It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Tweeted That The Latest School Shooting Should Inspire “Soul Searching” & Gun Control

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
I hate that no one ever talks about securing the schools. Shouldn't we do that first?

Does not fit the narrative, though just about every jurisdiction could afford to put metal detectors at school entry points, limit egress points to 2-3, have someone monitor who’s coming and going (cameras or human), etc. All that could easily be in place at most, if not all, schools by start of next school year. Will it? Nope, then there would be no reason left to scream “Ban the guns!”

1. You put all entrances/exits off limits except primary/alternate.
2. You put eyes on those entrances/exits and make them only unlock from the inside during school hours, with only staff doing the unlocking.
3. You post security until you can receive/set-up metal detectors/cameras.
4. Dress codes can easily address clothes designed for concealed carry of rifles/shotguns. And “Born to Kill” t-shirts should at least get a query?
5. Seems I made it through all schooling with not needing a backpack. Kids today can’t carry books on their hands?
6. Schools need to immediately be no longer designated gun free zones to law abiding citizens (removes the shooting fish in a barrel temptation).
7. Schools without them need security or LE on grounds from 2 hours before school starts until end of all school activities and all students departed campus.
8. Curriculum needs to include what do do about bullying (by staff and students), how to watch out for fellow student signs of being off and what to do about it, and faculty needs to follow up legitimately.
9. Parents need to be required to attend an orientation meeting one week prior to school start and get same education, about their kids and their friends.
10. All students on psychotropics need to be identified to the student counselor and need to have a session monthly to make sure they’re okay. If not, why not?
11. I’m sure there’s more, but there’s 10 from me that will never be entertained so I’ll stop.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

I hate that no one ever talks about securing the schools. Shouldn't we do that first?

Does not fit the narrative, though just about every jurisdiction could afford to put metal detectors at school entry points, limit egress points to 2-3, have someone monitor who’s coming and going (cameras or human), etc. All that could easily be in place at most, if not all, schools by start of next school year. Will it? Nope, then there would be no reason left to scream “Ban the guns!”

2. You put eyes on those entrances/exits and make them only unlock from the inside during school hours, with only staff doing the unlocking.
4. Dress codes can easily address clothes designed for concealed carry of rifles/shotguns. And “Born to Kill” t-shirts should at least get a query?
5. Seems I made it through all schooling with not needing a backpack. Kids today can’t carry books on their hands?
6. Schools need to immediately be no longer designated gun free zones to law abiding citizens (removes the shooting fish in a barrel temptation).
7. Schools without them need security or LE on grounds from 2 hours before school starts until end of all school activities and all students departed campus.
8. Curriculum needs to include what do do about bullying (by staff and students), how to watch out for fellow student signs of being off and what to do about it, and faculty needs to follow up legitimately.
9. Parents need to be required to attend an orientation meeting one week prior to school start and get same education, about their kids and their friends.
10. All students on psychotropics need to be identified to the student counselor and need to have a session monthly to make sure they’re okay. If not, why not?
11. I’m sure there’s more, but there’s 10 from me that will never be entertained so I’ll stop.

What you listed above in its entirety is far more reaching I to people's rights than restricting guns.

You got everything from dress codes to re-education to eradication of medical privacy to.... basically turning schools into a militarized zone?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Lab4Us

What you listed above in its entirety is far more reaching I to people's rights than restricting guns.

You got everything from dress codes to re-education to eradication of medical privacy to.... basically turning schools into a militarized zone?

Schools, unless private, belong to the government, they are not private property/ possessions, so no 4th issues there. Not sure how teaching folks to watch for depression warning signs in othets is re-education. For most, it will be first time they’ve heard it. As for medical privacy, the federal HIPAA rule has clear provisions for disclosure in the interest of public safety (and what I proposed was not public disclosure, but beside the point).

Let me guess, you’re on the grab all the guns side of the argument and think that will make all schools instantly impenetrable,and casualty free. Heaven forbid we should do the easy things first to keep the students safe. And apparently you’ve never served in a militarized zone or, if you have, forgot what it actually is.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What you listed above is totalitarian governments wet dream. Admit it.

And yes, I am about taking the guns away but while you have them I think teachers should have the right to keep a fire arm on them in the classroom. You don't need to put a bunch of micro controls on the situation. That never works. You already have the guns and the right to use them.

My 11 year old son wrote a paper on why teachers should have guns and not having armed security guards. Armed teachers made him feel safe. Armed security made him feel intimidated.

And no I have not served in a militarized zone but know many that have and none of them say "you havnt served so you don't know" which makes you a douchebag.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
From someone with no soul this is rich...

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Bone75

It would cost less than $100/classroom to make the doors impenetrable to a shooter.

Most schools in this country won't even
put seat belts on school buses. Securing
classrooms at the door means changing
the code from fire safety (swing out) to
(swing in) so the door can be barred.
Pretty expensive when the teacher can
just turn the dead bolt. That would at
least deter these younster shooters
from class room entry. But you still have
to protect students during lunch between
classes P.E. and on the buses.

We need to educate every school kid on
the cruelty of bullying. And employ
consequences for such behavior. IMO
the money you spend on doors would
go so much more towards the goal.

And teachers with guns?
Well thats just maniacle.
edit on Rpm51918v53201800000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join