It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Personally Pushed Postmaster General to Double Rates on Amazon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I love when "liberals" argue that a big company with a a 1% of 1% owner shouldn't pay their/his "fair share". It's like some people's only values and morals are just Anti-Trump.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

Likely, Amazon uses the USPS so much they are making (the USPS) a killing through Amazon. Maybe they do get a discount.

I make the point that its no problem criticizing Amazon if you think they're out of line and in many cases I agree, nevertheless a president is abusing his power if he is challenging them for personal animus, not a sincere policy difference.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

The USPS Amazon package deal is BAD for USPS... period...

Not according to USPS.

Brennan has so far resisted Trump's demand, explaining in multiple conversations occurring this year and last that these arrangements are bound by contracts and must be reviewed by a regulatory commission, the three people said. She has told the president that the Amazon relationship is beneficial for the Postal Service and gave him a group of slides that showed the variety of companies, in addition to Amazon, that also partner for deliveries.

Those other companies would probably be companies like EBay, WayFair, Overstock, Walmart...
edit on 18-5-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Not at all. Actually, under ordinary conditions, I agree that Amazon has problems but as far as I know, they do nothing illegal and offer a good service.

And the fact of the matter is it’s the Trump followers who have a double standard.

I could imagine your attitude if Obama did something like this, then I’m sure you wouldn’t defend it

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Ohhh, the OP makes it sound like Trump is actively seeking to double Amazons Rates. But what you are really saying is that Amazon may lose an unfair incentive that they have been receiving? Why not just say that instead of using loaded words to try to undermine the president?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

If you trust the USPS leadership to know how to keep the USPS solvent, then I can't help you....

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
I love when "liberals" argue that a big company with a a 1% of 1% owner shouldn't pay their/his "fair share". It's like some people's only values and morals are just Anti-Trump.

There are a number of companies that take advantage of bulk mailing rates. It makes sense, doesn't it?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

It's not the USPS leadership, it's Congress!

The Post Office saw this coming. Over a decade ago the Post Office tried to enter new businesses in record retention (medical, income, taxation), automated bill payment, social security check administration and a raft of other opportunities that would provide government delivery and storage services to various agencies and to under-served users such as low-income and the elderly. But its mandate did not include these services, and expansion into new markets required a change in charter which was not approved by Congress. Thus, USPS was stuck doing what it has always done, as market shift pushed it increasingly into irrelevancy.

Why the Postal Service Is Going Out of Business www.forbes.com...

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I will never shed tears for a guy with 100 billion.

The principle matters.

Of course, if it wasn’t Trump doing this all you conservatives would be on my side here.

You let Trump get away with anything criminal, immoral, or ugly or anything

One day psychiatrists, historians, and wise men may tell us why this happened.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Amazon is pretty much the only thing keeping the USPS afloat right now. Start charging them more and they'll finally pull the trigger on their own shipping service.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Bezos make 107 million dollars a day. A DAY... Every day 107 million in his pocket.

Screw Amazon and Bezos. I hope Trump calls for a boycott of his selfish POS ASS.

107 million a day thats 749 million a week, 3 billion a month. Meanwhile only paying his employees 15 an hour if their lucky.

He is killing our country.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I will never shed tears for a guy with 100 billion.

The principle matters.

Of course, if it wasn’t Trump doing this all you conservatives would be on my side here.

You let Trump get away with anything criminal, immoral, or ugly or anything

One day psychiatrists, historians, and wise men may tell us why this happened.

I think you should wait for Trump to actually do something unconstitutional before accusing his supporters of being blind followers. We see a massive case of executive branch corruption under the previous president, yet you want to mince words and compare the current president to hitler. I think you should take a step back and remove the splinter from your own eye... you may get a whole new perspective

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Amazon is pretty much the only thing keeping the USPS afloat right now. Start charging them more and they'll finally pull the trigger on their own shipping service.

Or make a deal with UPS.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

President Trump takes actions that go beyond what most knee-jerk people can understand.

I think it's pretty easy to understand that Trump hates Bezos personally, has made several inaccurate statements about Amazon that are fairly inappropriate statements for an American President to make about an American company, doesn't understand why he's not King Donald and would definitely be motivated to do something just like trying to get the PMG to hike up the price vindictively.

Oh, and he's a vindictive af liar who has a long documented history of abusing the system to get his way.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: carewemust

President Trump takes actions that go beyond what most knee-jerk people can understand.

I think it's pretty easy to understand that Trump hates Bezos personally, has made several inaccurate statements about Amazon that are fairly inappropriate statements for an American President to make about an American company, doesn't understand why he's not King Donald and would definitely be motivated to do something just like trying to get the PMG to hike up the price vindictively.

Oh, and he's a vindictive af liar who has a long documented history of abusing the system to get his way.

LOL because the Washington post prints good stories about him. and they have all been so accurate lol..
edit on 18-5-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

What makes you think that Amazon doesn't already have that move in the works?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

They've run into problems getting drone approval from the FAA.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Obama a very pedestrian man is a saint compared to Trump.

If you recall Hitler didn't start out doing all that evil but only because people remained quiet did he start and get away with it.

They kept justifying his actions until it was too late.

Thos who render unto the beast power are just as responsible as the beast

You empower his evil when you keep justifying it.

Conjuring up excuses over and over

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Likely, Amazon uses the USPS so much they are making (the USPS) a killing through Amazon. Maybe they do get a discount.

I make the point that its no problem criticizing Amazon if you think they're out of line and in many cases I agree, nevertheless a president is abusing his power if he is challenging them for personal animus, not a sincere policy difference.

I'm really struggling to see your point here.

It seems as if, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you are sympathetic to the idea that Amazon is not an above board company and there is a lot to be critical of Amazon over.

But you have a big issue with Trump taking Amazon to the woodshed because Trump has personal animus with the leader of Amazon.

Why does it matter why a politician comes to the decision to try and correct a bad market player? Whether it be for personal feelings or altruistic ones, if the bad market player is placed in line does that not still serve the greater good?

It will never be the case that all bad actors will be dealt with equally; battles must always be picked, why does it matter if their picked over personal dislike?

Now thats all true if Amazon is a bad actor. I like the service Amazon provides so I'm not entirely sure Trump is correct on this.
edit on 18-5-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If Obama was attacking an evil profit hungry corporation lefties would be throwing parties.

Um, you do know Obama isn't the president anymore, right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join