It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't post in Possee Comitatus forum - new topic link is missing with a circle w/ line through it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I've noticed this in a few forums since I joined, some forums the "new topic" icon is missing. Why does this happen and how can this get resolved?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Hmmm I dunno...it looks like it works fine for me...something with your account maybe? Try messaging a mod.
edit on 18/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It will automatically be resolved when you have enough posts under your belt. From the Forum Guidelines of Posse Comitatus:

And an important note: While we are now allowing the discussion of drug-related topics in an open, public, and searchable forum, we WILL NOT tolerate advocacy of recreation use in any way. Such posts will be removed, and the author's account terminated. But this privilege requires that you have made at least 500 posts in other threads in order to create new topics here.

Forum Guidelines

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Wow, that is a HIGH number. That should be changed. I wanted to post a few articles there and always wondered why I coulnd't.

For some people 500 posts can happen in a week, but they post little substance and either off-topic BS, taunts, trolling, repeating what others have already posted or just "I agree". I could get 500 if I do that as well, and I shouldn't to get the access to that.

I post only when I can ADD SUBSTANCE to the thread. agreeing is what the star feature is for. There needs to be a way to remove these $hit posts/floods people make from their post count.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
a reply to: eriktheawful

Wow, that is a HIGH number. That should be changed. I wanted to post a few articles there and always wondered why I coulnd't.

For some people 500 posts can happen in a week, but they post little substance and either off-topic BS, taunts, trolling, repeating what others have already posted or just "I agree". I could get 500 if I do that as well, and I shouldn't to get the access to that.

I post only when I can ADD SUBSTANCE to the thread. agreeing is what the star feature is for. There needs to be a way to remove these $hit posts/floods people make from their post count.

Don't like the Ts n Cs of our private members only forum we all agreed to? You should have read them. There are other forums with less quality and substance and 1/4 of the diverse topics found here.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Since the question has been answered: Thread closed.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If you think about it for just a moment, you just pointed out part of the reason why so many posts are needed in that particular forum. It's far better those posting there are time tested. There are solid reasons for each rule here, some legal, many to maintain civility in contentious topics like in this case.

The main idea is to maintain civility as much as is possible. The PC Forum is like a magnet for aggressive cop and authority hating people. The reason should be self explanatory.

You are very close to what you need now. Enjoy creating threads in the other forums in the meantime.

As to other peoples posts, worry about your own. You are not tasked with moderating so leave that to others on this privately owned board that is kind enough to provide this place for us all. We are all guests here and yes, even the Mod's are just members like you.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

join