It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Personally Pushed Postmaster General to Double Rates on Amazon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Its called his evil has become fair seeming. He does so much scandal and abuses his power so often it’s become standard and expected and people are so use to his nefarious actions it's becoming acceptable.

Oh, that’s Trump again, he only just abused his office

Oh there he goes again, this time he’s only lying

Oh, there he goes again, this time he’s only stealing

Oh, there he goes again, this time he's abusing a woman

Oh, there he goes again, this time he’s only breaking federal laws

On and on and on, he does so much dirt we’ve become use to it, and that’s the danger

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MALBOSIA

How exactly did Trump stick his neck out?

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters,"

It's all about that base, bout that base, bout that base.

No way!

A republican can pander to his/her base without moving Jerusalem's capital, scrapping nafta, ripping up treaties with Iran and forcing new relations with North Korea.

That's sticking your neck out.
edit on pSun, 20 May 2018 03:18:15 -05002018 115Sun, 20 May 2018 03:18:15 -0500amAmerica/ChicagoSunday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Willtell
The GOP deliberately tried to cripple the USPS a few years ago by passing a crazy bill that would make them liable in a decade

"...to fully fund the retirement health care benefits for future employees that will not even be born until 2057 at the earliest.”
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I would watch out, Trump may himself try to cripple them along with his GOP fellows as a revenge against the USPS head who had the integrity to resist his pressure to hurt Amazon.

Things like this are the reason a free press is a necessity in a democracy, to put a spotlight on actions like this from Trump.

The USPS pays $4 billion per year into this fund right now. UPS's total revenue (not profit, just revenue) is $66 million. USPS is kicking ass doing what they do. If not for that fund, they would be profiting $5 billion+ annually right now... not bad for a company that's not even allowed to keep it's profits if it makes any.

If you took away the pension fund, the post office is still losing money. Everyone wants to complain about the fund, but ignore that labor costs account for 78-80% of their revenue.

Also, They are not putting money away for employees that have not been born yet. the 75 year figure is because of how the USPS does their accounting(which no private company would get away with).

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: anton74
If you took away the pension fund, the post office is still losing money.

The Post Office has to lose money. By law, the USPS is not allowed to keep any profit they earn, it goes to the US government. In any given year, their best case scenario is to break even. If they fail to do that, they go further into debt.

Also, for 2017 they had revenues of $69.6 billion and expenses of 72.2 billion. Considering they were supposed to put 6.9 billion into the pension fund, that makes up the revenue/expense gap. They didn't make the payment, but it was still factored into the expenses.

about.usps.com...

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

What do you personally know about the contract between the USPS and Amazon? I can tell you don't know Jack squat.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Nope. The USPS hasn't seen profits. Ever. They're always in a defecit. The contract between USPS ad Amazon is this. For every package the USPS delivers for Amazon, the USPS gets around 2$. Doesn't matter the size of the package. Even the huge boxes of say, dog food, or boxes of bulk paper towels, even to the small boxes of 1 hot wheels match box cars. About half the boxes I personally delivered were medium to large boxes. Add in the fact there is a uptick in Amazon deliveries each year. To the point my LLV (USPS vehicle) would be filled to the brim. President Trump is trying to push the USPS to be successful since it will never be in a profit status.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

On and on and on, he does so much dirt we’ve become use to it, and that’s the danger

He is trying to turn our country into something it was never intended to be. Although I doubt he knows what the word "coup" means, it's what he's doing through selfishness and incompetence, and yes, it's dangerous.

People need to get "woke" to his self-serving, self aggrandizing ass.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: anton74
If you took away the pension fund, the post office is still losing money.

The Post Office has to lose money. By law, the USPS is not allowed to keep any profit they earn, it goes to the US government. In any given year, their best case scenario is to break even. If they fail to do that, they go further into debt.

Also, for 2017 they had revenues of $69.6 billion and expenses of 72.2 billion. Considering they were supposed to put 6.9 billion into the pension fund, that makes up the revenue/expense gap. They didn't make the payment, but it was still factored into the expenses.

about.usps.com...

And if the didn't have to pay that 6.9 billion to the pension fund, they could use the money to pay down the 121 billion in debt and liabilities they owe.

The problem is not the pension fund. The USPS needs to get its operating costs under control and make itself more financially sound.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What do you personally know about the contract between the USPS and Amazon? I can tell you don't know Jack squat.

I’m sure I know more than Trump!

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

LMK when trump sends the IRS after amazon, like obama did with many conservative businesses and many small conservative groups.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It's hilarious to watch the left defend amazon, hamas, and ms-13 all in the same week.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I don't think anyone is "defending" Amazon. People are debunking Trump's ignorant lies. Again!

Besides, Trump's attack on Amazon is ultimately an attack on us consumers.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

It's hilarious to watch the left defend amazon, hamas, and ms-13 all in the same week.

Was Amazon doing anything illegal?

What I know is - - I got notice my Prime will double next year.

Trump's not hurting Amazon.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Cause Trump put a gun to your head and told you to shop with prime?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Dfairlite

I don't think anyone is "defending" Amazon. People are debunking Trump's ignorant lies. Again!

Besides, Trump's attack on Amazon is ultimately an attack on us consumers.

And consumers use of Amazon is an attack on Ameican retail.

It's too easy for Amazon to move all it's expenses away from the grip of US taxes while taking their revenue from US consumers. They need to pitch in. If Amazon raises the cost of their goods to offset the added expenses, then it is up to you if you choose to support it.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

And consumers use of Amazon is an attack on Ameican retail.

No it isn't. It's remedy for Mom and Pop stores and small businesses, allowing them to compete with the big box stores, like Walmart and Target, that are putting them out of business. Thousands of small businesses set up shop in the Amazon market place, as well as EBay, and other on line shopping malls.

Amazon doesn't own any of the merchansize that is sold through their online shopping mall. That's all commerce from regular businesses. For the most part, it's the responsibility of the shop owner to pay their own sales tax, just like at a brick and mortar store in a shopping mall. However, Amazon, eBay and others have apps that allow the shop owners to have the online mall collect the taxes for them, but they are still responsible for actually filing and paying their own taxes.

edit on 20-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Annee

Cause Trump put a gun to your head and told you to shop with prime?

"Pass the Trash"

Dumb. Just dumb.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I’m sure I know more than Trump!

So, you don't know a thing. Got it.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is obviously a personal vendetta against one guy by Trump. Pity his followers can't see it. USPS makes a great deal of money from Amazon - they are not "losing money" by doing business with them. ALL companies of any certain size get benefits of of bulk discounts. And they ship a lot.. I'm sure their discounts fall in line with other large companies that do a lot of business with them.

Amazon isn't "evil.." times change, how people do business changes. Internet changed everything. Paper newspapers? Phone books? Landlines? All going the way of the dinosaur. Mom and pop stores? They need to utilize online venues, which will allow them a broader market anyway.

And so what if he makes that much in a day. Alibaba made over 25 billion in ONE DAY during a sale. Online is the wave of the future, adapt or fail, that is the way of it with commerce.

posted on May, 21 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
This is obviously a personal vendetta against one guy by Trump. Pity his followers can't see it. USPS makes a great deal of money from Amazon - they are not "losing money" by doing business with them. ALL companies of any certain size get benefits of of bulk discounts. And they ship a lot.. I'm sure their discounts fall in line with other large companies that do a lot of business with them.

Amazon isn't "evil.." times change, how people do business changes. Internet changed everything. Paper newspapers? Phone books? Landlines? All going the way of the dinosaur. Mom and pop stores? They need to utilize online venues, which will allow them a broader market anyway.

And so what if he makes that much in a day. Alibaba made over 25 billion in ONE DAY during a sale. Online is the wave of the future, adapt or fail, that is the way of it with commerce.

Facts & Logic

So rare on ATS these days.

I support progression.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join