironic.

money.cnn.com...

It helped me by almost 5k per year
Hope the dims run on raising taxes

You see, liberals don't look at things like rational human beings.
If a liberal got $5k but someone else got $10k, they actually see it as $2.5k taken from them. They would literally rather not have the $5k than have someone else get more, whether that person deserves it or not.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This tax cut was sold as help for the middle class but I don't know anyone who has benefitted yet from it.

Hi, nice to meet you.

Now you know someone that has.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Exactly how familiar were you with how mortgage interest rates are deducted and who really benefits?

Here's a guide...

www.investopedia.com...

middle and lower middle income people buying a house, like my wife and I did.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

not all states have sales tax i know mine does not, each one of my 3 low income tenants saw a larger return then they were used to and they are pretty far from high up the economic ladder

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

middle and lower middle income people buying a house, like my wife and I did.

Here is a quote from the link I gave you...

"Taxpayers that do not have deductions that add up to more than the standard deduction amounts do not get to itemize their deductions. Taxpayers who do not have enough deductions to qualify for itemization get no benefit from paying interest on their mortgages. Don't forget - nearly half of all homeowners with mortgages fall into this category."

If you look at how mortgage interest is written off, you come out ahead with the standard deduction than you would if you tried to itemize anyway. In fact, if nearly half of all homeowners in 2016 weren't able to write off their mortgage interest because of the amount of the standard deduction they were getting anyway, it probably means there are a lot more people that will reap the benefits of the raised standard deduction without having to itemize and still come out ahead.

edit on 20-5-2018 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join