It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Personally Pushed Postmaster General to Double Rates on Amazon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

" How in the world does a president do this? "

His Motivation could be to Help Local Neighborhood Brick and Mortar Stores to be More Competitive with Online Retail Stores who do not Pay a State Sales Tax on their Merchandise .
edit on 18-5-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

My problems with Amazon I've written OP’s about and they have nothing to do with they’re mail rates, or Bezos owning WAPO.

“Above board” what does that mean? I posted that I know of no crimes or illegality of Amazon.

Intention matters very much so.

If Trump is doing this because of Bezos owning the WaPo, one of his press enemies, then it is very problematic.

If you don’t understand that then I can't explain it to you

I cant give you sober understanding

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Fine, but you do that in a legal, non-abusive fashion. Not abusing one's power by intervening in a government process that you have the ability to affect unfairly for selfish and corrupt motivations.

Trump is ruling like a gangster. He's got his own enemies list like Nixon.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If Obama was attacking an evil profit hungry corporation lefties would be throwing parties.

Um, you do know Obama isn't the president anymore, right?

Thank god for small mercy's

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Enough with your " Value Judgments " Already , You Bore Me with such Repetitions...........Yawn .

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Just got notice my Prime membership will double next year.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

So why bring him up then?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Who is advising Trump to come out against USPS contract with Amazon. I bet it's someone that has ties to UPS/FedEx or has millions of dollars in stock in one of the companies. It's no secret that UPS/FedEx wants the USPS to fail.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Call me ignorant as hell, but Imho this is the kind of action that will make your country implode. It is the first step to state induced anarchy. Wild wild West

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Trump is completely unfit for office and he proves it every day.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Amazon's been charging sales tax for a while now.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I don't see a problem here. Why can't Trump voice his opinion here? Amazon is widely seen as the epitome of the evil corporation. The Left hates Amazon. Amazon uses every trick in the book to avoid paying taxes. They've driven independent bookstores (at least!) out of business. They treat their warehouse employees like crap. In terms of the post office, they take advantage of subsidized rates to ship books (Yup, special rates for books.) So here's Trump banging on Amazon the same way the Left bangs on Amazon and you don't like it? Geez, get a grip here and at least be consistent.

Sure Trump can voice his opinion but not try to personally impact negatively the man's business by using his power to persuade a government official to single him out to hurt financially

You really believe its alright for a president to try to hurt a business just because he doesn't like them?

I know right? That would be almost like having the IRS target conservative entities, just for political gain. Totally wrong. You agree I assume?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Point out something evil. I just pointed out that Obama weaponized all the departments within the executive branch and you suggest he was a saint. Yes, he weaponized the post office, the BLM, the IRS, the FBI, the CIA, etc., etc. You did nothing... but now you cast stones. I'm serious, point to something evil without using your spin and refraction and shock statements. You were part of cult obama... how can anyone take you serious?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I don't see a problem here. Why can't Trump voice his opinion here? Amazon is widely seen as the epitome of the evil corporation. The Left hates Amazon. Amazon uses every trick in the book to avoid paying taxes. They've driven independent bookstores (at least!) out of business. They've been accused of increasing homelessness by driving up real estate prices. They treat their warehouse employees like crap. In terms of the post office, they take advantage of subsidized rates to ship books (Yup, special rates for books.) So here's Trump banging on Amazon the same way the Left bangs on Amazon and you don't like it? Geez, get a grip here and at least be consistent.

Schuyler, you would have a point if by anybody's wildest imagination, Trump was responding to any of the things you posted.

He's not. His reason's are petty, vindictive, and because he's jealous of Bezos. Personal reasons. Narcissistic reasons.
Nothing noble about it.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I say do it. Double the USPS to Amazon. Hell, triple it. Then let Amazon strike a deal with UPS and/or FedEx and when the USPS goes belly-up we can listen to Trump blame it on Obama.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

He did not take an official action against them. He made a suggestion to the Postmaster AG who took his advice. And there are RUMORS that he made the suggestion due to some WAPOST articles.

So, according to you, he has to be extra nice to everyone who ever criticised him, or else they will be able to say "he's only doing this because of the times I've criticised him!"

Even though it wasn't him who did it.

So now we have to apply that rule to everyone Trump is in contact with.
If someone on his administration does Anything wrong, we can just safely assume that Trump told them to do it. Because "sources said".

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The left doesn’t hate amazon you moron. We just had amazon build here and I can tell you that your post is all lies as it pertains to our area. Good pay and benefits. Go troll somewhere else. Then again, I’m sure your troll post will play well with the low iq trump loving mouth breathers that seem to congregate here. a reply to: schuyler

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I don't see a problem here. Why can't Trump voice his opinion here? Amazon is widely seen as the epitome of the evil corporation. The Left hates Amazon. Amazon uses every trick in the book to avoid paying taxes. They've driven independent bookstores (at least!) out of business. They've been accused of increasing homelessness by driving up real estate prices. They treat their warehouse employees like crap. In terms of the post office, they take advantage of subsidized rates to ship books (Yup, special rates for books.) So here's Trump banging on Amazon the same way the Left bangs on Amazon and you don't like it? Geez, get a grip here and at least be consistent.

Schuyler, you would have a point if by anybody's wildest imagination, Trump was responding to any of the things you posted.

He's not. His reason's are petty, vindictive, and because he's jealous of Bezos. Personal reasons. Narcissistic reasons.
Nothing noble about it.

How do you know that?
Is it just because you know in your heart that Trump is a bad person?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It's an outright abuse of power.
What a friggin snotty nosed child he is.
Hurry up Bob. Get er done.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: angeldoll

Nothing noble about it.

How do you know that?
Is it just because you know in your heart that Trump is a bad person?

yeah. In my heart he's a bad person. And in my brain, he's incompetent to lead our nation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join