It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, Now I Actually Do Want To Take Your Guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And short... don't forget short as well.

Cause after the first half a dozen or so families murdered because they didn't want to surrender their rights, it would be on like donkey kong.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Would more people be shot and killed while trying to collect the guns than if you left things alone? Doing nothing is doing something, just not what the shouters want done. And there is the problem.

Another thing to think about. What kind of mind decides to kill as many as possible let alone one. The guy who attacks a school to kill as much as possible is the same guy who would hit a noon dense crowd on a side walk with a truck.

We need to learn why this guy wanted to kill in the first place and we need to learn why could we not figure it out before he did. Take away all the guns and you still have this.

I stated this on another thread but....it wont happen.....

Remember in the past when news agencies actually interviewed killers and broadcasted in on things like 20/20 or specials in order to understand WHY they did what they did?

Notice this doesnt happen anymore?

Because it takes it out of the realm of pushing the gun control narrative and FORCES to the public to see what the REAL cause of all this is.....

This cannot be allowed to happen

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
The good news is you’ve picked a side. The bad news is it’s the wrong side. I look forward to killing you on the front lines

Wow... Really, you look forward to killing people that don't agree with what that tells me is you're an irresponsible gun owner and most likely should not have access.... .

As you can see, he/she plainly stated “on the front lines”. Makes it pretty clear you’re safe unless you choose to violate the rights and freedoms of other American citizens. Then again, based on your diatribe and quick to agree with an apparent fascist op-ed author, guess it’s not a stretch you would twist someones words.

As I’ve posted numerous times, many ways to work on a fix without violating the rights of others. Start with getting rid of “gun free” zones where everyone within is a sitting duck. Follow that with law enforcement and trained armed staff are on campus. Metal detectors are another easy fix. Limiting access (do you think it’s a coincidence most military bases only have 3 or 4 entry points?), with supervision of who’s coming and going. This all must be too easy...well, or doesn’t fit the gun grabber narrative (because once these implemenations stop school shootings, they would have nothing to fall back on).

Stop with the disingenuous BS and start implementing the easy fixes. If you don’t believe in a free America, pick another country. Stop trying to blame law abiding citizens, companies, and organizations for the behavior of psychotic criminals. And stop emulating bullying behavior - these kids see enough of it in school.

Are you quite finished having your tantrum ?

People like the member who looks forward to killing people with his guns are why these shootings happen in schools.

People like your clueless self are more than obliging to perpetuate this insane behavior... Perhaps you like him are also a ticking time bomb...tick tock...

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

As a liberal and a gun owner, I believe in responsible gun ownership and common sense gun laws. Not all tragedies will or can be prevented, but measures can be taken to reduce them. I doubt Santa Fe could have been prevented except by *extreme* measures or laws, and from what I have heard those proposals make no sense.

We keep hearing the same thing as the root cause; mental illness. Then we turn around and cut funding to programs to combat and treat mental illness.

I agree with that statement.

If we could even start the conversation, that would be great. We can't do that though, so here we are.

Few are even willing to concede, even an inch (politics and party), as people are murdered. Here we are.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I will say this;

As long as we are free to own firearms, there will be bad/irresponsible people who use them to harm people.

There will be another school shooting because we are all focused on the "how" instead of the "why".

The 2nd Amendment is ingrained in our Constitution, in our culture. To change it, to deny it, to alter it, redefines the very nature of freedom.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

As long as we are free to own firearms, there will be bad/irresponsible people who use them to harm people.

True.

There will be another school shooting because we are all focused on the "how" instead of the "why".

True, but they are not mutually exclusive.

The 2nd Amendment is ingrained in our Constitution, in our culture.

It is.

To change it, to deny it, to alter it, redefines the very nature of freedom.

To what degree is it absolute, or at which point is it not?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

All depends on whos definition you're willing to follow.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Prior to 1934, you could own anything. Order a Tommy gun out of a Sears and Roebuck catalog and the postman delivered it.

Today a Beretta 93R is next to impossible to purchase as only a few were made and imported prior to 1986. First you would have to find one available to purchase and wait up to two years for the approval processes to complete. Rarity has a price tag, to my knowledge there are maybe a total of ten in the US that qualify for legal transfer. Best guess...$150,000 range.

Latest rumblings were all semi automatics. No help in the latest case since the shooter used a shotgun and 38 revolver.

I think there have been enough infringements to the Second for a good while. Maybe the pro gunners do some take instead of always giving for a change.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   

So I'm here to tell you I'm done. This is no longer a slope, this is a cliff. You've pushed us into a corner and now you'll have to deal with the consequences of your inaction.

I have to say one thing, haus... I have been threatened by pros. You are no pro. Whatcha gonna do now that you've declared yourself pushed to the brink? Cry? Whine some more? Make more threats?

Please... do your worst. After you've read the first line of my signature.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
These threads do make me laugh.

I have no opinion on gun control either way.........

BUT

Those here chest beating and saying "you will take my guns over my dead body"..... Many said that in the UK, Australia, Sweden, Norway ect and guess what? They all backed down.

Why?

Cause when the government come knocking for your boom boom sticks they wont send one unarmed bureaucrat in a suite...... They will send a dozen heavenly armed and armored police round. I dont care how many guns you have, 1 against 12 is suicide. So you will have a choice, give up you gun and live so your wife and children continue to have a father and husband or die in a hail of bullets and leave your family without a father/husband.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
AquinasProtocol:

Quite frankly, if these mass shootings are the price we have to pay for keeping the government at bay, I accept that.

That has to be one of the most heinous statements I have ever read on ATS. It comes from one of the most ignorant, selfish, cold and sterile mindsets I have read from a (presumed) gun-owner. Right there, in that statement, is what is wrong. A toxic and twisted mindset centred only on its own self-satisfaction and reward, that subjugates all the blood spilt to maintain it to irrelevancy.

A reasonable and logical mind would read many of the comments on this thread and conclude that there is no such thing as a 'responsible' gun-owner, for too many of them place greater importance on the availability and ownership (beyond that of other human lives) of guns. That is not being responsible, that is vindicating gun rampages. A genuine responsible person, as a gun owner, would actually give up their guns for the greater good of society. They would clearly perceive and fully understand that their stance and mindset perpetuates the violence.

I wonder. Would Aquinas equally accept the shooting to death of any one of his loved ones to maintain his grip on his guns?
edit on 20/5/18 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsAreDumb
Cause when the government come knocking for your boom boom sticks they wont send one unarmed bureaucrat in a suite...... They will send a dozen heavenly armed and armored police round. I dont care how many guns you have, 1 against 12 is suicide. So you will have a choice, give up you gun and live so your wife and children continue to have a father and husband or die in a hail of bullets and leave your family without a father/husband.

And you seem to forget that many guns will be needed to be taken from Chicago's ghettos and places alike. You really think that's gonna go quietly don't you?

..Tbh I know you're aiming at taking guns away from perfectly normative people who have most of their guns registered, and for a second didn't think about the harder population, as you wouldn't have written something like that at all.

Even without considering the hell that would raise when trying to grab the guns from all kinds of minority gangs throughout the US, there are enough normative people that actually wait for the chance to go out with a blaze of glory "against the gubment". Police forces, and whoever will be the president when this happens, will risk bringing havoc on a scale of a civil war if not bloodier.

So your fantasies can wait.

UK Sweden and Norway.. Lol.
edit on 20-5-2018 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsAreDumb

And in many corners of the country when those govt agents show up the County sheriff will be there waiting to tell them to get bent, if they force the issue you get civil war.

Also not enough cops... after the first couple grabs most law abiding gun owners would "lose" them in a boating accident or something along those lines forcing the police to expend resources they do not have to try and prove they are lying.

At this stage in the game it is literally lose lose..

But the military you say... still an all volunteer military, I don't see many willing to go force their way into the homes of friends and neighbors to take their guns. (its called an illegal order, they don't have to follow it)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
the solution to school shooting is quite simple really, ban Children, or better yet liscense them, before you can have children you must take parenting classes, have backgrpund check and financial check, also a mental health check. children will have atleast one parent available at all times to acompany the child. ( if you do have two children both parents wil be involved)

oh wait child bearing is a right too, but ya'll wont mind, it's "for the children"

(I'm sure this upsets some of you, now you know how lawful gun onners feel)

(if you want to know if some law or proposel makes sense, change the wording to "children" and see if it stil seems logical

I do not own any guns.
I also have no children.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
The good news is you’ve picked a side. The bad news is it’s the wrong side. I look forward to killing you on the front lines

Wow... Really, you look forward to killing people that don't agree with what that tells me is you're an irresponsible gun owner and most likely should not have access.... .

As you can see, he/she plainly stated “on the front lines”. Makes it pretty clear you’re safe unless you choose to violate the rights and freedoms of other American citizens. Then again, based on your diatribe and quick to agree with an apparent fascist op-ed author, guess it’s not a stretch you would twist someones words.

As I’ve posted numerous times, many ways to work on a fix without violating the rights of others. Start with getting rid of “gun free” zones where everyone within is a sitting duck. Follow that with law enforcement and trained armed staff are on campus. Metal detectors are another easy fix. Limiting access (do you think it’s a coincidence most military bases only have 3 or 4 entry points?), with supervision of who’s coming and going. This all must be too easy...well, or doesn’t fit the gun grabber narrative (because once these implemenations stop school shootings, they would have nothing to fall back on).

Stop with the disingenuous BS and start implementing the easy fixes. If you don’t believe in a free America, pick another country. Stop trying to blame law abiding citizens, companies, and organizations for the behavior of psychotic criminals. And stop emulating bullying behavior - these kids see enough of it in school.

Are you quite finished having your tantrum ?

People like the member who looks forward to killing people with his guns are why these shootings happen in schools.

People like your clueless self are more than obliging to perpetuate this insane behavior... Perhaps you like him are also a ticking time bomb...tick tock...

So, as usual, no desire to discuss the easy fixes. Figures. Oh, and thanks for the psychological diagnosis, though you’ve never met me, have no idea what my life experiences are, or what I do for a living. But that’s not surprising either. Been dealing with irrational folks like you most of my adult life. Come back when you want to discuss the issue and not just throw out the knee jerk liberal buzz words.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Why would I attempt to discuss fixes with you when you attack a statement I made to another member ?

If you had attempted to discuss with me an issue I would happily do so.... However that was not the path you chose.... So here we are...

edit on 20-5-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Liquesence

All depends on whos definition you're willing to follow.

I was asking you your definition.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Liquesence

Prior to 1934, you could own anything. Order a Tommy gun out of a Sears and Roebuck catalog and the postman delivered it.

Today a Beretta 93R is next to impossible to purchase as only a few were made and imported prior to 1986. First you would have to find one available to purchase and wait up to two years for the approval processes to complete. Rarity has a price tag, to my knowledge there are maybe a total of ten in the US that qualify for legal transfer. Best guess...$150,000 range.

Latest rumblings were all semi automatics. No help in the latest case since the shooter used a shotgun and 38 revolver.

I think there have been enough infringements to the Second for a good while. Maybe the pro gunners do some take instead of always giving for a change.

Not sure I follow where you're going.

Laws change. I'd like to know opinions on what is acceptable to own, and what is not, if, in fact, the 2nd is *not* absolute. If it is, where is the line? And can it change (it has before).
edit on 21-5-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You just have to stop living in fear ... it's just that simple. It simply can not be argued against that my kids are far far far more likely to die driving to school than they are to die of a gun shot at school.

This is not to say gun violence is not an important issue. It's a simple fact that allows the critical thinker to put into context the realities in which they live.

I'll say it again; our kids are far far far more likely to die driving to school than they are to die of a gun shot at school. And we send them off every morning with out a second thought. We live our lives with out fear over this truth, and so we can live our lives with out fear over gun violence.

There is no need for a cliff; the situation is simply not that dire. Don't give up on your convictions, but also dont give up on having a meaningful dialogue about your convictions... choose not to live in fear and despair.

To make my point more clear; I do not own any firearms so I do not live in fear that you might one day take away from me something which I do not have.
edit on 21-5-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

You've pushed us into a corner and now you'll have to deal with the consequences of your inaction.

Are you going to come back and tell us these oh, so scary consequences??

Okay, Now I Actually Do Want To Take Your Guns

You may want to, but I doubt you'll enjoy the consequences of attempting to...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join