It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hannity Suggests Government Monitoring of All Students to Protect Schools

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Source

SEAN HANNITY (HOST): It's not a gun issue. Every time it happens, the worse -- it's always a different gun. So that's not the issue here. The issue here -- well, there is some issues with gun safety, you can't let mentally ill people have guns. Criminals don't obey the laws by their very nature. We also have to have, every school district needs to have some person that monitor's every kid's social media postings, maybe they need two people. This is a reality now that they're telegraphing what they're going to do. Terrorists do it. These school shooters do it.

Security over liberty?

Maybe we should just keep doing what we've been doing. Nothing. We'll just do nothing.

Or ban doors.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

"every school district needs to have some person that monitor's every kid's social media postings,"

Great Idea ! How about Local Law Enforcement and the F.B.I. doing that ? Novel Idea , huh ?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I don't agree with this, but it's not an invasion of privacy. Kids have/are growing up in a society that puts every aspect of their lives online for world to see, even posting what they eat for God's sake, so they can't claim anyone is "spying" on them.
We are not doing "nothing" There are laws against murder. There are laws against a minor having/buying guns and there are laws against having a firearm on school grounds. Everything these monsters have done, there are laws against it.
There are also laws against texting and driving, but folks don't seem to mind that 11 kids per day/4,000 kids a year die doing it.
School shootings are mind numbingly horrible. Period.
But 10 - 15 dying at once is sudden and shocking, while 11 dying every day in car accidents all over the U.S. is not, because it's a few here and there and it's only covered in local news, not blared on MSM for days on end. If 11 kids were killed together in the same bus accident every day due to the driver texting and driving, would we hear the same cry to ban phones as we do against guns?
No. We wouldn't. We'd just hear about stronger enforcement of existing laws.
Gun control is not about " saving children's lives" and it's not about guns, it's about control.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

If this is a good idea, then we should do this to EVERYONE. And once they are a threat, we can do what Trump said, we can take their guns and then do "due process". I think Hannity and Trump are on to something here. LOL!

What in the world is going on with the Right right now.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
If only there were somebody who was supposed to be responsible for doing this type of thing. There used to be a word for it. Pa... Parrot? Patents? Parents! That's it! Maybe we could get parents to either pay attention to what their kids are posting online, or maybe they even have the authority to restrict kids access to social media altogether.

It's so crazy it just might work.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Erm, what exactly is the problem with monitoring freely given and public information?????

The solution is simple and has already been discussed.
Put security at school entry points - the same as is already in place at office buildings all around the world and have armed guards on site 24/7.
The solution certainly is not to ban guns as that is impossible unless there is a way of making hundreds of millions of guns disappear overnight.
The one group who do NOT want a solution are those that use the death of kids to drive their politics.
edit on 20/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
If only there were somebody who was supposed to be responsible for doing this type of thing. There used to be a word for it. Pa... Parrot? Patents? Parents! That's it! Maybe we could get parents to either pay attention to what their kids are posting online, or maybe they even have the authority to restrict kids access to social media altogether.

Naw... That's just crazy talk!!!

I really don't know why parents think it's a good idea to give kids unsupervised and unlimited access to phones -- and all they entail -- to begin with. Except that too many parents are addicted to the technology themselves, and throw basic common courtesy and respect out the window when it comes to their phone, as well as simple safety. Long before my kids had a cell phone, their dad had one, and they knew I wouldn't talk to him if he was driving... And my kids won't talk/text on their phones while driving either. I also know that they will not be so rude as to talk on their cell phones while conducting business -- such as ordering at a restaurant, or checking out with a cashier, or anything like that. Nor would they ever pull out their cell phones while we're having dinner or even visiting. But it's amazing how many people do...

I'm also surprised sometimes at how angry people will get at me for not having my phone handy every minute of the day. If I'm working outside, I don't take my phone with me. Why would I? I'm busy. My hands are all grubby and grimy and I wouldn't want to answer it anyway. I might if my kids were still young and I needed to be available for emergencies, but they aren't... and even then, I'd ignore any calls that weren't an emergency anyway. And not apologize for it.

All this to say that the current cell phone culture is crazy itself! I guess it's no wonder kids aren't given any controls or limits because the parents refuse to control or limit themselves.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Hannity is an idiot.

2nd line.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
How about we just use a perimeter. Like a courthouse?

The sticker saying no guns doesn't seem to work.

Oh wait this isn't about solving problems. It's about using tragedy to secure the party bases.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
How about we just use a perimeter. Like a courthouse?

The sticker saying no guns doesn't seem to work.

Oh wait this isn't about solving problems. It's about using tragedy to secure the party bases.

You can say that about either party.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's why I said. Party baseS..

They love this. One side wants guns banned the other wants to make marines out of teachers or put security every 75 feet.

It's pretty simple. If you know theiare no guns in the school other than the security it's pretty hard to have a shooting. Shootings in courthouses are very rare. Now the protocol for entry may be different but it's certainly possible.
edit on 20-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen

OMG!!! WHat's WRONG with you??? PARENTING???? The supplier if the egg and sperm are too busy for that.... (sarcasm on.....)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Put security at school entry points - the same as is already in place at office buildings all around the world and have armed guards on site 24/7.

Yes, get children used to being treated like prisoners. Once schools get hermetically sealed, shooters will have to go to parks and malls to kill people. Then parks and malls will need to search everyone. Pretty soon, every public space will become a prison. Aren't you glad you have the right to bear arms? Too bad you won't be able to have that right in public spaces.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes, get children used to being treated like prisoners. Once schools get hermetically sealed, shooters will have to go to parks and malls to kill people. Then parks and malls will need to search everyone. Pretty soon, every public space will become a prison. Aren't you glad you have the right to bear arms? Too bad you won't be able to have that right in public spaces.

In your best case scenario where guns are confiscated you are decades away from stopping kids being shot.

So in turn your solution is not only unconstitutional but doesn't actually work.

You can create an entry protocol that doesn't feel like going to prison. In fact having officers all over campus is already happening. You could reduce that with a perimeter.

So while you fight with gun owners for the next two dozen years and wait for a constitutional conventions. More kids die.

It's not a practical solution. It's an ideological one.
edit on 20-5-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
So it was never about Guns!
it was about Government Monitoring.

get the kid use't to it.
so in 20 years when we ALL have to have Government
Monitoring we will have most see it as normal.

odd thing is GCHQ, CIA have been monitoring for years.
doing a great job aren't they! NOT.
they Just do to to Control the people.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

If 11 kids were killed together in the same bus accident every day due to the driver texting and driving, would we hear the same cry to ban phones as we do against guns?
No. We wouldn't. We'd just hear about stronger enforcement of existing laws.
Gun control is not about " saving children's lives" and it's not about guns, it's about control.

Wow. Very well said. I couldn't agree more. I dont think any one should be monitoring the kids social media other than their parents. And if the parents are incapable of doing it then the kids shouldn't have it in the first place.
edit on 20-5-2018 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Now you're okay with FBI spying huh?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
people who have brains might say it's more appropriate to "monitor" those who buy guns.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I have pointed out several times over the last few months that cell phones kill more teens in one year than all school shootings combined, but the anti gun crowd keeps pushing the same old tired " gun control" idea.
Why is that?
You want to protect the kids right? I mean, this is what the anti gun crowd keeps harping on..." We Must Save The Children!!"
So why aren't we banning cell phones purchases/possesion for anyone under 21?

Looking at this, one would start to think this more about a political agenda than saving lives.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Perhaps an "ethics" class at school that teach young minds about the current world and political climate.

However, we first must dispense with the liberal agenda first as they have been known to politicize most institutions.

<<   2  3 >>

join