It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, Now I Actually Do Want To Take Your Guns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

It aint gonna happen.

Pass laws and make me a criminal when i wasnt before. But it will not happen. Period.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

In the case of this kid it was coaches who bullied him. According to classmates

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Start in the schools, stop teaching kids to hate their own country by pushing that commie manifesto crap. That means getting less commie sympathizers as teachers.

Do away with gun free school zones, it only happens in gun free zones.

Get the kids off of the Ritalin and parent them.

You know like back when these school shootings were not a thing, before the progressive agendas crept in.

Kids don't even know what gender they are supposed to be anymore, and get that out of the classrooms too.

That's worthy of many more stars than I can give.

edit on 19-5-2018 by Im2keul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AquinasProtocol
Classic.

"You plebs are a danger to yourselves. You can't trust your fellow citizens with weapons, so you'd better hand them all in to the government to keep yourselves safe from each other. Trust us, we won't abuse the fact you can't defend yourselves anymore even though we have no longer have any incentive not to."

Quite frankly, if these mass shootings are the price we have to pay for keeping the government at bay, I accept that. It's so funny liberals complain about how terrible and oppressive the US government can be, how it screws the poor, subsidizes the rich, is run by the MIC and is trying to rule the world via endless warfare (which is all true), yet somehow trust this same terrible government with the power to remove the people's ability to defend themselves from said government because "THINK OF THE CHILDREN".

Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a thing.

I had thought of adding to this thread, but you eloquently stated my position in such a thorough manner I would just like to quote every last word!

The social engineers have done a feather masterful job brainwashing the masses (those who consume MSM material) that they allowed their hubris to get the better of them. The majority of the people have woken up in a myriad of ways, all contributing to the shattering of cognitive dissonance for enough people to see the truth.

Lol Trump is such an evil dictator he should take our guns away!

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AquinasProtocol
Classic.

"You plebs are a danger to yourselves. You can't trust your fellow citizens with weapons, so you'd better hand them all in to the government to keep yourselves safe from each other. Trust us, we won't abuse the fact you can't defend yourselves anymore even though we have no longer have any incentive not to."

Quite frankly, if these mass shootings are the price we have to pay for keeping the government at bay, I accept that. It's so funny liberals complain about how terrible and oppressive the US government can be, how it screws the poor, subsidizes the rich, is run by the MIC and is trying to rule the world via endless warfare (which is all true), yet somehow trust this same terrible government with the power to remove the people's ability to defend themselves from said government because "THINK OF THE CHILDREN".

Cognitive dissonance is a hell of a thing.

I had thought of adding to this thread, but you eloquently stated my position in such a thorough manner I would just like to quote every last word!

The social engineers have done a feather masterful job brainwashing the masses (those who consume MSM material) that they allowed their hubris to get the better of them. The majority of the people have woken up in a myriad of ways, all contributing to the realization that the depiction put out by the MSM is intended to lead us further into servitude. We need our guns now more then ever.
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531amSaturday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm in my mid 60s. Been around for awhile. Guns have been ubiquitous my entire life. Bullying has been around the entire time, too. Watch 'A Christmas Story' and see life from Ralphie's POV. That was life. We didn't shoot-up anything except maybe a sandpit or two.

What changed? You won't like this. I'm convinced the root cause of all this is Social Media. You have kids in the most emotionally vulnerable phase of their lives obsessing about who says what, who like who, who friends who... They measure their life against the selectively edited portrait that their peers cultivate of their own lives and feel isolated and inferior by comparison. They equate their value as a person to their FB friends tally and the number of 'Likes' they receive. This triggers a festering resentment. Social Media is probably the biggest enabler of social polarization. Just read through a few threads here on ATS if you don't believe me.

Adolescents have an innate need to belong and to be recognized. Social Media has an unprecedented ability to exclude and ignore. This forces kids to exhibit increasingly outrageous and extreme online behavior in order to be seen. Virtually every one of these incidents involves a kid who was ostracized on social media and who had been posting violent and threatening things. How many teen suicides have been directly attributed to the same and to having been subjected to relentless online bullying?

Like it or not, the ONE thing that has changed is the advent of social media. Guns have always been plentiful and available. Bullying has been practically a right-of-passage. Everything changed when Social Media came on the scene. Mark my words. Eventually the truth will come out.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

You've pushed us into a corner and now you'll have to deal with the consequences of your inaction.

Correction, we are dealing with consequences of gun control idiots.

When will the stupids wake up and realize gun free zones are ready made targets for people who don't follow laws.

There are 12 plus states that allow teachers to conceal carry and as far as I know none have been targeted by shooters.

Strange how school shootings were not a problem in the past when say the gun culture was more relaxed.

See below picture of gun safety class at school.

edit on 19-5-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I’m not going to throw around the bravado (or Bravo Sierra because who knows for sure) that other gun owners will do. Instead I am going to be plain and simple and ask if the whole idea of banning guns is really to save lives?

Because in all seriousness, trying to take them would make the current death by firearm statistics a fart in the wind. No one knows the actual numbers but it guessed to be in the 300-340 million range of privately owned guns. That does not count LEO and military owned guns. And it is guessed to be anywhere from 100-160 million people that own them.

It is both physically and financially impossible to find and remove the 10-20 million illegal aliens from the US. Each and every one of those people are larger than a firearm and have less places to hide. Because people can’t be buried in an airtight box 20 feet below ground or shoved into a six inch squared panel in an interior wall with cabinets built in front of it. Or a removable kick plate below the cabinet for that matter.

But assuming a magical homing beacon could be activated on every firearm. And that you could find them for gathering. What stops the owner from using them on the confiscators? Do you think a greater number of people will be killed than are now? Do you think there might be some out there that figures the stuff has hit the fan and will kill anyone that cannot produce a gun on request to easily identify friend from foe?

But let’s say it doesn’t happen that way. Let’s say every single gun in the US is collected without incident in a matter of 90 seconds by executing the greatest plan conceived by human beings since the building of the pyramids. Let me show you a video from 2013 showcasing technology that is five years old.

Take them all. People will make more and sell them black market style like drugs. And the technology doesn’t require machining skills anymore. And do you think since all of it is illegal anyway that they will fool around with semi automatics when the crime is the same for making full auto?

Ban them all if you think it makes a difference, saves lives and doesn’t make the situation far far worse than it is now. All I ask is that you think before you act. It is all anyone can ask.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Come and take them.

It's that simple.

Law abiding citizens will not be shamed into this.

Try and take them by force. Watch what happens.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

As you can see, he/she plainly stated “on the front lines”. Makes it pretty clear you’re safe unless you choose to violate the rights and freedoms of other American citizens. Then again, based on your diatribe and quick to agree with an apparent fascist op-ed author, guess it’s not a stretch you would twist someones words.

As I’ve posted numerous times, many ways to work on a fix without violating the rights of others. Start with getting rid of “gun free” zones where everyone within is a sitting duck. Follow that with law enforcement and trained armed staff are on campus. Metal detectors are another easy fix. Limiting access (do you think it’s a coincidence most military bases only have 3 or 4 entry points?), with supervision of who’s coming and going. This all must be too easy...well, or doesn’t fit the gun grabber narrative (because once these implemenations stop school shootings, they would have nothing to fall back on).

Stop with the disingenuous BS and start implementing the easy fixes. If you don’t believe in a free America, pick another country. Stop trying to blame law abiding citizens, companies, and organizations for the behavior of psychotic criminals. And stop emulating bullying behavior - these kids see enough of it in school.
edit on Sun May 20 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

What is it with you Nazis and your desire to remove our rights? I'm not trying to judge, I would just like an honest answer.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

This is no longer a slope, this is a cliff. You've pushed us into a corner and now you'll have to deal with the consequences of your inaction.

Go for it. But just consider that, in your shortsightedness, you'll be proving everyone's point.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
I'm in my mid 60s. Been around for awhile. Guns have been ubiquitous my entire life. Bullying has been around the entire time, too. Watch 'A Christmas Story' and see life from Ralphie's POV. That was life. We didn't shoot-up anything except maybe a sandpit or two.

What changed? You won't like this. I'm convinced the root cause of all this is Social Media. You have kids in the most emotionally vulnerable phase of their lives obsessing about who says what, who like who, who friends who... They measure their life against the selectively edited portrait that their peers cultivate of their own lives and feel isolated and inferior by comparison. They equate their value as a person to their FB friends tally and the number of 'Likes' they receive. This triggers a festering resentment. Social Media is probably the biggest enabler of social polarization. Just read through a few threads here on ATS if you don't believe me.

Adolescents have an innate need to belong and to be recognized. Social Media has an unprecedented ability to exclude and ignore. This forces kids to exhibit increasingly outrageous and extreme online behavior in order to be seen. Virtually every one of these incidents involves a kid who was ostracized on social media and who had been posting violent and threatening things. How many teen suicides have been directly attributed to the same and to having been subjected to relentless online bullying?

Like it or not, the ONE thing that has changed is the advent of social media. Guns have always been plentiful and available. Bullying has been practically a right-of-passage. Everything changed when Social Media came on the scene. Mark my words. Eventually the truth will come out.

You just said exactly what I have been thinking for along time. I am 55years old

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So true. In every school shooting I can recall, the fellow students when talking about the shooter would use words like "Weirdo", "Strange", "Outcast" etc.

The kids will never be taught that it's wrong to label people like that because the parents do it themselves.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
Good luck trying to take mine, hoss. My guess is that it ends bloody for ya.

Seems to be the moral of the story OP. Despite what you said, they're all too eager to just kill you.

Why even bother? It's only 10 kids yesterday, 18 kids next week, 30 kids next year, they're only kids. People can have more. But guns, gotta protect the guns.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Odd, no mention of bullying in that woman't rant/article. The common thread in all these shootings is that when classmates interview them they describe the shooter as one or many of the following: wierdo, looser, nut job, outcast, no one liked "them", loner, angry, aggressive, quiet, odd, and many more terms that seperated the shooter from the rest of the "normal kids" And remember, these are the terms that were used while on camera or being recorded. Imagine what people say to thier face, online or behind their back. Kids pick up on this stuff, the tone of people, the "vibe" they send off. It comes back to the kids not accepting the student and them feeling isolated and they keep getting pushed around, ignored, neglected, ridiculed, etc. I'm sure some people would say that the snobs got what was coming to them - i'm not saying that, but I'm sure there are people who are/were bullied who look at this and say some people got what they deserve.

I've never seen "mean girls" but I can imagine the type of girls the movie is about and them being targeted by a shooter for all the harassment they put someone/people through. This story is old as time, revenge of the bullied on the bullies (or those who think they are so much better).

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
First off; I don’t want to take your guns.

TBH, I don’t think it would do much good because there seems to be something far deeper at work here, and that is what I’m trying to get a handle on.

But, toward that end, let me see if I can set a few landmarks here.

Those who support gun ownership believe that it’s their constitutional right to keep and bear firearms, and, as law-abiding citizens, any attempt to curtail that right, even if by the letter of law, constitutes an abridgement of their rights.

But, if, say, in response to tragedies such as we’ve seen recently, the public, en mass, were to voice support for, and in fact, enact, measures which severely curtailed/controlled gun ownership, possibly even including some form of confiscation; would the majority of gun owners comply with the new laws, as “law-abiding citizens”?

Or would they likely choose to become “outlaws” in the eyes of the populace at large, and retain their weapons, even in the face of prosecution?

I get the sense that the latter is more likely, given the vehemence with which the second amendment is defended on these boards.

But, to my mind, that raises another question:

If some people feel that their right to possess a firearm is so “innate” that it would, conceivably supersede even duly enacted laws to the contrary, then by what logic can we hold so-called “criminals” accountable for their crimes?

If, some laws may be justifiably ignored because an individual holds that said law violates a more fundamental “right”, what then is the basis upon which any law may be held enforceable?

Or, perhaps it is this mindset that places the “rights” of the individual above the good of the society that we should be addressing as a “mental health issue”?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have an idea to help prevent school shootings. Now, stay with me because this is radical and deep. So, any "gun grabbers" out there, still your mind and try to fully understand my concept. Ok. Ready?

LOCK THE F-ING SCHOOL DOORS!

P.S. You can have my guns pointy end first. :-)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join