It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thin, flexible, organic, printed electronic devices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This company has developed a organic flexible display that uses OLED tech. It would be cool to have this stuff in your house as wall paper or a huge TV that is thin as a few pieces of paper or in an airplane on the ceiling of in the passenger cabin so you can see thru to the sky, how cool would it be to see the stars at night thru the ceiling and the walls.

you would have to have the option of turning it off as i can imagine some people would not enjoy it.

or maybe as the super lightweight skin on an aircraft to make optical camouflage.

i dont think it is super developed yet but at the very lest they could use it for cell phones with hard to break screens(due to flexing or dropping it)

edit on 20-5-2018 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Sadly, these are OLED's so there is a preprinted display where segments are either on or off, not coloured pixels.

I'm still waiting for the time when we can get keyboards with programmable LCD keys. Maybe just have the keys be bluetooth powered and a 32x32 pixel display.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

sony has come up with paper thing color OLED tech. they demoed it by bending it around a spool.

i think the tech its self has many applications and as we get better at OLED and quantum dot displays we will have paper thing displays

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Nice find!
a reply to: penroc3

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
a reply to: stormcell

sony has come up with paper thing color OLED tech. they demoed it by bending it around a spool.

i think the tech its self has many applications and as we get better at OLED and quantum dot displays we will have paper thing displays

Definitely the future with super flat-screen TV's that are thinner than a wall painting:

www.digitaltrends.com...

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Meh.
I was at Kodak labs in the late 90's and they had developed LCD paint.
They were going to use it on food products to show ads, also tomorrows world demonstrated it for painting your wall for your TV.
Wonder what happened?????

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
s1.dmcdn.net...

Nothing new here....this is old tech....being re-invented.

Mona Lisa was found on the Moon wearing her flight suit....which helped her fly the ship using an organic interface.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-5-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join