It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theories that DO NOT follow the money..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I think if those in power were smart they would ..

I think the smartest people on the planet have been saying we should..

I do not think some massive effort to sustain the planet AT ALL matches the reality we see..

We are privatizing public land, rolling back epa regulations, opening more land to drilling and such, exc, exc,

However , there is no buisness profiting from cleaner water and air.. well those that do are in the vast minority..

How many lobbying dollars do you think are spent by eco groups vs. how many by big oil??

We no longer have monarchies that rule for centuries..

Now there are 4 year election cycles..

The real truth is there is no big authority watching out for the long term.. there are big authorities profiting off the raping and pillaging of the planet and citizens though..

And they are the same ones spending the most money lobbying..

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I will try to use your section divisions.

A) I don't own any automatic weapons but I have met many people that do through my gun club. I don't believe that you need a reason to buy an automatic weapon according to federal law. Maybe there is some state regulation where you live. There is a transfer tax to buy one and you need to store it in a gun safe. An ATF agent can come by for an inspection at any time. Some states require a reason to get a concealed carry permit. Maybe that's what you were thinking. I don't think you could call this a conspiracy. That starts when some group gets nervous about you being armed and tries to restrict your right to own a gun. Ok. First they restrict criminals even if they finish their time. They are still banned for life. Then they pass a law banning anyone with domestic violence, mental illness, people under a certain age, etc. Most of these laws are reasonable, maybe not all, but they keep trying for more and more restrictions. Ban handguns. Next year assault rifles. Then they add high taxes. Tax ammo. It just goes on and on until you are living in a place like Great Britain where they have pretty much taken all of your guns.

B) I really have no idea what you are talking about.

C) I don't see the climate change as a conspiracy unless you count countries that don't export oil trying to improve their position relative to the ones that do. European countries, for example, import oil. No one is bribing scientists to spin lies. They are trying to develop an industry that helps their economy. I don't believe the sky will fall if we don't have a carbon tax. I believe the hype to be exaggerated. I can understand how entire regions like Europe can benefit from switching energy from oil and gas to something else and trying to force the rest of the world to go along with this.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54
Yea I do that because I am to lazy to think up new transitional phrases and I hope it makes it easier to reply to..

I’m on my phone and the copy paste game gets frustrating.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

A) no I am saying that even a “ban” isn’t really a ban..

Pretending “well you have to actually file paperwork to get one , rather than it being a constitutional right” is an actual ban is part of their propaganda..

For a better example the proposed ban on assault rifles..

That would only cover the sale of newly manufactured assault rifles and would grandfather clause in all the millions already in circulation..

Aka nothing even resembling a ban and/or confiscation.

In some fictional universe where there was a legislative consensus to ban and confiscate guns (and there isn’t, nor has there ever been... it is literally political suicide to even propose it) there are no warm bodies willing to do it...

The military wouldn’t..

The cops wouldn’t..

It is literally a nonissue that the propaganda whores have made political hay out of for decades..

B) your assuming all hose various administrations that did “ban guns” are somehow connected..

When they are not..

C) I agree completely that a carbon tax would be squandered..

I doubt many would argue that point...

However the MAINSTREAM conservative opinion is that it is a fraud.. that the math behind it is a fraud and that humans are not effecting the climate..

Something that is ridiculous..

There is a reason all the scientists are Librals.. because conservatism is so chock full of logical fallacies smart people don’t buy..

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Here's a conspiracy for you. You wrote this post so you could drive your own narrative. You completely overlook the fact that Clinton gave Haliburton several no bid contracts and that Intelligence are the ones that said Iraq had WMD. Hell, Congress declared war.

You fail to mention that science is split on the subject of global warming and that government funded the studies that showed a warming trend. You don't even mention that historical data was tampered with to help skew the numbers in favor of global warming science.

You are to young to appreciate the Bolshevik Revolution and Communism, but you secretly wish for your Marxist eutopia, unwittingly expecting that it will favor you.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

The intelligence people the bush administration appointed said there were WMD’s..

Since then countless people including Colin Powell have come out and admitted it was all based on the flimsiest of evidence with countless intelligence officials saying that they didn’t have WMDs..

The pro-Iraq war intelligence officials were in the minority, but the president’s administration makes the choices..

B) I don’t know if the senate and congress are required to vote on who got the rebuild contract..

Even if they are it doesn’t change the fact it is the most corrupt act in modern political history to lie us into a war then give your own company the multi-billion dollar rebuild contract..

Democrats being paid off , bullied or bribed to vote for conservative policies is not a new thing..

Every democrat if asked will tell you citizens united is a horrible idea, but some still voted for it..

The difference is that it is a conservative policy that the conservatives championed and conservatives still pretend it is a good thing.

C) you have no idea what I wish for..

But I guess that is conservatism 101.. if you can’t think of a logical rebuttal compare your opponent to Stalin or whoever..

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

This is the type of gun laws we are looking at:

New gun restrictions are coming to California in 2018. Here’s what they mean to you

Expanded California Assault Weapon Ban Leaves Thousands Of Gun Owners In Limbo

In California, Confiscation Is No Longer A Threat. It’s The Law.

California gun confiscation law takes effect Jan. 1

I googled California assault weapons ban for the first two and California assault weapons confiscation for the next two. These links were taken right off the top of the first page. They are not hard to find.

The question is, after seeing this, are you going to keep repeating these statements that are not true?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: onthedownlow

C) you have no idea what I wish for..

But I guess that is conservatism 101.. if you can’t think of a logical rebuttal compare your opponent to Stalin or whoever..

No one knows what you think. These statements you have made here do sound Marxist.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

What did I say that mirrors Marxism?!?!

Nothing..

This thread is on conspiracy theories that do not make logical sense because there is about a gajillion Times more money being spent on the reverse side of the conspiracy..

Why??

Because conservative propaganda is obviously scripted for stupid people..

Just one debate or public speaking class that covers logical fallacies debunks all of conservatism...

Exibit A: guns don’t kill people people kill people..

Exibit B: government is the problem...

Exibit C: make America great again. (To be fair this works both ways.. “yes we can “ doesnt actually mean anything either)...

Exibit D: all the media that isn’t hard right are in a vast conspiracy to discredit conservatism..

Exibit E: all the scientists are in a vast conspiracy to fake climate change..

Exibit F: abortion is murder, but no one should be charged for murder, especially not the mother who willingly ended the pregnancy.

Exc...

If you list a conservative talking point. It almost certainly has its own funny little Latin name on the 3,000 year old list of logical fallacies we have had since Athens..

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

A) Every source you listed is a internet compilation site.. not an actual news source..

B) those are state/city laws not federal ones.. and on top of that I seriously doubt those BS sources are accurately representing the laws..

C) a ban doesn’t actually mean a ban.. it just means you have to fill out paperwork and maybe get a license before buying an assault rifle.. ..

You can get a tank in California if you get the right license..

How do you think they have automatic weapons and military hardware in movies???

Because someone filed the paperwork to have one..

Conclusion) It is a conservative rape fantasy so people can feel tough and self important by fantasizing about beating the US military with their Chinese knock off AK..

Aka it is propaganda meant to propagandize stupid people..

People unwilling to actually imagine the logistics required to actually pull the conspiracy off..

To confiscate all the guns you would need an army willing to do it.. there isn’t one..

To confiscate all the guns you would need legislative consensus.. no elected official in history has ever even proposed bannnung all the guns.. because it would be political suicide..

It is an issue that everyone agrees on . So the propaganda whores have fabricated a bad guy who doesn’t exist..

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

What did I say that mirrors Marxism?!?!

When you argue progressive politics you argue for Marxism.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

A) Every source you listed is a internet compilation site.. not an actual news source..

The Sacramento Bee - a newspaper

5 KPIX CBS SF Bay Area - CBS affiliate

NRA Institute for Legislative Action A valid source of news.

KRCR News Channel 7 Sinclair Broadcast Group California - TV station

B) those are state/city laws not federal ones.. and on top of that I seriously doubt those BS sources are accurately representing the laws..

Yes. Thy are local. I searched for California. Other, maybe less bad, laws exist in other states and are constantly proposed on the federal level. Whether state or federal, we all have to obey all the laws where we live.

C) a ban doesn’t actually mean a ban.. it just means you have to fill out paperwork and maybe get a license before buying an assault rifle.. ..

You can get a tank in California if you get the right license..

How do you think they have automatic weapons and military hardware in movies???

Because someone filed the paperwork to have one..

There are regulations banning people from owning guns. Hard bans on felons, etc. partly listed in an earlier post. There are constant attempts to expand this list, some not so reasonable. Last year we dealt with a regulation that if you were on Social Security and used a payee to handle your SS check, you were banned from owning a firearm.

It is not always easy to just fill out paperwork to get whatever you want. Not everyone can always meet the qualifications. For example, some of these fees are quite high and out of reach for lower income individuals.

Not many places in America where you can legally drive a tank down the road. Movies have multi billion dollar budgets and special departments with experts and lawyers to negotiate these regulations. Beyond the reach of most people.

Conclusion) It is a conservative rape fantasy so people can feel tough and self important by fantasizing about beating the US military with their Chinese knock off AK..

I'm not going into the rest of this rant. I would just like to note - I haven't called you stupid, let's keep it civil.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Everyone who’s not with us is against us right??? Right???

Lol

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

None of that equals a ban and confiscation..

No one has a problem with felons being restricted..

No one has a problem with full auto bans..

Or not enough people that they are taken seriously..

No elected official in American history has ever even proposed a total ban..

There is no army willing to do it..

It is a rape fantasy

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Guess you took my statement out of context... I was comparing you to one of the plebes.

Democrats being bribed or bullied? Like holding our military budget hostage in '04 by writing a trillion dollars in pet projects?

Pro Iraqi war intelligence officials were so convincing that Congress declared war.

One of your points was that Bush owned Haliburton? Liberalism 101... lie, smear, and misrepresent the facts

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Who said drive a tank on the road?!?!

You keep twisting the discussion to some random side issue that is irrelevant to the actual topic..

A ban and confiscation is the topic..

Not an full auto ban..

Nor this specific cities assault rifle ban..

It is a gajillion Times easier to get a single town’s legislators on board for something good or bad. Than it is to get the US legislation changed..

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I think we are starting to get into irrational territory here.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
"World domination" is a pretty common drive or theme, not a "vague sense of control." Control is an absolutely huge drive
for living beings, human and animal. It is hardly vague or ambiguous in the least. I am wondering about your age...

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

I will try to use your section divisions.

A) I don't own any automatic weapons but I have met many people that do through my gun club. I don't believe that you need a reason to buy an automatic weapon according to federal law. Maybe there is some state regulation where you live. There is a transfer tax to buy one and you need to store it in a gun safe. An ATF agent can come by for an inspection at any time. Some states require a reason to get a concealed carry permit. Maybe that's what you were thinking. I don't think you could call this a conspiracy. That starts when some group gets nervous about you being armed and tries to restrict your right to own a gun. Ok. First they restrict criminals even if they finish their time. They are still banned for life. Then they pass a law banning anyone with domestic violence, mental illness, people under a certain age, etc. Most of these laws are reasonable, maybe not all, but they keep trying for more and more restrictions. Ban handguns. Next year assault rifles. Then they add high taxes. Tax ammo. It just goes on and on until you are living in a place like Great Britain where they have pretty much taken all of your guns.

B) I really have no idea what you are talking about.

C) I don't see the climate change as a conspiracy unless you count countries that don't export oil trying to improve their position relative to the ones that do. European countries, for example, import oil. No one is bribing scientists to spin lies. They are trying to develop an industry that helps their economy. I don't believe the sky will fall if we don't have a carbon tax. I believe the hype to be exaggerated. I can understand how entire regions like Europe can benefit from switching energy from oil and gas to something else and trying to force the rest of the world to go along with this.

A) who is “they” lol..

There is no they.. that is an intangible term when there is no actual specific human(s) beings to point to..

My point was that disarming America is not a profitable thing..

It is the kinda thing that costs money to do..

People don’t perpetrate grand conspiracies so they can spend money o things with no chance at a return in their investment..

B) right wing propaganda pretends like there are only two groups..

Conservatives and everyone else..

That’s how greenpeace , the gay community, , Black Panthers and Muslim extrmists are al “the left” In The rightwing media narrative ..

Even though those groups are in no way connected..

That’s why the media is the “fake news MSM” when you are really talking about a thousand independent organizations..

C) saying that a carbon tax would be squandered is a fair analysis that I even agree with..

That is not however the rightwing narrative..

They claim it is a totally fake concept..

Democrats don’t agree on a carbon tax.. they agree that CO2 causes more heat and we are producing a bunch..

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

“World domination” is not a real motivation..

It is a cartoon motivation..

“Secure the oil reserves of the Middle East” is a real motivation..

Control or world domination are not real motivations..

They are intangible terms that people use when they don’t have a real motivation to assign to a conspiracy theiry.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join