It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revenge of the Nerds and School Shootings

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

But hey! It wasn't bullying.

Just... engaging question and answer time

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

But hey! It wasn't bullying.

Just... engaging question and answer time

That's true. I suppose it's just a matter of perception.

When you compare a few murders in a High School to the Inquisition; America doesn't look so bad.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Oh, absolutely. As awful as these tragedies are in the US, they pale in comparison, simply for the reason that the Inquisitions were sanctioned and thought to be right and just.

None of that can be said for any of the atrocities committed in high schools.

It would be so easy to say, "get rid of the guns", but as a non-American, it isn't my place to say that and, to be fair, the number of these tragedies is pretty small compared to the number of law abiding citizens with all manner of automatic weapons. So just getting rid of guns I don't think is the answer.

As people have said, it's addressing the 'bullies'. And I 100% disagree that 'religion' is the answer. If anything, it's an excuse for people to be really sh*tty to each other.

I suspect the answer is a far deeper social one.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Oh yeah!! And as long as we keep electing inept ego addicted morons that think a twitter is a way to solve problems; nothing will get done.

It could be done with a concerted effort in education but no one really cares. A few dead school kids are just collateral damage in a corporate oligarchy.

edit on 20-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Oh yeah!! And as long as we keep electing inept ego addicted morons that think a twitter is a way to solve problems; nothing will get done.

Odd, I guess that statement above applies to the prior president too then? Since, there were a lot of these incidents on his watch too. Perhaps if you got rid of your hate for a man that had absolutely nothing to do with these events, and focus your energy on real solutions, you might get close to being a bit more happy.

SMH

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Just the truth and I wouldn't use your
jackass examples.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Just the truth and I wouldn't use your jackass examples.

What does that even mean? Are you saying the Inquisitions and the actions of the Catholic church never happened?

These were people who deeply believed and followed Christ yet did some of the most atrocious "bullying" we've ever seen.

Those points were brought up in direct opposition to your point that anyone following Jesus would never bully anyone.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I don't have to deny history to say you're
wrong strawman.

Those examples are a joke. A blind
person could see those institutions never
have followed Christ.

Get real or get on.

A decadent pagan religion of Rome attaches
itself to Christianity as it replaces the roman
empire. Then sends out some mercenaries on
an economic quest. Then after returning with
relics that prove Christian beliefs. The so called
church rounds em all up and burns em alive.

I must've missed the part where they follow
Jesus.

So my reasoning stands
edit on Rpm52018v17201800000012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

A decadent pagan religion of Rome attaches itself to Christianity...

I must've missed the part where they follow Jesus.

Name didn't fool you then?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

In your own words

Yup, that's right. No person of faith in Jesus Christ has ever bullied another person. 

Doesn't happen and a clear pic can be
painted as to where your secular crap
is taking this country.

It's going to hell since you people started
whining and filing law suits and kicking
God completely out of the schools and
out the courts.

And you wonder why evil is taking over?
It's because you can't see with your mind.
Only your eyes. Wise up or just ignore the
obvious correlations and reap the
whirlwind.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

And herein lies the problem in a vague few books where everyone's interpretation is just as right as any other person. You are no more an authority on the abrahamic religions than any other believer (in your case specifically NT and OT). Any of you can cite the verses that you want to use to your own advantage (and ignore the others that contradict said verses). "Those institutions never followed Christ"... give me a break. Maybe you are following Christ and are getting it all wrong. The beauty of the bible... everything and nothing is waiting right there to back you up.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Never claimed authority haven't quoted a
single verse. But the message is clear and
precise. I just call attention to the obvious.

The cry babies got thier way and the results
speak loudly with gunfire.
edit on Rpm52018v26201800000000 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

No one with true faith in Jesus Christ is going
to bully another person.

This certainly sounds like you are claiming authority on "true faith". And then immediately dismissed given the numerous examples of bullying done by the church (and subsequent followers).

I think the very problem with the path you are going down is that the message is in no way "clear and precise". How many have died because the message wasn't "clear and precise"? More than you'd like to admit I can assure you.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

As I said you can choose to ignore the
obvious. Don't let it bother you when
someone else has the guts to site it.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
People excuse attitudes/words/actions if it fits into their concept of normality. Unless it was due to terrorist propaganda and organized strategy, these shootings are usually done by victims of bullying. You can push someone against a wall and just keep shoving them, but eventually something will give. Society makes its own monsters and then blames its monsters, instead of examining what makes them. A politician would have the power to really do something to address the problem, but imagine it: parents mortified at their kids being endangered, harmed or murdered, and the media treating them (the parents and kids) as innocent victims who have just gone through a horrible and unexpected tragic event (which they did.) The politician makes a speech that bullying is the cause of the problem and must stop. The media, the parents, teachers and students are now OUTRAGED that their elected official just VILIFIED them so soon after the crisis happened. The rage would be incredible and the media would have a field day with it. For shaaaame.

A politician would likely play along with the present attitudes and make a speech about how terrible of a crime this was for these "poor, innocent kids" and say many reassuring things to the victims and their parents, and to the public. It's simply psychological: WE are the good guys, THEY are the bad guys. No one drove that guy to shoot anyone, no one asked him to, and if he was bullied it doesn't justify something so viscous. But it's not about what's right or fair, it's about a kid being pushed against a wall until he snapped. Many victims of abuse commit suicide, seek counselling, or manage to deal with it themselves, and others will explode in a bully-motivated burst of heartless rage/revenge.

But the problem is rarely addressed. WE are the good guys, our kids are INNOCENT, so those mass murderers are just freaks who need to be dealt with. I have heard media discussions about how schools should be more observant of a problem child, to report strange behaviour ahead of time. Sounds nice, but in reality this suggestion would only create more fearful, ignorant thinking, more paranoid attention aimed at kids who stand out, thus more social abuse and neglect. So, the problem would only get worse. I've heard discussions on how the media should never give the shooters attention because it's what they want. They should be ignored, to focus on the victims. But if these 'victims' were victimizers, then--like it or not--they created the monster which made victims of them. We cannot slant the truth, or cut out part of the story, lest we cheat reality of its voice.

I've heard that Columbine High School still has a bullying problem, same as always. We never, ever learn from our mistakes, do we? We're too busy kidding ourselves. Will humanity ever get real?

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

In your own words

Sigh, once again, ranydvs is incapable of understanding the english language.

I was being sarcastic, Randyvs.

Of course I fully believe people who 100% believe in Jesus and following his teachings are fully capable of being bullies, as we have illustrated.

So therefore, religion or faith is not a means of removing the problem of bullying.
edit on 21-5-2018 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Yeah bullying is no less prevalent in non-secular societies and Christianity has been used by states to kill hundreds of millions through genocide, superstition, inquisition and conquest. It's clearly not the answer to the problem.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Sigh, once again, ranydvs is incapable of understanding the english language. 

I love how you write these big bombastic announcements.True comedy.

And capabilities aren't the issue at all.
How many born again Christian bullies
do you know? That would be more the
issue as I see it.

I know exactly zero never have known one
and don't think I could find one if I tried.

Ask someone you know if they know of any
born again Christian bullies and see if you
don't get laughed at.

I don't believe your claim so
prove born again Christian bullies exist.
Otherwise it's just a fairytale.
edit on Ram52118v08201800000006 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

The majority. They regularly bully and try to restrict freedoms of groups whose lifestyle choices disagree with their beleifs and the US Bible belt actively want to cause a war to end the world as they think it'd start a rapture.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

edit on 21-5-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join