It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Brainstorm Green Needle Laurel Yanni - Pacifiers, Practice And Metaphysical Aches

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Nope, it's a science fact. One filter, one way.

It's in the OP, or you can look it up yourself.

Either way, it stays a fact.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

So for the spinning dancer video I posted, you can't make your brain perceive the dancer spin the other direction just by "willing it" to do so?

I suppose you can argue that "willing my brain" to see the dancer spin the other direction is equal to "looking at it through another filter" (so to speak), but that just seems to show that these so-called filters are so incredibly complex, and the mechanisms behind perception are so equally complex, that the end result still remains that our brains can perceive the same input different ways on different occasions without us even consciously realizing that the brain is perceiving that input differently each time.

edit on 21/5/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Nope.

Again...

Look it up if you don't believe me.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: Pearj

So for the spinning dancer video I posted, you can't make your brain perceive the dancer spin the other direction just by "willing it" to do so?

I suppose you can argue that "willing my brain" to see the dancer spin the other direction is equal to "looking at it through another filter" (so to speak), but that just seems to show that these so-called filters are so incredibly complex, and the mechanisms behind perception are so equally complex, that the end result still remains that our brains can perceive the same input different ways on different occasions without us even consciously realizing that the brain is perceiving that input differently each time.

I wouldn't waste my time arguing with Pearj. He will never admit that he could be wrong about anything and as you can see, it doesn't have to be even ME-related. He just doesn't have any flaws like that

There's no use explaining or presenting facts (see for example Airliner Engines thread).

It also seems pretty clear that he has found a meaning to his adult life with this whole Mandela Effect thing and he has started to act more and more like a mentor - or even a messiah - for the ME people, so we are far beyond the point where he would admit that there is a possibility that he could be wrong. Well, to each his own

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Subjective reality. All the lazy minded dull spirited pseudo hippies and spiritual posers embrace it "everyone has their own truth"

Generation Blue Ribbons is upon us. Everyone's a winner! That hamburger meat that turns to slime when the package is open, that imploded formaldehyde watermelon? There's nothing wrong with them its just not your preference!

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TISTBOTE

Each thread presents facts - facts aren't disputed.

Would you like to find an ME thread where an Effected person disputes facts?

...didn't think so.

It's ok to misunderstand the Mandela Effect - assuming I don't understand is on you.. Maybe that's an actual flaw - a flaw you have - to assume so much, then base decisions on it.

Go check out the Airliner thread - you'll see exactly what I mean.

...and we can go on and on - same things, different day. You'll either get bored telling people how they feel, like a few of the others have - or you'll find a more active 'debate partner'.

It's like trying to explain a complicated subject to a teenager that already knows it all. You're not going to hear me, so when you speak you're treated as such.

Understand the concept or not; ME is not going away - though your participation might.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Prene

You're simply wrong. More assuming - more misguided statements.

The Mandela Effect isn't going away folks...

That's reality.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prene
Subjective reality. All the lazy minded dull spirited pseudo hippies and spiritual posers embrace it "everyone has their own truth"...

I will say that, in a way, everyone does have their own truth. What I mean is that every person's brain perceives things slightly differently...and your own brain might not even perceive the same situation the same way twice.

However, that is a result of how our brains work, not the result of alternate realities or alternate timelines. Memory and perception is a really weird thing, and is affected by other experiences....

...That is to say, an experience I had 5 years ago may affect the recall of a memory from, say 10 years ago. Th recall of that 10 year old memory 10 years ago might be different than the recall of that 10-year old memory today, due to all of the other experiences I gave had since then.

The same goes for perception of a given event. I may perceive the same input from the same event twice -- once five year ago and once today. However, since my brain has had five additional years of experience between then and now, how my brain perceives that input will be different now compared to then.

<< 1   >>

join