It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency: I think I have blood clots in my calves.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
If you have been worrying about this for a couple of weeks you really need to see a doctor.
Most times our fears are much worse than what is actually ailing us.
Get it checked out.
And I hope that you are ok

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Better get it looked at,old friend had just retired from Police dept,next day his wife borrowed his truck,hit leg within 4 hrs she was dead from blot clot to leg,travedled up to her heart,nothing to mess around with

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I had blood clot in my lower leg once. The foot will be warmer than normal, slightly discoloured, seriously swollen and pressing at a couple of points at the back of the leg at the widest part of the calve will hurt. You will feel the pressure everywhere. They do tests at the hospital; ultrasound, kidney function, blood pressure, blood chemistry, heart function.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
If you haven't already you need to see a doctor today.

Chances are it's not DVT but lasting two weeks means you need medical attention/advice to fix it. No one can diagnose over the web, DIY Diagnosis sites have led to tens of thousands of avoidable deaths - they have a purpose for colds/mild illness but nothing complex. It could be anything and any advice offered by none face-to-face medics could cause more harm than good.

I imagine they'd run bloods to check for B vitamin deficiency and other common causes of cramps, muscle twitches and check you're getting enouch exerciose, sitting properly, not being stationary for more than 30 mins at a time and similar.

Not a blood clot but I got sepsis in my leg from a bee sting of all things - had no reaction to the sting for two days, had forgotten about it then on the third day it was burning hot and looked waxy from swelling, kept ballooning up my leg until it split at the kneecap and a couple of pints of brown fluid and cottage cheese discharge caame out. Ambulance arrived 5 mins later and during evaluation my vitals dropped and speech started slurring. Was rushed to hospital. Junior Drs wanted to amputate thinking it'd reached my brain but Snr doc recognised me from mountain running and due to being in peak physical fitness got away with 30 days in hospital having two litres of strong antibiotic IV per day, still ate nearly all the muscle in it though.
edit on 19-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   

As a physiotherapist it sounds to me like you have a bad blood circulation. Smoking and inactivity would be some of the major reasons for that. I would advice to go see a doctor. Exercising and quitting the cigarettes will help you in the long run.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
eat some bananas usually works well . and cheaper than going to hospital .

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
eat some bananas usually works well . and cheaper than going to hospital .

Sorry, but that's bad advice. Eating "some bananas" might be misunderstood as a quick fix when in fact they would do nothing to help. Stop advicing people if you have no knowledge of the subject. Bad advice is leading to death when its about health issues

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

darwin award in 3...........2............1....................................

Was this comment necessary or do you just revel in demeaning people and putting them down? Your name is aptly chosen cuz you obviously like to fling poo you silly monkey.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I feel so bad for Americans, your health and your wealth should not be so intertwined.

I hope you get sorted out quickly and affordably!

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Years ago I tore my calf muscle trying to sprint in the sand, there was internal bleeding that left nasty discoloration and it took about 3 weeks to heal. Ice and stretching resolved the issue, but for someone trying to train for distance running it could be discouraging.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I just took my son to one of our urgent care centers to get a few stitches taken out. he was out of the country when he got hurt and got home two days before he had to have them taken out. he doesn't have insurance... too expensive for the company he works for to have a healthcare plan for their employees and he hasn't been to a doctor in a few years. so we couldn't get him into see a doctor in that small amount of time and like someone else said. an er visit costs a heck of alot. the urgent care center was walkin, and I think he was out in less than an hour and was only charged 50 bucks.
so, really not that bad.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mikkelno

If they are going to be around reading the internet instead of heading to the doc no reason not to drink some water and get some potassium in them to eliminate the possibility of it just being cramps.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Dude. Really? Are you going to take responsibility for your part in this if something bad happens?

Giving advice on how to alleviate the symptoms is alright, but recommending to not see a doctor? Irresponsible.
edit on 19/5/2018 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Both of your calves at the same time sounds like bad circulation. Heat em up. Take some asprin and exercise

Thats my armchair advise, I get bad circulation/ restless legs sometimes too, but my calves are built like tree trunks, they look like butts, lol.

ATS has a gaggle of info, but medical advise isn't one you should look for here.

If you don't feel better, see a doctor asap

*nothing posted above should be taken as medical advise, and is for entertainment purposes only.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
You should rub 1 tbsp of coconut oil on your legs, mixed with cloves, turmeric and aspirin. Then, drink a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, eat 2 carrots, 3 walnuts, and some cabbage. Then, lay with your lags up the wall, for 2 hours, while burning sage. The benefits of this will certainly help when you finally do go to the doctor.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
You need to seek medical attention. DO NOT rub or massage your calfs, if you indeed do have DVT then it can cause the clot to move and can kill you fast and it's not pretty.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

If they are going to be around reading the internet instead of heading to the doc no reason not to drink some water and get some potassium in them to eliminate the possibility of it just being cramps.

Muscle cramps would be easily distinquishable from most other illnesses. The way you proposed your advice made it sound like it was a cure, which it is not.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Far, far, faaaar to little information here for anyone to know what is happening with you. Too young to die. How young? Pain in the calves. Where in the calves? Your information provided is just too little and vague for anyone to know what is happening. If you are scared by your pain, get to the Dr....

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Ok so doctoring isn't effectively being a detective and eliminating possibilities. There are so many ailments, yet we only have so many receptors for detecting them, this leaves a lot crossover symptoms. People due to fear are naturally bad at diagnosing themselves, along with leaving out relevant symptoms.

Many had already suggested going to the doctor, if they weren't going to take that advice would it not be pertainent to atleast eliminate a potential? Others offered worse advice yet you seemed to delibrately pick a specific member to target, you also used an underhanded tactic to do so. Is it your medical opinion that eating a banana would have worsened this person's health?

That member was obviously under the impression it could be cramps as had been suggested, bananas are a cure for that. If they were not of mind to head the advice going to the doctor or ER then why not atleast do that?
edit on 5/19/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

Ok so doctoring isn't effectively being a detective and eliminating possibilities. There are so many ailments, yet we only have so many receptors for detecting them, this leaves a lot crossover symptoms. People due to fear are naturally bad at diagnosing themselves, along with leaving out relevant symptoms.

Many had already suggested going to the doctor, if they weren't going to take that advice would it not be pertainent to atleast eliminate a potential? Others offered worse advice yet you seemed to delibrately pick a specific member to target, you also used an underhanded tactic to do so. Is it your medical opinion that eating a banana would have worsened this person's health?

That member was obviously under the impression it could be cramps as had been suggested, bananas are a cure for that. If they were not of mind to head the advice going to the doctor or ER then why not atleast do that?

It is not my medical opinion that a banana would have worsened his health. It is ly medical opinion that the banana wont solve his problems

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join