It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Is Effectively The Ministry of Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I recommend reading this first

Epstein & Robertson 2015

to get a good understanding of how this works. That Google's search results significantly impact the outcomes of elections is difficult to refute; yet there is little research done on this topic (gee, I wonder why....). Google's denials that it actively manipulates search results are basically just the corporate PR version of "Trust us"; I have no doubt algorithms automate most searches, but the fact remains they absolutely have the ability to manipulate any search results to display only results that Google wants the searcher to see, and as they are a private corporation (one of the largest on the planet, I might add) with no oversight or accountability from or to the public, and, being a megacorp, their only motivation of lining their own pockets, I have no good reason to believe they do not misuse this power to their own ends.

The impact of this cannot be understated. While it is theoretically possible to navigate the internet without Google, the sheer amount of information available and the fact you can't physically browse the internet means that without a search engine, you need a direct link in order to find new websites and thus, new sources of information. You have to find a site that has such a link, or know someone that already knows it; you can't just go find it directly yourself. That is supposed to be where Google comes in - you search for a site, it finds the link for you. As this is far easier than any alternative means of browsing the internet, Google is used ubiquitously, to the point it's basically a public (but yet, still very much privately owned) utility. The internet as we know it could barely function without such a comprehensive and complex search engine as Google to allow everybody to find the sites they seek. In addition, the only mainstream alternative to the Cult of Apple (which is a whole other can of worms) in the smartphone market is Google's Android OS - the existence of this OS basically enslaves the user to Google to obtain information. They must use Google Chrome, Google's own web browser, which they, of course, have total control over, to navigate the internet, giving Google control over literally EVERYTHING one is allowed to view on an Android device - in addition to logging everything you do on said phone and sending it to the NSA, naturally.

As a result, Google has a natural monopoly on information flows over the internet. Without a search engine, internet traffic could not reach the levels it currently does; and, being a utility as it is, it is a natural monopoly, assisted by the fact its initial success gives it such a significant capital advantage over any possible competitor that no one can foreseeably depose Google as the New World Search Engine. Reliant as the finding of information is on people being able to find it on Google, coupled with Google's ability to prioritize or hide any search results at its own discretion means Google has global and scarily close to complete control over what people are allowed to see, and what they are not. Knowing as we do that Google is most definitely part of the NWO (they attend the Bilderberg Group, most obviously) and they actively supply the information they collect to national intelligence agencies without the knowledge or consent of users, the existence and nature of Google allows it to operate as a Shadow Ministry of Truth - information they don't want you to see can simply be erased from any Google search. If it doesn't show up on Google, chances are, almost no one, if any at all, will ever, EVER see it. Thus can public opinion and action be shaped to the will of TPTB, and because the public doesn't know what's happening, and will never know what they're not being shown, they can pull people around like puppets on strings without anyone ever being the wiser.

It's getting downright scary these days, friends.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
android can and does run quite well with all googles # removed .

actually runs better and battery lasts longer without all googles # and all the bloatware the manufacturers inflict on everyone .

Rooting is your friend .

as to search engines theres many better options available .

anyone stupid enough enough to use google and social media deserves what they get .

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
recently removed google from the lap top, prefer to use duckduckgo for a search engine, so far I'm quite pleased. Part of their plan to take a bit of the market share has to do with privacy, they don't record everything you search and sell it to anyone and everyone.

It was actually a little jarring after I switched, not having everything I recently looked up splashed across various web sites sales ads. After a few months all the ads are stuff I looked up months ago and now I don't even notice them.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I don't use Google at all. At least not as a search engine.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
duc

duck duck go is where you want to go to find the erection of truth between the legs of evil.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
You can use google, and never send them a shred of data... Using 3rd party extensions built right into their very own browser, you too can block cookies, js, and other tracking scripts...

Smart Browsing is your friend, root is just fun and effective.

Remember, you own your data, protect it, I'm an SEO by trade, bots and user engineering in relation to search engines is what I think about everyday.

Without those scripts, you're just another grain of sand, use that to hide in plain sight, Google has released some incredible software, and its free, block those scripts and enjoy the modern world.

Btw, google might have a ton of search results, but Bing actually has come along way and is starting to be more relevant than Lougle.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

How do I download duckduckgo? Can I find it on Google? /

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"Do No Evil" my butt. Been using DuckDuckGo for about a month and a half now and I'm very pleased with it and feel better about myself for just saying no to Google. My confession is I'm still using YouTube some but when I have the option to watch or listen to a podcast elsewhere I do.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Google is freaking evil. I get more CPU & Ram usage using Chrome than anything else. It is also tricky to turn on delete browsing history after exit on Chrome compare to Firefox or IE. I got a lot of the spyware/virus crap using Chrome. I haven't used Chrome since it installed viruses on my Windows XP. Hate Chrome, they always have this annoying sign in google pop up. They deliberately design it to want you to sign in and keep your history on Chrome.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 19-5-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Isn't ddg powered by Google?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ventian

Bingo

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
There is a protocol that all American companies abide by, be they software or hardware; just ask microsoft or AMD, NVidia or Linux. It is a clear protocol. It isn't as if this is anything new, perhaps it is worth reiterating though.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

ummm...can I find something else...like the "boobs of truth"?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Would you hush your mouth....we're not supposed to .....didn't ya even get the memo....ah, man no one sent him the memo man.....

I'm worried to death they'll flip a switch and bahamm....and I end up chit at and hit

WHY ARE SEARCHES SO TRUNCATED...these days....sorry mods....I'll behave
edit on 19-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If the searches aren't truncated they're biased all to hail and back....altavista?....idk

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ventian
a reply to: The GUT

Isn't ddg powered by Google?

Can you link that? If so I'm still looking for a new engine. Thanks.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Beat jewgle here:
www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/03/29/google-tracks-massive-amounts-of-your-data-heres-how-to-find-it/

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AquinasProtocol

It was All Planned Years Ago , Technology Will Enslave the World by 2020 . That is their Vision..........

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: MteWamp
duc

duck duck go is where you want to go to find the erection of truth between the legs of evil.

You have a way with words my friend.

I like duck duck go too. If you've ever used Tor to surf the dark web it is one of the first sites you'll be pointed towards as a "safe" and very effective search engine.

With that said I choose to use Google for my search needs and to give them as much data as they reasonable require for the simple fact that doing so makes my life so much easier.

The more Google knows about you the more effective it is in providing you with information. And in the Android universe which is owned by Google, so many apps are dependent on it's services to do their jobs. Ipso Facto the faster/better Google/Android does it's job, the better performance you'll get out of Google apps and many others too.

But again, I do it by choice. I also choose to believe that for the time being, Google is being true to their overall corporate mantra of "do no harm". At least that's still true today. If it changes, I'll re-evaluate the value and benefits they provide vs, whatever the downside may be. Standard risk/reward decision making.

new topics

top topics

join