It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hannity Suggests Government Monitoring of All Students to Protect Schools

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't see how some Republicans can be against gun control, yet are for locking down schools and government surveillance of social media posts. I'm glad to see that not all Republicans on here are for those things.

But think about this - would you want the government to monitor your social media posts? What about your ATS posts? Don't you think something you've said would trigger an investigation or consequences? I've seen what some of you post on here, come on. I've seen what I've posted on here. The government uses profiling in a lot of cases like this, so all they have to do is see that you are an outlier and then BAM!
edit on 20amSun, 20 May 2018 11:52:55 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I don't see how some Republicans can be against gun control, yet are for locking down schools and government surveillance of social media posts. I'm glad to see that not all Republicans on here are for those things.

But think about this - would you want the government to monitor your social media posts? What about your ATS posts? Don't you think something you've said would trigger an investigation or consequences? I've seen what some of you post on here, come on. I've seen what I've posted on here.
Idk, ask someone from EU, Eng or China. Their post are always monitored.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

In your best case scenario where guns are confiscated you are decades away from stopping kids being shot.

Where do I propose "confiscating guns?" It is disturbing how the NRA has brainwashed people into believing they know what others think. The owner of the guns used in this incident should be tried as an accessory. If this sort of prosecution happens enough maybe even the stupidest gun owners will start locking their guns up when not in use for hunting or target practice. Is that a terrible violation of your constitutional rights?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Right, especially in China, but I don't agree with the system set into place there. They even rank people based on things like their purchases and their choice of friends. These rankings are then used to determine whether or not someone can catch a flight, move to a certain area, get a loan, etc.

As for the EU, I see no evidence of mass mandatory surveillance of social media posts like that proposed by Hannity on all school children in the U.S. I did find that they can be monitored if there is probable cause and that it was recommended that legitimately fake news (not simply biased news) be filtered out. I am open to exploring this further if anyone wants to provide links.
edit on 20pmSun, 20 May 2018 12:00:26 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Right, especially in China, but I don't agree with the system set into place there. They even rank people based on things like their purchases and their choice of friends. These rankings are then used to determine whether or not someone can catch a flight, move to a certain area, get a loan, etc.
Isn't that the kind of dystopic society we've all been conditioned to fear?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Are you suggesting we shouldn't fear it? Like we should be all for it? I'm just checking to see what you meant.
edit on 20pmSun, 20 May 2018 12:03:18 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
They need stronger and powerful mental testing.

It's there, but they are scared of what they'll find !!

😎🔐

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I would prefer mental case management.

97% of psychiatrists agree.

😎🚬

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Hannity has a good triggering session ongoing and people are falling for it hard.

BwaaaaHaHaHa

Wake up

The Democrats would love to do this, but now that a Conservative suggests it, they have no choice but to back away 😃

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
people who have brains might say it's more appropriate to "monitor" those who buy guns.

Especially unregistered guns obtained illegally by criminals.

😃🚬

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Sean Hannity is an enemy of the people --- Who is a pro right wing radical fascist, that seemingly supports a right wing Orwellian police state; as performed by the right wing radical goons & henchmen of the Trump dictatorship!

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
Sean Hannity is an enemy of the people --- Who is a pro right wing radical fascist, that seemingly supports a right wing Orwellian police state; as performed by the right wing radical goons & henchmen of the Trump dictatorship!

He says he's against the Obama-FBI-Spy agenda.

BwaaaaHaHaHa

😃

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Erno86

He says he's against the Obama-FBI-Spy agenda.

BwaaaaHaHaHa

😃

I'm vocally against the right wing radical idolatry support of the Trump administration.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Hi UKTruth: I agree totally about the security measures you suggest, just like going into a courtroom or any other government office building. I went to my local HUD federal office one time to speak to someone, and because it is a Federal building, I went through a metal detector, my purse was searched, and I was treated to a TSA type of body scan with a hand held device. I'm not saying it needs to be this tight, perhaps, but certainly these aren't places where "disgurntled employees' or a pissed off population is going to get a foothold and do any damage...
regards, tetra

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is a good idea, will find if any students are in any death cults using social media. Then they can be separated from the student body. Parents informed, counseling, special education etc.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Heh,If a Liberal proposed that idea,Helmet hair Hannity would throw a fit..Fckin punk.
edit on 20-5-2018 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
This is a good idea, will find if any students are in any death cults using social media. Then they can be separated from the student body. Parents informed, counseling, special education etc.

I hope you realize that your avatar would make you a prime candidate for that treatment. But I guess your faith in the government would weigh in your favor.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
a reply to: UKTruth

Hi UKTruth: I agree totally about the security measures you suggest, just like going into a courtroom or any other government office building. I went to my local HUD federal office one time to speak to someone, and because it is a Federal building, I went through a metal detector, my purse was searched, and I was treated to a TSA type of body scan with a hand held device. I'm not saying it needs to be this tight, perhaps, but certainly these aren't places where "disgurntled employees' or a pissed off population is going to get a foothold and do any damage...
regards, tetra

Would you like to live in a world where you have to consent to a search everywhere you went? Movie theaters, shopping malls, public parks... anywhere a deranged gunman might consider a "soft target." That is the world the NRA is conditioning you for.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

"every school district needs to have some person that monitor's every kid's social media postings,"

Great Idea ! How about Local Law Enforcement and the F.B.I. doing that ? Novel Idea , huh ?

I thought they already did that on the regular?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Hannity jumped the shark on that one. Parents need to be monitoring their kids online activities, not the schools. Parents don't though. Too much bother until they get a call from the morgue or the police.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join