It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Somali Immigrants Ran $100 Million Daycare Fraud

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

got it

"Immigrants who don’t, or can’t, electronically transfer that money to relatives in their home countries instead carry it there directly.

just out of curiosity how much can a person carry on a plane when travelling out of the US because that amount is huge, i mean how many trips did it take them to smuggle that amount from the US to another country

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
a reply to: JAGStorm

got it

"Immigrants who don’t, or can’t, electronically transfer that money to relatives in their home countries instead carry it there directly.

just out of curiosity how much can a person carry on a plane when travelling out of the US because that amount is huge, i mean how many trips did it take them to smuggle that amount from the US to another country

How to Travel on an Airline With Cash

Limits on Carrying Cash

Although there's technically no legal limit on how much money you can carry on a plane, if you're traveling internationally you must declare amounts of more than $10,000 on your customs form, fill out form FinCEN 105, and be prepared for possible interviews with law enforcement to explain the amount of money you're carrying.

😉

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
From the local news network:

This story begins at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, where mysterious suitcases filled with cash have become a common carry-on.

On the morning of March 15, Fox 9 chased a tip about a man who was leaving the country. Sources said he took a carry-on bag through security that was packed with $1 million in cash. Travelers can do that, as long as they fill out the proper government forms.

Fox 9 learned that these cloak-and-dagger scenarios now happen almost weekly at MSP. The money is usually headed to the Middle East, Dubai and points beyond. Sources said last year alone, more than $100 million in cash left MSP in carry-on luggage.

Millions of dollars in suitcases fly out of MSP, but why?

So it was leaving as declared cash in suitcases.

FOZIA ALI

One recent federal case points to at least some of the money going overseas.

Fox 9 obtained video of Fozia Ali being sworn in as a member of the city of Hopkins Park Board.

“I will support the constitution of the United States,” she said.

As she was taking her oath of office, she was also under investigation for wire fraud and theft of public money.

“So help me God,” she said during the ceremony.

State and federal agents had already raided Ali’s daycare center in south Minneapolis. The business was suspected of billing the government for more than a million dollars’ worth of bogus childcare services.

“We found records that she was collecting a significant amount of money for a much larger number of children than were actually attending the center,” said Craig Lisher from the FBI. “We are aware that some of the funds went overseas, what she was cashing out, money from the business."

When asked if he had any idea of what it was going for he said, “I can’t say.” When pressed if he can’t say or doesn’t know he responded, “I can’t say.”

Local government officials were in on the deal too.

But hey, let's all just not worry about it because Brietbart also covered it.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

well that wouldn't have been easy considering the guy was a frequent traveller with lots of cash every time so yes the problem is here

“The internal controls in these programs really need to be examined,” he added.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
it's not the governments money so who cares?

I don't care, Nancy Pelosi is right, raise more of our taxes so we can give more free money away to people from other countries who contribute nothing to our nation

But she won't say it like that.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If there is truth in this, then the offenders should go to jail.

Also, they should have to pay back their ill gotten gains

Just my opinion

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
If there is truth in this, then the offenders should go to jail.

Also, they should have to pay back their ill gotten gains

Just my opinion

agreed.

but no mention of the fraud tactic or scheme used...? why?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

“The internal controls in these programs really need to be examined,” he added.

Yeah, that's a little bit of an understatement. How big is Minnesota's day care fund if nobody missed a $100 million per year? I have a feeling more heads will roll here, you don't pull off a scam like this for so long and nobody notices.

And if they just did it on their own, if these guys don't go to prison they need to let them run for office... looks like they already understand the ins and outs of The Strategy.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_relativism

en.wikipedia.org...

Cultural relativism is the idea that a person's beliefs, values, and practices should be understood based on that person's own culture, rather than be judged against the criteria of another.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join