It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent rapid 6 month rise in gasoline prices - Why and what do you pay in your area?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Just under $3 here in Southwest Michigan. I thik it was $2.96 but really haven't looked lately.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
Personally, I've noticed that gas prices jump every time there's an incident in the Middle East that freaks everyone out.

Within two days after pulling from the Iran agreement, gas prices here went from $2.39 per gallon to $2.89 a gallon before coming back down a day or two later to $2.73 per gallon and staying. Many analysts predicted that it would happen.

Great point!

It is one of the commodities that are immediately affected by the fact that an event occurred - long before any actual effects of that event are experienced. Often, there are no effects and the price jump had no basis other than fear.

Buckle up and welcome to the Wall Street mindset! We may not be players, but we are definitely the victims.

Sheep. Fodder for the grist mill...

smh

edit on 5/20/2018 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: Riffrafter

It was $3.04 for regular here at citgo in New Hartford NY.

Where is New Hartford, NY? I lived in either NY or CT most of my life and that name hits both bells...

edit on 5/20/2018 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: korath
It goes up because the oil companies know there's not a damn thing anybody can do about it.

True for the most part. But the office of the President can (and has in the past).

Remember Nixon's price controls on gasoline during the Arab Oil Embargo?

Depending on who you talked to, it was either a great success or a belly flopping failure. What I remember most were the long lines for gasoline...people would sleep in their cars rather than lose their place in line. What a fiasco...

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
$2.90 here, was $2.20.

Not too worried about it. I use a tank every 2 weeks so that amounts to $188 per year.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

$3.45 for regular at Costco here in Temecula Ca. Add about .30 cents at the other "big" gas stations.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Gasoline officially hits $5 a gallon in NY.

Gas hits $5 a gallon in the U.S.

It looks like this summer is going to be far worse for drivers than last summer regarding pain at the pump for their summer outings.

Buckle up kiddies - it's starting to get pretty rough out there...

edit on 5/23/2018 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
When gas prices go up people have to change their behavior. They have to plan their errands and outings more efficiently, and sometimes just stay home. People will reduce, reuse, and recycle more. This is due to the cost of living, it will go up. It will cost more to transport goods around the planet. The planet's temperature will drop if less people are driving. Less pollution from people throwing their garbage out the car windows. Plastics made from oil will also go up in expense. This is another reason to recycle the plastic. Back when George W. Bush was in office gas was at $4.12 after Hurricane Katrina. People quit their jobs that were too far to drive to. Then the nation and world were plunged into the Deep Recession... Car pool when you can, buy efficient small cars, plan your errands, go less places, invent new cars that are used on renewable energy. A car in sunny areas could run off solar panels maybe.

We all are going to have to change our ways Global warming is real, and it is going to get really bad. The poison ivy in my yard is now on steroids from the CO2. It grows to be thirty feet tall up the trees. The leaves are as big as my hand. It is horrible and spreads more. All over my bushes. It has gotten really bad in the twelve years I have lived here. The poison is more poisonous and spreads more easily. Gardeners tend to notice changes more than other people do.

Our storms are more violent, the trees just fall over in the rain now. We just had a microburst hit the neighbor hood knocking over at least five trees per lot. One person lost twenty. A car was smashed, the telephone pole collapsed in three pieces, a large three foot diameter tree fell across the street, someone's garage got smashed.... It wasn't even on the news... It was crazy! It all happened in two minutes. I had five trees fall over, lost shingles, had ten wheel barrow loads of sticks dropped, and about a thousand pine cones thrown down. The weird thing was twenty trucks showed up to help clean up the damage with in an hour. That was weird. We were with out power for two days. It's like the officials know that climate stuff is happening. So... maybe the gas issue is about controlling human behavior to reduce climate change without a panic.
edit on 23-5-2018 by frugal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join