It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there no 'Democrat Elite' pointed out?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hillary told Sanders to never run for President again while she's alive. Apparently, it was a powerful message, delivered in a powerful way.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: toysforadults
Bernie is raisibg money for the parry so he can buy a 4th house

Every politician...liberal and conservative is raising money to buy a 4th house. I don't think we have any congressmen or women that aren't rich. Why single bernie out?

Bernie gets 'singled out' due to it's so diametrically opposite from his political stances. The Irony of his actions raises the bar to new levels. JMO, though.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Every politician...liberal and conservative is raising money to buy a 4th house. I don't think we have any congressmen or women that aren't rich. Why single bernie out?

Bernie gets 'singled out' due to it's so diametrically opposite from his political stances. The Irony of his actions raises the bar to new levels. JMO, though.

Is it really though? His policies generally are aimed at helping Americans live a better life. He's not opposed to capitalism or becoming wealthy. Not sure why it's diametrically opposite? I don't see it. He never talks about giving people free things or taking things from other people...take Universal Healthcare for one...it's just a better way to spend MY tax money instead of the pentagon that's lost Trillions of dollars over the past few decades.
edit on 19-5-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

why hasn't a similar delineation happened within the Democrat party?

Because we are focused on stopping the greatest threat to our democracy in American history, or at least since the war of 1812.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Is it really though? His policies generally are aimed at helping Americans live a better life. He's not opposed to capitalism or becoming wealthy. Not sure why it's diametrically opposite? I don't see it. He never talks about giving people free things or taking things from other people...take Universal Healthcare for one...it's just a better way to spend MY tax money instead of the pentagon that's lost Trillions of dollars over the past few decades.

Got it. Your a Bernie supporter. He never talks about giving people free things?? Really? I'm not going to slide this thread into a general political discussion, though.

The key point that disqualifies Bernie is being a lapdog for the Democrat party and allowing himself to be subverted in the primaries without standing up for himself and pointing the underhanded acts of the Hillary run primaries. His IS Party elite and if elected President, I see no reason to think he wouldn't bend to TPTB just as compliantly as he just did. Forget his political views. He has no spine.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

why hasn't a similar delineation happened within the Democrat party?

Because we are focused on stopping the greatest threat to our democracy in American history, or at least since the war of 1812.

Maybe. Then again, using that 'threat' as a deflection from the realities of that Democrat Elite?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
"Why is there no 'Democrat Elite' pointed out?"

I submit that the image they would like to project to their constituents is that they are ALL elite!

Another possibility is that the rank & file all know who the 'Democrat Elite' are -
and know such things are best not discussed in public or on the internet.

ganjoa

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Absolutely, it also speaks to the need/want if people to be disillusioned imo. You see the constant barrage from people for Trumps inability for diplo-speak. They are railing against their own insecurities, they can't be comfortable with the person selling the product so it effectively shuts down any potential for them to be agreeable. You also see how when they get out of the comfort zone of talking points that they get emotional and contradictory to their supposed ideology.

Their ideology relies on humans being naturally good, they assume situations make people bad or good. Ironically if you believe that and believe that drug use is a disease well then you can't in good faith the not allow that for greed, racism, or any other burden that ails humans. I don't think they actually believe that it's, their hope that the can sell that so people overlook their own misdeeds, and to appease their conscious of wrongdoing. They truly believe perception is reality, or atleast hope they can sell that idea.

This is purely anecdotal from my experiences with the people I encounter that assume these positions. This is a stereotype which exist due to the people that it encompasses, that does not mean I believe generalizations encompass the whole of an ideology.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think it is primarily because, having been the minority party in Congress for several years, the needed unity and have been good at it.

i also think that we here more about the Republican "elite" bc there is a far bigger difference between Wall Street and Corporate money favoring the Republican party, (the elite), and the average Republican voter, often seen as somewhat poorer, white and highly religious, so i think that is why the repub "elite" is talked about more often. Though, you're on a website that is more conservative than liberal, come to a liberal site and you'll hear lots of talk about the elite."

I do find the answer that the average Democrat is a low information voter because we get our news from The NY Times, WaPo, Vaniry Fair, Esquire, and we're missing out bc we don't read breitbart. Study after study shows that Fox viewers are the most misinformed viewers of television. news.

Although, anyone trying to make sense of Rudy has been saying the last couple weeks has as good a guess as me..

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

The democratic MSM is very good at twisting things, actually they have hired people who are better than Fox has at their jobs. I try to evaluate both sides views, both are mostly crap. I think we have better access to both sides of the issue here on ATS so we can make our own minds up IF WE WANT TO. Most people want to believe their views are right. They will not accept things that do not fit their beliefs and desires. This even goes strongly into the scientific fields. You have to determine relativity and how things personally effect you to find if your thinking is compromised by your beliefs and wants.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

The democratic MSM is very good at twisting things, actually they have hired people who are better than Fox has at their jobs. I try to evaluate both sides views, both are mostly crap. I think we have better access to both sides of the issue here on ATS so we can make our own minds up IF WE WANT TO. Most people want to believe their views are right. They will not accept things that do not fit their beliefs and desires. This even goes strongly into the scientific fields. You have to determine relativity and how things personally effect you to find if your thinking is compromised by your beliefs and wants.

Good point, but my case for conservative propagana agents being better is that we don't even know the left wing propaganda agents. We know Bill Maher and Rachel Maddow but the rest or rally obscure and irrelavent.

But everyone knows the right wing propaganda agents, Bill OReilly, Rush Limbagh, Sean Hannity. Prager. That's how you know they are better at thier jobs.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog
Study after study shows that Fox viewers are the most misinformed viewers of television. news.

which ones?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Good point, but my case for conservative propagana agents being better is that we don't even know the left wing propaganda agents. We know Bill Maher and Rachel Maddow but the rest or rally obscure and irrelavent.

But everyone knows the right wing propaganda agents, Bill OReilly, Rush Limbagh, Sean Hannity. Prager. That's how you know they are better at thier jobs.

The left is more dangerous because they cloak their agents in journalism and professors. Leftist media tends hide under this air of respectability and journalist ethics which they don't actually follow. They are masters at deceiving through omission and stretching definitions knowing the average person is not going to dig deeper.

No one thinks Bill, Rush, or Sean are impartial and they don't claim to be...

I try to get my information from both left and right sources. I check read WSJ just as I do the NY Times. I go to brietbart, but I also go to Huffington Post and gawker sites.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Ever hear of the Kennedy family, the left refers to it as Camelot, the lost utopia.

It was almost revived with JFK's son set to enter politics when his plane went down. Evil wench Hillary stepped in and went on to become NY state Senator instead. So she crapped all over the Dems from her first step towards the white house. Nobody lived happily ever after in that fairy tale.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I have heard of Sean Hannity, but I have never watched any of his stuff, I have heard of Rush Limbagh, but again never watched any of his stuff other than maybe some special clips people pointed to on ATS. They seem so hammerheaded, I do not take anything they say as being real. The other ones I do not know if I have even heard of. If I had not been on ATS I would never have known any of these names. Most people don't watch that kind of stuff on the net.

But the News on TV is sided strongly with Democrats on the channels we watch. I get frustrated listening to their twisted interpretations of things constantly. We do get Fox, but I don't watch Fox news other than the local news on that network.

I usually watch MSM for news and that is why I am complaining about it, Fox was always kind of twisting things a little out of proportion so I avoided it. MSM has always glorified things and been more liberal and they always have done a little twisting to make things newsworthy, but now they are twisting everything way out of whack. I know Trump is no Angel, he challenged them and cut them down. When the big ram heads bash there is always crap flying around. This is mostly about a strong Alpha male and female issue. I want the real news back, not bashing of horns.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The simple answer to your question is that Democrats don't really care about what others in the party are doing. They care about their person, and when enough agree... things get done. They're much more individualistic. Republicans are much more about conformity and forming large voting blocks. That's not to say none of that exists on the Democrat side, but it's not as prevalent. This tends to create feelings among the party of them being too soft since there's less formal opposition blocks.

There's still national level leaders, but since Democrats are more trusting of authority, they don't really get thought of as the elite and the negative connotations that brings.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Interesting take. I can see the trusting of authority part. I'm having a little trouble with the more 'individual' part, though.

Seeing the very nomination of Trump was pure non-lockstep grass root phenomena it may be a little too broad stroked.

edit on 19-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Interesting take. I can see the trusting of authority part. I'm having a little trouble with the more 'individual' part, though.

Seeing the very nomination of Trump was pure non-lockstep grass root phenomena it may be a little too broad stroked.

Maybe this will better explain what I mean by individual. To take a phrase a certain Vice President uttered a couple years back. He's a Christian, a Conservative, and a Republican, in that order. Most Democrats don't really identify as groups like that. You have some here and there such as identifying with an ethnicity or sexuality, but for the most part Democrats don't really care what other groups are doing, provided they aren't hurting others, which is where they do tend to speak up.

For example, abortion and guns are hot button issues to Republicans, they want to ban one and greatly expand the other and these single issue voters are huge sources of turnout and donations. Democrats in contrast really don't care about either of those issues, abortion should be a choice for the individual, and guns are something you can have provided you do so responsibly (though, the tide is turning on this one). In contrast, when Democrats do have hot button issues, it's more about equality issues such as removing religious or gender discrimination. Legislating what you can't do rather than what you can.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Oh, I get that part. It looks valid. I suppose I can only go by my measure of it and that can be assumed as a personal view rather than representative of most right/Trump supporters and that is no one tells me who to vote for, group-wise, whatsoever.

I'm not a single issue person. Rather I attempt an overview. Let's not forget the Trump election has been labeled a 'populist' effort. Still, the membership point is valid. My exception may merely prove the rule.

Oh yes, The gun issue isn't really changing. Memberships jump after each incident as do sales. Piling on by Corporations and politicians will face pushback. Nullification will follow any further Federal efforts. Noisier, is about all.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Because the Democrat's don't engage in class warfare. That's a right wing thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join