It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools, Guns and all in between.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
OK, I have to say it. A slight lack of "OMG another school shooting" on ATS at the moment.

Ashamed, haven't heard or hiding?

Time to really pull up those big boy pants Murica and ditch the pew pews.

It'll keep happening and happening and people will keep ignoring and ignoring.

I liken it to cancer. People ignore the shaking coin tins on the streets until it happens to them....and all of a sudden they want a cure.

Prevent it now simply by realizing "guns give you the dumbs"

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It was talked about all day actually.

It was decided that crazy liberals and CNN were responsible.

End of story?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
OK, I have to say it. A slight lack of "OMG another school shooting" on ATS at the moment.

I liken it to cancer. People ignore the shaking coin tins on the streets until it happens to them....and all of a sudden they want a cure.

Too bad we have that pesky little thing known as the Constitution, huh? There is a legal way to accomplish what you are asking, It is called repealing an amendment.

Too bad those that want to strip all citizens of the protected rights fail to begin that process. Until that happens, sorry, it will not happen. Regardless of any requests or pleas to emotion from anyone internal or external to the country.

edit on 5/18/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Oh, and it seems that the MSM and the anti-gun advocates fail to openly cheer when the existing controls in place to accomplish saving these precious child's lives actually works. Instead, they spend all their time cheering on the successful shooters by blasting it everywhere.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Until we protect our children the same way we protect a bank, our congresscritters, a police station, a bingo hall, an airport or a library then I see no reason to get into it.

We take our softest targets, our priceless young children and put them in a gun free zone... a place where nobody really has a gun except criminals and crazy people that want to hunt and kill them for a bigger body count and we are supposed to be shocked when they get killed.

No... until we fix the environment they are in then there is no reason to go any further on the discussion.

Because it is for a reason, after all... the left needs a lot of cold dead kids to not only keep their base frightened of guns and to keep them hating law-abiding gun owners, but to keep pushing their anti-2A agenda.

So until the left (the actual cancer in America) stops willfully sacrificing children for their agenda there is no real reason to talk about it.

What's to say, after all? You let kids die so we can be pushed into a discussion about the tool that killed them?

Why not harden the targets (like we do everything else) and then have a discussion about why we, as a society, are raising children that want to kill other kids?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Has anyone dug into this shooting?

Was this a real shooting, or another smith-mundt event?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My kids grew up with guns. Many guns. Handguns, rifles, shotguns. They never shot up a school. Firearms are not the problem here.

Perhaps the problem is the simple fact that Idiot parents raise idiot kids.

Or maybe it's the fact that the entire public school system has lost touch with the entire concept of "common sense".

Or maybe, just maybe, it's a teeny bit more important for kids to actually learn more about what's right and wrong, as opposed to how many "genders" have been invented in the last few decades.

Ignorance begets ignorance. As does abject stupidity. It's not exactly rocket science, folks.

Seriously, how is it that a parent, ANY parent, has no idea that their kid is a complete nutjob?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
its mass psychosis, guns are just a tool. get rid of guns and it will be just something else.
deal with the psychosis, not the guns.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
its mass psychosis, guns are just a tool. get rid of guns and it will be just something else.

Frakkin' A, bubba.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
My kids grew up with guns. Many guns. Handguns, rifles, shotguns. They never shot up a school. Firearms are not the problem here.

Perhaps the problem is the simple fact that Idiot parents raise idiot kids.

Or maybe it's the fact that the entire public school system has lost touch with the entire concept of "common sense".

Or maybe, just maybe, it's a teeny bit more important for kids to actually learn more about what's right and wrong, as opposed to how many "genders" have been invented in the last few decades.

Ignorance begets ignorance. As does abject stupidity. It's not exactly rocket science, folks.

Seriously, how is it that a parent, ANY parent, has no idea that their kid is a complete nutjob?

You missed idiot parents that do not safely lock guns away from their kids ,other than that you're likely right.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51

That doesn't explain why other western countries do not have the level of school shootings the U. S does....

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It's sad, but I fear it's only a matter of time before one of your children get shot and killed at school.

Or one of your mates?

Source

We're only 20 weeks into 2018, and there have already been 22 school shootings where someone was hurt or killed. That averages out to more than 1 shooting a week.

The parameters CNN followed in this count are: A shooting that involved at least one person being shot (not including the shooter) A shooting that occurred on school grounds We included grades K through college/university level We included gang violence, fights and domestic violence We included accidental discharge of a firearm as long as the first two parameters are met

May 18: Santa Fe, Texas At least eight people -- and as many as 10 -- were killed in a shooting at Santa Fe High School.

May 11: Palmdale, California A 14-year-old boy went to Highland High, his former school, and began shooting a semiautomatic rifle shortly before classes were scheduled to begin, officials said. A 15-year-old boy was struck in the shoulder.

April 20: Ocala, Florida A 17-year-old student at Forest High School was shot in the ankle shortly before students were to walk out as part of a national protest against gun violence.. The suspect was a 19-year-old former student.

April 12: Raytown, Missouri A man was shot in the stomach in the parking lot of Raytown South Middle School during a track meet.

April 9: Gloversville, New York A student shot another student with a BB gun in Gloversville Middle School.

March 20: Lexington Park, Maryland An armed student shot two others at Great Mills High School before a school resource officer fired a round at the shooter. The shooter was killed. One of the students, 16-year-old girl Jaelynn Willey, was taken off life support two days later.

March 13: Seaside, California A teacher accidentally discharged a gun during a public safety class at Seaside High School, injuring a student.

March 8: Mobile, Alabama One person was hospitalized after a shooting at an apartment building on the campus of the University of South Alabama.

March 7: Birmingham, Alabama One student was killed and another critically wounded after an accidental shooting during dismissal time at Huffman High School. Police wouldn't elaborate further.

March 7: Jackson, Mississippi A student was shot inside a dormitory at Jackson State University. His injuries were not life-threatening.

March 2: Mount Pleasant, Michigan Two people were shot to death at a dormitory on the campus of Central Michigan University. The victims were not students and police think the incident stemmed from a domestic situation.

February 27: Norfolk, Virginia A student at Norfolk State University was shot from an adjacent dorm room while he was doing homework. He was not seriously injured.

February 27: Itta Bena, Mississippi A person was shot in a rec center at Mississippi Valley State University. Police said the person was not a student and the injury was not life-threatening.

February 24: Savannah, Georgia A person was shot on the campus of Savannah State University and taken to a nearby hospital where he later died. Neither the victim nor the shooter were university students, the college said.

February 14: Parkland, Florida A 19-year-old man gunned down students and staff with a rifle at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, slaughtering at least 17 unsuspecting students and adults. The shooter, Nikolas Cruz, had been expelled from the high school over disciplinary problems, officials said.

February 9: Nashville A high school student was shot five times in the parking lot of Pearl-Cohn High School.

February 5: Oxon Hill, Maryland A high school student was shot in the parking lot of Oxon Hill High. The victim was treated and later released. Police arrested two teens and said they are acquaintances of the victim.

February 1: Los Angeles A 15-year-old boy was shot in the head and a 15-year-old girl shot in the wrist at Sal Castro Middle School in Los Angeles, officials said. Two other students were grazed by bullets. A 12-year-old girl was booked for negligent discharge of a firearm in that shooting, which was considered "unintentional," Los Angeles police said.

January 31: Philadelphia A fight led to a shooting in the parking lot of Lincoln High School, fatally wounding a 32-year-old man.

January 23: Benton, Kentucky A 15-year-old student shot 16 people -- killing two other 15-year-olds -- at Marshall County High School, authorities said. The student faces two charges of murder and 12 counts of first degree assault.

January 22: Italy, Texas A 15-year-old student was wounded in a shooting at a high school in Italy, Texas, authorities said. The suspect, also 15, was quickly apprehended. January 20: Winston Salem, North Carolina A Winston-Salem State University football player, Najee Ali Baker, was shot to death at a party on the campus of Wake Forest University.

Got to love facts. like 273 mass shootings in 275 days in 2017. not sure of the yearly total, but lot.

You have to ask yourself, crazies or guns? Sure there are crazies. We have them here in Australia. But they don't have access to a gun. and that's the difference folks. No guns, no mass shootings.

Sure your country is F*. Silly medical law, insurance and mental problems all go hand in hand. But don't think you are alone in this sweet sweet world of loonies? We all have them! Just not the guns folks.

The other night I sat down to watch one of my favorite programs. I suddenly got it into my head that I needed chocolate. I've been on a health kick for a while and managed to talk myself out of it. Then the sweet delicious thought of chocolate started to get louder in my brain. "Ben, i'm in the cupboard, come and eat me Ben". No matter how hard I tried the thought of chocolate just got bigger and bigger in my mind. Then, that was it! I stood up and made my way to the cupboard. I opened it and to my disgust, there wasn't any chocolate........my wife had eaten it earlier in the day! Bad luck!!

See, the chocolate is metaphorical for Guns. Crazies have access to them. They sit there, stewing over and over about some F*witt at school, teasing them about their clothing choice or hair colour. AND BOOM! They gotta have that chocolate and they are gonna share it with the rest of the school.

No chocolate
No Guns.

Easy.

edit on 21-5-2018 by CaptainBeno because: Link

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It's sad, but I fear it's only a matter of time before one of your children get shot and killed at school.

Or one of your mates?

Source

We're only 20 weeks into 2018, and there have already been 22 school shootings where someone was hurt or killed. That averages out to more than 1 shooting a week.

The parameters CNN followed in this count are: A shooting that involved at least one person being shot (not including the shooter) A shooting that occurred on school grounds We included grades K through college/university level We included gang violence, fights and domestic violence We included accidental discharge of a firearm as long as the first two parameters are met

May 18: Santa Fe, Texas At least eight people -- and as many as 10 -- were killed in a shooting at Santa Fe High School.

May 11: Palmdale, California A 14-year-old boy went to Highland High, his former school, and began shooting a semiautomatic rifle shortly before classes were scheduled to begin, officials said. A 15-year-old boy was struck in the shoulder.

April 20: Ocala, Florida A 17-year-old student at Forest High School was shot in the ankle shortly before students were to walk out as part of a national protest against gun violence.. The suspect was a 19-year-old former student.

April 12: Raytown, Missouri A man was shot in the stomach in the parking lot of Raytown South Middle School during a track meet.

April 9: Gloversville, New York A student shot another student with a BB gun in Gloversville Middle School.

March 20: Lexington Park, Maryland An armed student shot two others at Great Mills High School before a school resource officer fired a round at the shooter. The shooter was killed. One of the students, 16-year-old girl Jaelynn Willey, was taken off life support two days later.

March 13: Seaside, California A teacher accidentally discharged a gun during a public safety class at Seaside High School, injuring a student.

March 8: Mobile, Alabama One person was hospitalized after a shooting at an apartment building on the campus of the University of South Alabama.

March 7: Birmingham, Alabama One student was killed and another critically wounded after an accidental shooting during dismissal time at Huffman High School. Police wouldn't elaborate further.

March 7: Jackson, Mississippi A student was shot inside a dormitory at Jackson State University. His injuries were not life-threatening.

March 2: Mount Pleasant, Michigan Two people were shot to death at a dormitory on the campus of Central Michigan University. The victims were not students and police think the incident stemmed from a domestic situation.

February 27: Norfolk, Virginia A student at Norfolk State University was shot from an adjacent dorm room while he was doing homework. He was not seriously injured.

February 27: Itta Bena, Mississippi A person was shot in a rec center at Mississippi Valley State University. Police said the person was not a student and the injury was not life-threatening.

February 24: Savannah, Georgia A person was shot on the campus of Savannah State University and taken to a nearby hospital where he later died. Neither the victim nor the shooter were university students, the college said.

February 14: Parkland, Florida A 19-year-old man gunned down students and staff with a rifle at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, slaughtering at least 17 unsuspecting students and adults. The shooter, Nikolas Cruz, had been expelled from the high school over disciplinary problems, officials said.

February 9: Nashville A high school student was shot five times in the parking lot of Pearl-Cohn High School.

February 5: Oxon Hill, Maryland A high school student was shot in the parking lot of Oxon Hill High. The victim was treated and later released. Police arrested two teens and said they are acquaintances of the victim.

February 1: Los Angeles A 15-year-old boy was shot in the head and a 15-year-old girl shot in the wrist at Sal Castro Middle School in Los Angeles, officials said. Two other students were grazed by bullets. A 12-year-old girl was booked for negligent discharge of a firearm in that shooting, which was considered "unintentional," Los Angeles police said.

January 31: Philadelphia A fight led to a shooting in the parking lot of Lincoln High School, fatally wounding a 32-year-old man.

January 23: Benton, Kentucky A 15-year-old student shot 16 people -- killing two other 15-year-olds -- at Marshall County High School, authorities said. The student faces two charges of murder and 12 counts of first degree assault.

January 22: Italy, Texas A 15-year-old student was wounded in a shooting at a high school in Italy, Texas, authorities said. The suspect, also 15, was quickly apprehended. January 20: Winston Salem, North Carolina A Winston-Salem State University football player, Najee Ali Baker, was shot to death at a party on the campus of Wake Forest University.

Got to love facts. like 273 mass shootings in 275 days in 2017. not sure of the yearly total, but lot.

You have to ask yourself, crazies or guns? Sure there are crazies. We have them here in Australia. But they don't have access to a gun. and that's the difference folks. No guns, no mass shootings.

Sure your country is F*. Silly medical law, insurance and mental problems all go hand in hand. But don't think you are alone in this sweet sweet world of loonies? We all have them! Just not the guns folks.

The other night I sat down to watch one of my favorite programs. I suddenly got it into my head that I needed chocolate. I've been on a health kick for a while and managed to talk myself out of it. Then the sweet delicious thought of chocolate started to get louder in my brain. "Ben, i'm in the cupboard, come and eat me Ben". No matter how hard I tried the thought of chocolate just got bigger and bigger in my mind. Then, that was it! I stood up and made my way to the cupboard. I opened it and to my disgust, there wasn't any chocolate........my wife had eaten it earlier in the day! Bad luck!!

See, the chocolate is metaphorical for Guns. Crazies have access to them. They sit there, stewing over and over about some F*witt at school, teasing them about their clothing choice or hair colour. AND BOOM! They gotta have that chocolate and they are gonna share it with the rest of the school.

No chocolate
No Guns.

Easy.

Interesting, Why don't we stave off that need before it happens by properly dealing with the situation before it grows, as you stated,

They sit there, stewing over and over about some F*witt at school, teasing them about their clothing choice or hair colour.

Yeah, let's stop or punish the "F*witt at school" and not protect them like we do now? Let's put discipline BACK into the school to prevent the issue at the source, then, a child will not even have to stew, and be angry.

It takes a "F*witt" not to recognize that simple fact and blame the chocolate and not YOUR desire, doesn't it?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yep, you're right of course. But you have PC to blame there.

Personally, I'm all for it.

But then again, once the problem is gone, you also have no reason for a gun in your cupboard huh?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Why congress, the white house, the senate, foreign ambassadors to "whogivesanbum", receives better protection than our youth will always baffle me. Sorry you no name butt clown from butt state... You do not deserve more protection than our high school students.
edit on 5/22/2018 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Why congress, the white house, the senate, foreign ambassadors to "whogivesanbum", receives better protection than our youth will always baffle me. Sorry you no name butt clown from butt state... You do not deserve more protection than our high school students.

Or you know parents could take responsibility and lock their #ing guns away so little Johnny can't go on a shooting binge if his girlfriend dumps him...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

Yep, you're right of course. But you have PC to blame there.

Personally, I'm all for it.

But then again, once the problem is gone, you also have no reason for a gun in your cupboard huh?

Except for those darn criminals that look to break into my home or attack myself and family. Or the wild animals in the woods on my properly. Oh, and that thing about being able to defend against an oppressive government (sort of like what happened almost 250 years ago in Lexington and Concord).

Yeah the world is all open and welcoming to everyone for you..... Ignorance is bliss I guess from your perspective.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Or you know parents could take responsibility and lock their #ing guns away so little Johnny can't go on a shooting binge if his girlfriend dumps him...

I agree, and do so in my home. However, don't you think it more intelligent a solution to address the problems at the root and not simply be pruning the leaves of the sick tree?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wouldn't the lack of popular interest or concern over school shootings would deter copy cat shooters looking to be on the news thinking they made a global wave?

There more then one way to skin a cat.
edit on 23-5-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I agree, and do so in my home. However, don't you think it more intelligent a solution to address the problems at the root and not simply be pruning the leaves of the sick tree?

I do agree, however the problem is how to go about it. The guns are out there and nothing will change that , so until a solution is brought forward, the very least that should happen is parents secure their guns from their kids.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join